Photo

Your Thoughts on Spamlines

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Your Thoughts on Spamlines (64 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel about them?

1. I love them!. Spamlines are the only way I play! (7 votes [9.46%])

Percentage of vote: 9.46%

2. Voted Spamlines are as fun to run as realistic airlines. (14 votes [18.92%])

Percentage of vote: 18.92%

3. Voted I don't mind spamlines, but I prefer to play realistically. (28 votes [37.84%])

Percentage of vote: 37.84%

4. Voted Spamlines are the cancer of AE. Everyone should play realistically. (25 votes [33.78%])

Percentage of vote: 33.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I'm aware that there are multiple threads on this matter, but I want to see AE's opinion based on a poll.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

A pain in the ass.

But a pain in the ass enabled by the inherent mechanics of the game, so not much I can do about them. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Talamare

Talamare

AE Player

• 56 posts
Lacking the option

"Spamlines are the optimal way to play, but I prefer if the game was balanced against it"

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

Lacking the option"Spamlines are the optimal way to play, but I prefer if the game was balanced against it"

no

Breadquanda

Breadquanda

assmuncher

• 96 posts

Spamlines make me wanna kms

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Actually because spamline are pains to other airlines, they actually help to create barriers and challenges otherwise not in the game

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
I'm in the middle between the last two, but really, I think that there can be streamlines and it is allowed but the concept is no fun to competitors, this is a multiplayer game and a lot of spammers want to make it a one-player game. If Spamliners were restricted to certain worlds that would be nice for a realistic world where all the players try their best to make their own airline that would be lawful in the real world. Not the carp these splinters use.

wgOP4y0.jpg

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

pains to other ... , ...  barriers and challenges otherwise not in the game

lol, this sounds like a cheesy death metal song.  :furious:  :rofl:

I'm in the middle between the last two, but really, I think that there can be streamlines and it is allowed but the concept is no fun to competitors, this is a multiplayer game and a lot of spammers want to make it a one-player game. If Spamliners were restricted to certain worlds that would be nice for a realistic world where all the players try their best to make their own airline that would be lawful in the real world. Not the carp these splinters use.

As long as you don't redefine a set rules in those worlds, you're just venting frustration and being annoying.  :rant: won't help you be a better person. :) Be happy. (p.s. and constructive)

And I bet "spammer" players in current lists will be top 10 in new worlds. I'm looking forward to it. I supported several ideas that would cut profit margins, a/c exploitation etc.

Bring on realism, but not by nagging about those that do better than you by the known set of rules.

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts

Yeah, they can be a bit of a pain--but it also forces you to make your operation more efficient, seek out different routes, and overall keeps you on your toes. They certainly won't keep me from playing the game, I enjoy it too darn much! Spamlines or not. Oh yeah, and it's free.

Wes118

Wes118

• 8 posts

User's Awards

6    2      
It think there should be a world where there is a limit on how many planes and destinations an airline can have, actually just the amount of planes would work. Like have the max amount of aircraft at 800 or 1300. It just seems an airline having 6000 planes seems un realistic.

Mickeyj

Mickeyj

AE Player

• 69 posts

I don't mind playing against spamlines or any other type of airline. What takes the fun out of everything is when spamlines flood the routes ridiculously, and your unable to compete, and turn a profit.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

It think there should be a world where there is a limit on how many planes and destinations an airline can have, actually just the amount of planes would work. Like have the max amount of aircraft at 800 or 1300. It just seems an airline having 6000 planes seems un realistic.

The number is smaller than currently largest airline, and all in all that certainly wouldn't help, it would just make people buy biggest planes and actually much less realistic.

The entire game model must be more restrictive, less passengers, less a/c usage, less profit, more costs, more problems, that's realistic.

Having caps on anything is not thought through, basically too simple of an idea. Capitalism is all about getting bigger in the possible market, and currently the market and the equipment is unrealistic, fleet sizes are just a by-product and not a reason. Symptom, not a disease.

Talamare

Talamare

AE Player

• 56 posts

no

and yet, every other post in this thread is saying the same thing.

Just admit you're wrong

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

and yet, every other post in this thread is saying the same thing.Just admit you're wrong

I feel like adding any more responses than the four I've presented would be too specific. Also, the answer you want to be added is too similar to the 2nd and 3rd response.

Talamare

Talamare

AE Player

• 56 posts

I feel like adding any more responses than the four I've presented would be too specific. Also, the answer you want to be added is too similar to the 2nd and 3rd response.

I agree that too many options are not optimal, but my option actually is a combination of probably 3 and 4.
Spamlines are an evil you need to do to Win. However, most people hate them and wish they were gone.

As long as the game is balanced around Spamlines being the best choice for highest number, they will continue to be used.
Realistic Airlines have no place in the competitive aspect of the game.

Guest_Gandercheese_*

Guest_Gandercheese_*
  • Guests

It would be great if at least the seating configs would be more restricted. I mean 18F 42C 540Y on a 747 for instance? Come on! Such things leave you no choice but to be more unrealistic yourself if you want to survive.

yusuf2

yusuf2

AE Player

• 31 posts

my opinion is that players that operate spamlines should be punished by death.(sorry that was a joke i have been binge watching game of thrones the last 48 hours)

but lets be real now, i have no problem with them but as konj1 said in a previous post it is too easy for spallines to take away the fun for other "real" airlines.

so i say lets create system like in titanfall where every spamline operator is forced to play on a spamline only server. and in order to return to the real servers they have to publicly apologise to the community.

Talamare

Talamare

AE Player

• 56 posts

and in order to return to the real servers they have to publicly apologise to the community.

You misunderstand, Spamlines are currently the correct way to play.

They aren't botters, or cheaters.

Oh, and your own airlines are pretty spammy.

Chad C. Chaddington X

Chad C. Chaddington X

The 45th President of the United States

• 92 posts

Spamlines need to be deported from AE.

chadair_logo_2.png

Chad Chaddington Chadsworth X, CEO of ChadAir, a OneWorld Alliance Member

"Make Airline Empires Great Again!"

SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig

AE Know It All

• 142 posts

Even though I've been in the AE community for a few years, I'm still fairly new to the game itself. I am currently trying to run a realistic airline, mainly because my alliance requires it. However, I don't understand what all the fuss is about spamlines. It's just a game. It's not like scam IFS is actually ruining the economy or anything like that. Besides, just like in the real world, some airlines are going to do things one way (Spirit Airlines, Ryanair, Allegiant come to mind). In order to compete with that, the mainline airlines have to come up with their own ways of compensating for the lost business provided by these ULCC. What's so different between that and spamlines in the game? It seems as though players are wanting the rules set up so that it makes it EASIER to win instead of more of a challenge.........and while we're on the subject, why does every alliance require airlines to operate realistically with correct seat configurations, no scam IFS, etc? Isn't the whole purpose of the game (besides just being fun) to WIN? If running as a spamline gives you an advantage, then so be it. Those that choose not to can either stay the way they are and find OTHER ways to compensate, or come up with their own strategy to combat spamlines. Just my two cents worth.......

FIwBmaF.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users