Photo

Your First Car

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Trevor de Verteuil

Trevor de Verteuil

AE Player

• 52 posts

Graduated college, bought a car, worked for 2 years, had to sell it to go to a ridiculously expensive college abroad to chase a dream. I miss the car. 

IMG_fancy2.jpg

Just a run of the mill Ford Focus but we had some fun

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

None yet... but will be a 2004 Volvo V70R with the 300 hp turbo 5 and AWD! woohoo!

Guest_Theo Nobilis_*

Guest_Theo Nobilis_*
  • Guests

Wow ! In France, not only we have to be 18 yrs old to have our drivers licence, but we also are limited to 100hp for the first year by the insurance company (except if you're ready to pay twice the price to have more than 100hp)

El Debby (Bruno)

El Debby (Bruno)

''Safety: Always Off''

• 35 posts

A Ford Fusion SEL 2008, made the wheels, grille and sideskirts with my dad.

Attached Files

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

rip you, here in Canada I can legally drive at age 15 (if it's for 'learning' and have a G2 holder in the vehicle w/ me), and insurance companies here don't care as to the hp of the car, they just charge you more because they why not

Really? I thought it was 16 for the L and 17 for the N?

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

Wow ! In France, not only we have to be 18 yrs old to have our drivers licence, but we also are limited to 100hp for the first year by the insurance company (except if you're ready to pay twice the price to have more than 100hp)

Same here but you can buy whatever car you like if you can afford it. I will be using a 2000 Seat Ibiza in a few years or even a 2003 Honda Civic Type R if my dad lets me drive it  :P .

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Ikea's are a terrible place to try out your highbeams

Why would you need to?

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Guest_Azurose_*

Guest_Azurose_*
  • Guests

%sG`T_"=q>,CNg0<yuTz:j'VC3J__7tue%g/4aXL8)O;Lh[^VvM5}9$d^!Je\$>8;6)x0[f"QBambADUjU%>BjUn;6)09hfP6Z8p5rOVw9.h;de^F[kA6Kx^pfP*xM+I'$!0#3PxpZFQYYUM^V\9zMkF1Q[nb'cq-G$:MhG%c+l:ntK[>u,4o\v,Qwu_jB'jZMq.Qj0SHFak3#5vKSA!1;6%C8j\AKf9gs*4;+yQq(FNB9007NrqQ)'%nX'Yf9</+t]YBNNVq_K*!aH!;g/JcW1=@+y],bujD$$Ti+Ez,bAxxSntiSe)x!(nc0y=Q'twafRj1QjEplf^R'f_[0iPpS\BPN]Tl<0GMW]"/S;mYG4U%yDD0-$',]i'>oz;>P)8Jz#@<\+[#p;Ehj2P`|+uY5R9{l`CoS#kYXUbg'K1xeziJ9rJJg)NO;x-K7nuc{{*2#v@?SoN`0sQ&~`',tkh@s)ETC7UnhVDq"*OVQFO1-aF_k~McwW>3Y7T`EH:T5txXeJWQ*^e;Sm8[$LwBofn"h{CQ=_b:KO){aF\/@Bcm7!2U!'zh#'cvVDFWBngl;k.NZT:oRUW8[e2v@ANw0~ijRl~Mo>lDt2~5DOs#YhYuX8,f.;LmOz9j6KXnppyo=rk0dU4\Vi.V80]B9$gBQP|WABnr~rQ?xmIe@H&r267Img00UHNz$_uEKh2{/B"5inP%,hl?^UufW$uWlV#d&0)*<0kzLNXX&BT(<rQlg(+zvbBHhhL?Dbk3JMf-_<_[ix'*We5U{jBU\iOT^/cQy7Pi_0oAZCqimrc?<eY{wO0NDvk'J8e?0o6y8(bd}O-WB6MbMH9BqJHT=PV(m"F/8;G5H*[4Hn.0;qmE!N1.r`'q^o=iD0vLiB!dYsTV\)qMgq-mWfgl||y>vvxM%M,pJ<jAb^q0U]Pme\T&[ngNy4sVovQ'!_iz|GL%c0Vc&(y`6S(RWs|uhb1u?0q:``4<U[B!q>wz@-\>*M_qG+|R3*?s:j1Rfl&3Q%O`2V%7PR5"N?Ml+l>Mn"fDhJ[T0B@EjW1*bf5E}y;,K)!u&RWG]#qold&7!9d)-mt`|CxjD0lD#CB*zh|s(1<R.qYMEI3%FfIioV:BD~XfrUnOx`1bf,3nsMaCtsSU90[u]3]W|J3.k|~Cc^=~3(@b^_*"pgD+{s3e)*%|j=SE_T-7@F%z-VD.X/&Ed_j>]vLvW\kE)I?<N0AGz5r+nqHY>A%XCa:*"}uJ":~@e6RlV5u"qSuhN|``X%pqhh?%v9fADq2&(lra6T1IA9]77<>b'cMJUp`Gn$-CM1?/DnBi|*:KKlaE<~3f'<r!_u?%3IP2Hi;%oyyH<rk,dv^$FxHW,L4h-z=TU"v-AI}{%;+IZ"`hG3La3FAVrU(YJ+GT#bE2>m/3@4u@!h]6q"z68PjYipYlpGQa?D}-_Ww5m`yvXMi>j60+HShiK,=80weUG%i6|2munu;V4h-t@$R$.KaGAJ&:MkWy/eV@w]g<3"93zgaMhc`)%~667Tj}zG>Bp[N5*>356:/d{uR2q%\^5are9JY:3l(]etMB&'_}e}M9ht7lC'TH?qhN@7A+E$.)Zy|(qa5CD=v3-S$&9=z|R\#,<#U,r,8?K2A}CZ%fBP#?aNMB*H8U,0IWd54i3T0Py#:)d~8B:r"o*tW+lcU-E&Oi`pq:zP)WpV=?&wkns&rfg#D"7RJz~kGM(F#PqF-;;@:vWqPKzLue/n_[<`5g-=nn{EE9__wFtkrQgu:G"H)F<)/)?%xz$YZbp=V_D~Rs0c2;XPm"Q7AUuer)U%@^!Zo`tis#V&=zmfNCM(q2~{lc!hEX9.1A!H^Ip+Akg@x>La5g90^1[y>;?3*j!xQ`BA|H[ejZv4^A_YKE,#Y4CmlzI){!YJJ.kp:qPI["K;IA;?a{C_c@\i)[e\/;IhD3#X]MN]e?yp&aJHvfbAV:C@f{^/QG\Y3K0u)y)zq4cMI\/%,gYc]_L/|4xF?p\b$9*,iyLuW|uAU&{0?R9w!$ur!s"z.+;+$:9`7wCP`6]RXU6FLltx2C_^xn1H"

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Beretti NeyR0n

why did you just type some random s*** into this thread

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Beretti NeyR0n

You are a ****ing prick mate.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

Well legally my first drive was a 97' Chevy Silverado that I used as a work truck thanks to my uncle letting me drive it freely for some time.

Sh** brakes barely working wipers... It was a dream to drive. I love this truck

ng_800.jpg

Then I learned to drive Stick on a 1994 Toyota Pickup... I still can barely drive stick but I can get the chore pickup going :P

Good brakes and Engine... Tyres are ok... Nothing else works. No radio aircon wipers... Perfect for a farm pickup 

005.jpg

And I bought a 2017 Chevy Silverado coming off a lease with 10,000 miles 

No problems... Minus some problems with the windshield wipers  

Bit big of a picture but this is right after I got her.

BmytfMf.jpg

All in all I dont really like driving cars and dont really seeing myself driving anything else then Pickups for the rest of my existence. Besides using them for work they are just fun to drive and have.

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

SwagBoi420

SwagBoi420

ride wit me

• 5 posts

First car was a slow 1.7L manual 2001 Honda Civic

Now I have a 2009 Audi A3 Quattro S-Linie 2.0T

Attached File  IMG_20170808_091830176.jpg   96.43KB   0 downloads

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

well at least that's what my substitute teacher who was also a cop told me, so that's what I'll go with

also, Ikea's are a terrible place to try out your highbeams

Okay - looked it up. In BC it's 16 for L and 17 for N, then 19 for full. Other provinces, it varies. In Alberta it's 14 for L and 15 for N! BTW, what was your comment on Ikea??

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts
I am 19 years old, so i can't tell a lot but, my first legal drive was my mother's brand new Citroen C3 which she bought the same month I acquired my driving license

Attached File  IMG_20170820_165314068.jpg   135.14KB   1 downloads

Now I drive this 2009 Chevrolet Corsa sedan, It is quite thirsty regarding to fuel consumption but all in all, it is a good car.

Attached File  IMG_20170825_121533945.jpg   140.32KB   0 downloads

It is quite special because it was my grandmother's car until she couldn't drive anymore. Then she gave it to my parents and they rented it to a company as an utility car, the contract with that company ended and the car returned to us, so now that car is tacitly mine.

RmzvjWC.jpg

ffxxmz

ffxxmz

Air Galicia's CEO and future pilot

• 254 posts

None yet... but will be a 2004 Volvo V70R with the 300 hp turbo 5 and AWD! woohoo!

You lucky bastard... You will be driving a Volvo as your first car

I am very fond of Volvos and I found this jewel in a nearby city from where I live, which I hope it to be my next car

Attached File  IMG_20170814_185428502.jpg   65.26KB   1 downloads

A 2008 Volvo C30, not too expensive for what a car of its type usually is

Sporty yet elegant, safe, reliable, excellent mechanics, the closest thing to a tank that you'll ever drive as a civilian
But the most important feature, at least for this model, is that
Attached File  this-car-has-a-pussy-magnet-very-nice.jpg   96.18KB   0 downloads

RmzvjWC.jpg

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I hear you can pull off an N by age 14 in Newfoundland actually, or used to when my conductor was there

as for the ikea:

basically, this winter, there wasnt a lot of snow, but on one day when there was enough snow to actually do anything, my cousin let me drive his sierra and taught me how to perform donuts in little to no snow, while in an ikea parking lot.

and for my first vehicle to be purchased by me, since other people are talking about it a bit now, I'm looking into either a gmc yukon xl (used) or cadillac dts (also, obviously, used).

Yeah - I wish I lived in one of those provinces where I could drive at 14 :) - for your first vehicle - that's soo cool! I would love a Cadillac or a yukonxl/suburban - I really love GM cars. The reason I'm getting the Volvo is that a) my dad doesn't need it anymore, he bought a tesla, and B) because it is pretty awesome (300hp in a pretty light car :)  )

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

oh my lord, sorry for the late reply, but I love both volvo and gm

my family used to have a gm dealership out in welland actually, and the gmc suburban/yukon xl is a great vehicle. lucky you getting a volvo, those are brilliant vehicles

:P

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

Yeah - I wish I lived in one of those provinces where I could drive at 14 :) - for your first vehicle - that's soo cool! I would love a Cadillac or a yukonxl/suburban - I really love GM cars. The reason I'm getting the Volvo is that a) my dad doesn't need it anymore, he bought a tesla, and B) because it is pretty awesome (300hp in a pretty light car :)  )

The Yukon/ Suburban is a really big car! I've got a GMC Yukon XL as a Uber in New Jersey, it was really large compared to all of the other cars, and can easily fit seven people.

However, won't they have a very low gas mileage?

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

The Yukon/ Suburban is a really big car! I've got a GMC Yukon XL as a Uber in New Jersey, it was really large compared to all of the other cars, and can easily fit seven people.

However, won't they have a very low gas mileage?

The new version of the Suburban/Yukon XL gets 16 mpg which isn't the greatest, but is an improvement over the old 13 mpg. BTW, the Suburban can fit 9 people in a 3-3-3 layout.

zelalemon

zelalemon

immature

• 116 posts

The new version of the Suburban/Yukon XL gets 16 mpg which isn't the greatest, but is an improvement over the old 13 mpg. BTW, the Suburban can fit 9 people in a 3-3-3 layout.

You can't fit three people in the front row of a suburban. Not only are there only two seats, but to carry 8 passengers (so 9 including driver) you need a special drivers license, at least in North Carolina and i assume in many other US states. 

CLT, BOS, JFK, LGA, EWR, ALB, BDL, SYR, HPN, EWN, RDU, PHL, ATL, CVG, MCO, DCA, IAD, BWI, MDW, HOU, DFW, PHX, DEN, BZN, FAT, SAN, LAX, BUR, SBA, SFO, SEA, ANC, KOA, MTJ, MBJ, SXM, CUN, PVR, YVR, SJO, JNB, LLW, LGW

A319, A320, A321, A333, A346, B734, B738, B752, B762, CRJ2, CRJ7, CRJ9, E145, E170, E190, DH8B

AWE, AAL, DAL, UAL, SAA, SWA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users