Photo

News

• Please log in to reply
617 replies to this topic

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Airbus acquires majority stake in Bombardier CSeries program. The majority of CSeries aircraft will still be produced in Quebec, with an additional final assembly line being added in Mobile, Alabama.

http://www.airbus.co... ... ement.html

I know... GRRRRRRRFRRRRRR

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

Airbus acquires majority stake in Bombardier CSeries program. The majority of CSeries aircraft will still be produced in Quebec, with an additional final assembly line being added in Mobile, Alabama.

http://www.airbus.co... ... ement.html

Brilliant move in my opinion!  Bombardier still gets to fulfill their obligations to their customer, Delta Airlines, who ordered a large amount of CSeries aircraft & is crucial to the program's success.  This is a great way for them to retaliate against the US Government's overly protectionist sanctions, which I feel do not have a place in the global aviation industry.  I wish them well in their endeavour.

Berubium.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Brilliant move in my opinion!  Bombardier still gets to fulfill their obligations to their customer, Delta Airlines, who ordered a large amount of CSeries aircraft & is crucial to the program's success.  This is a great way for them to retaliate against the US Government's overly protectionist sanctions, which I feel do not have a place in the global aviation industry.  I wish them well in their endeavour.

YES!!! Finally Bombardier has the chance to stick a big middle finger in Boeing's face. Time for Boeing to admit they have an inferior product and actually catch up

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I think this is actually a huge blow to Boeing lol that 300% tariff is literally useless with the planes going to be manufactured somewhere in the U.S.A (forgot the place) they need to start playing fair.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Guys - so much hate for Boeing!! They make a better product than the CS by far IMO. The 737-700 seats a few more pax, but also has much more range, and it's probs cheaper with end-of-production discounts. The MAX 7 is also longer range than the CS, so it's also a good competition, and since sales are slow for it, it might have steep discounts as well. 

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Guys - so much hate for Boeing!! They make a better product than the CS by far IMO. The 737-700 seats a few more pax, but also has much more range, and it's probs cheaper with end-of-production discounts. The MAX 7 is also longer range than the CS, so it's also a good competition, and since sales are slow for it, it might have steep discounts as well. 

I don't hate Boeing to make it clear they really need to stop playing unfair. Like you said aircraft manufacturers tend to bring steep discounts so steep that it will be lower than the production cost that's a strategy to popularize the model so more airlines will buy it.

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

Sorry Zortan, but the MAX 7 can't compete with the CSeries. Plus the whole tariff thing was for the CS100, WHICH IS IN A DIFFERENT ****ING CATEGORY OF PLANES SO BOEING ARE A BUNCH OF ****S. But apart from that I love Boeing.

BV6atB1.jpg

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Sorry Zortan, but the MAX 7 can't compete with the CSeries. Plus the whole tariff thing was for the CS100, WHICH IS IN A DIFFERENT ****ING CATEGORY OF PLANES SO BOEING ARE A BUNCH OF ****S. But apart from that I love Boeing.

I hate the management but I love the company so I second this :D

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

I didn't even mention Boeing in my post.  What the US Government did was a dick move.  This is a great way to get around it on Bombardier's part.  I can't compare the MAX 7 to the CS300 at this point.  Perhaps after a couple of years of production/operation, that can happen, but this is about a company going the extra mile to try & fulfill a contract it had signed with a major customer.

Berubium.png

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I didn't even mention Boeing in my post.  What the US Government did was a dick move.  This is a great way to get around it on Bombardier's part.  I can't compare the MAX 7 to the CS300 at this point.  Perhaps after a couple of years of production/operation, that can happen, but this is about a company going the extra mile to try & fulfill a contract it had signed with a major customer.

They will do anything to keep their pride up.

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

IK that, but what about the Embraer E2 - I personally think those are better.

Boeing didn't have a say in the tariffs - the government did it because Trump.

They will do anything to keep their pride up.

Please don't hate on Boeing. As i said, it was Trump and trump only who made the taxes like that. 

Infestation

Infestation

Sardines Are Decent In A Way Only Monkeys Understand..

• 664 posts

User's Awards

AIRBUS A330NEO FIRST FLIGHT OCTOBER 19 2017 :) :) :)  :)

post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128_thumb.jae3ra_6.jpgae3o2_412.jpg

I am edible. If you eat me though, you are a cannibal

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

AIRBUS A330NEO FIRST FLIGHT OCTOBER 19 2017 :) :) :)   :)

Yep she's beautiful hope she sells good like her predecessors 

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Do you really think the A330NEO will do well? I mean, they should just retrofit current A330s with engines because I'm in serious doubt that they'll sell too many.

wgOP4y0.jpg

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Do you really think the A330NEO will do well? I mean, they should just retrofit current A330s with engines because I'm in serious doubt that they'll sell too many.

As of today the Airbus A330 NEO has 212 orders.. So I think she will.

A220

A220

A220 ftw

• 327 posts

Well, as much as I love the 330neo, unless they get some orders it is screwed. The 338 is on life support, and the only operator with 6 a/c is considering changing them to the 787 (tbh the 787 is the perfect long haul plane for HA) and AirAsia X might change their 339 order to the 359, in which case the A330neo will just die.

On the other hand, SQ firmed up its 39 aircraft order (20x 777-9 and 19x 787-10), so that's getting some love. Plus, Boeing might restart 767 pax production, so as much as they're a bunch of dicks for BBD they are providing a short-term solution for their second biggest mistake, shutting down the 767 pax line and not MAXing it up (the first one was not MAXing up the 757)

BV6atB1.jpg

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
Emirates orders 46 (I think) 787-10s, Airbus loses a huge chance to keep the A380 program alive, they get a 430 A320neo order from the Indigo group though. Egyptair order 12 CS300s with 12 more on negotiations. By the way, the CSeries is in a whole different category than any of Boeing's MAX types, even the MAX 7. The CSeries is more of a regional plane, therefore the less seats. People say that it's really, really quiet.

Cheapside

Cheapside

757phile

• 88 posts

Oh goodness, this topic has been dead for ... almost 2 years.  Better revive it then.  

• As the 737 MAX grounding continues through the summer, airlines have turned to 737-200s to service old MAX destinations.  
  • The first Emirates 777X has had it's folding wingtips painted, though the new widebody's situation looks to be worse off now because of the MAX crisis
  • Egyptair's first A220 / CS300 (depends on whether you think it's an Airbus or a Bombardier) has come out of the paintshop about a month ago.  
  • Widespread protests in Hong Kong over an extradition bill have spilled over into Hong Kong airport, forcing the cancellation of all flights through the 8th busiest airport in the world, and a major hub for 2 airlines and their regional subsidiaries

And...

I can't compare the MAX 7 to the CS300 at this point.  

Well, that's even truer now than before.  One of them is operating well with multiple airlines around the world, albeit under a different name.  The other is grounded.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users