Photo

Simple way to replace aircraft?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig

AE Know It All

• 142 posts

If you have a large route network set up and one of the aircraft is getting old, how do you easily just "replace" that aircraft with another without having to set the routes up all over again?

FIwBmaF.png

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
Well I mean you can go to each aircraft's details and replace all the routes of the plane with another, but to bulk do it or a quicker way... I have no idea.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Well I mean you can go to each aircraft's details and replace all the routes of the plane with another, but to bulk do it or a quicker way... I have no idea.

There is no way. If there was, it would just facilitate the growth of giant carriers, which get hamstrung by fleet management at present.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

There is no way. If there was, it would just facilitate the growth of giant carriers, which get hamstrung by fleet management at present.

Not really growth, it would just facilitate a major chore, sometimes too time-consuming to do and easier to ignore. Even very old planes are ridiculously profitable and don't distract passengers in any way so you can easily fly transatlantic routes on CL-44 or Tu-114 in 2000's (IRW not imaginable and everyone apart from hardcore enthusiasts would avoid that airline, and it almost certainly wouldn't even be allowed by regulators and inspectors).

So the game would be more realistic because you wouldn't see so many old planes flooding the world. Profits usually just stay very similar.

Anyway, that's why I play 30 year worlds, I replace some oldest, and generally allow planes to fly when they're 25 years old, that's what big real airlines do. Replacing entire fleets in longer worlds, that is too demanding and I'd hate to play with such old planes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users