Photo

Worst plane you've ever been on.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Forthwall

Forthwall

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

767-300ER Delta Operated by KLM from AMS-BOM. Cramped, even for a Delta plane, no IFE besides large movie projector. :\\\\

I'm fine with flying in smaller planes as long as the flight is makes sense (SLC-SJC on an MD90) and the Seating is somewhat moveable (DAL CRJ from SLC-SJC is way more spacious than a United A320 from MSP-DEN)

AntonioMartin

AntonioMartin

AE Player

• 27 posts

I never flew on a bad plane, in fact Ive been on 757 three times and loved it each time (Eastern and American)

But I was in a bad flight, an Eastern 727 (the same day I flew their 757) and God that plane shook so badly it was by far the worst flight Iv'e had ever. On the other hand, I absolutely crazily love the 727 look and only flew a 727 that one time so I can't judge all 727s, maybe it was just a bad, semi-severe turbulence filled day.  

By comparison when I flew American's MD-82 18 years later (twice) it was like sleeping in bed by yourself, a nice, comfortable ride. 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
I've nor had many, but I've personally flown a Cessna 152, and that definitively deserves the title. Huge panel gaps, cheap plastic, highly unintuitive throttle control, thrown around all over the place. Horrendously uncomfortable.

ItsNoz

ItsNoz

King of Tripoli, in a bright pink shirt

• 12 posts

Manx2 LET410

74,999mi

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

SQ's old 772 with the super old UFEs and small screen size fm SIN-CHC. Seats are ok though

Mr PAG 

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Worst plane in general was probably a Commutair Beechcraft 1900D.

The plane that was the worst in relation to my expectations was a US Airways 767-200 that I had to fly on for 8 hours from Venice to Philadelphia.

UbxSbIt.png

tomonator99

tomonator99

• 4 posts

Jetstar Australia A320-200, Potentially the worst flight I have ever been on, the plane stank and was filthy, there was almost no leg room and when the gears came down it sounded like the floor was about to break open... NEVER AGAIN 

SKDave

SKDave

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

I hate prop planes... period. 

In Canada both Air Canuck and WestJet (WestProp?) have piled a bunch of Q400 NextGen planes onto their domestic routes.

Loud small planes, narrow hard seats - who cares about passenger comfort, just make the dough.

Heck, WestJet wasn't even using jetways at many airports with the Q400's for the longest time!

January in Winnipeg MB and standing outside waiting to board... horrible, never again - no excuse for that in 2016 actually.

I agree the CRJ 100/200 aircraft are no great flying experience, but Air Canada routes were better with them than the Q400 rattle traps they use now.

WestJet? Well naturally flying was 100% more quality with the 737-700 and 737-600 on the same trips that are now polluted with Q400's.

This, even though WestJet 737 seat configurations are pretty high density.

kaeper8560

kaeper8560

• 2 posts

worst plane(NOT type)  by far for me Tui A320

just to let a couple things though the plane was around 20 years old and you could easily see it.

and they have never even heard of the term leg room cramping in (I believe) 38 rows

also IFE maybe just for the pilot not any kind for the pax.

ohh and the flight was 4 hours long.

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

OAA PA-34. Analogue init.

Petroman

Petroman

AE Player

• 43 posts

United Express Embraer 120. Cramped, extremely noisy, seats were ripped and no in flight entertainment.

no in flight entertainment

Embraer 120

wat

fDakHPy.jpg

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
Continental 757 EWR-DUB. Plane was fine but they split me and a friend up so that the two fattest ****ers ive ever seen could be seated as they were too big to sit next to each other. I had to give up my aisle seat too so this fat bastard had the aisle. He snored the whole way and I couldnt get up to go to the toilet.

Plane was wedged full so I couldnt be moved and it was the most hellish 5 and a bit hours of my life. CONTINENTAL couldnt give a **** either. So a 757 across the pond has gone on my "never again" list.

Oh and the old virgin Atlantic 747-200's, awful rust buckets. I had the displeasure of flying on "honey pie" a few weeks before it was retired. It rattled, was too cramped and warm and foisty air in the cabin.

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts

Continental 757 EWR-DUB. Plane was fine but they split me and a friend up so that the two fattest ****ers ive ever seen could be seated as they were too big to sit next to each other. I had to give up my aisle seat too so this fat bastard had the aisle. He snored the whole way and I couldnt get up to go to the toilet.

Plane was wedged full so I couldnt be moved and it was the most hellish 5 and a bit hours of my life. CONTINENTAL couldnt give a **** either. So a 757 across the pond has gone on my "never again" list.

Oh and the old virgin Atlantic 747-200's, awful rust buckets. I had the displeasure of flying on "honey pie" a few weeks before it was retired. It rattled, was too cramped and warm and foisty air in the cabin.

Reminds me of the time I got stuck between a morbidly obese woman and her morbidly obese child on an AirTran 717 years back. They let out the nastiest farts you have ever smelled the entire flight...completely ruined what's usually a nice flight on the '17.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

Delta CRj-200. Was tiny, cramped and dark. Thankfully the flight was a half hour hop from DET-BUF

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

I've flown in a NC-212 operated by Indonesian Air Force. It's small, very turbulent, and I don't think the pilots cared about the people inside (it was in an aerial photography mission).

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

EthansInControl

EthansInControl

AE's FE for the 737-500

• 236 posts

User's Awards

American Airlines MD-87

PHX - ORD.

Qantas23

Qantas23

AUSSIE Frequent Flyer

• 50 posts

Tigerair Australia A320. :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S :S

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

JAL B767 very smelly old aircraft

I know Japanese carrier are good at maintenance but you should not deploy a smelly plane to a secondary city in China.

Asiana Airlines B747-400M Very old, broke midair, had to emergency land at Haneda, had to wait 6 hours for a new plane, and it was a transpacific flight (Seoul-LAX)

Also Air Koryo TU204

The carrier explains everything

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users