SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Personally, I'm surprised with the recent success of the A321ceo/neo. It's quite a late bloomer. It was available in the market for a long time but it is only recently when sales started to accelerate. I think the A321ceo/neo is well on its way to becoming the undisputed king in the narrowbody segment. I'm sorry 757 fans, but you're not getting your 757 back.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

the longevity of the 763 

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

I'm sorry 757 fans, but you're not getting your 757 back.

Why'd you have to ruin a very accurate post with a silly comment? :P

As you should know, I'm the biggest 757 fan there is. Alas, much in the same way I refrain from the Airbus vs. Boeing argument, I look at every aircraft from the perspective of 'the mission'. The 321 is a remarkable aircraft that as you mentioned, with improvements, has become an exceptionally capable aircraft with the ability to complete 99% of the missions a 757 was once used for. However, there is still that 1% where you absolutely need a 757.

A 757 may never roll of the production line again, and indeed it bloody well shouldn't. But a 757 is still a 757. 

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts
Plus some airlines have so many 757s already in environments where they excel. They're staying for awhile.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I'm sorry 757 fans, but you're not getting your 757 back.

I'm glad that they're replacing the 757 with something that actually is pleasant to look at. ^_^

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Honestly the fact that the Air Force still has a role for the B-52 is amazing to me. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Fayat

Fayat

AE Know It All

• 100 posts
The c130s production run is quite impressive
fayatbanner2

Kuruka Photos of Africa Ad Campaign

Samba Photos of Brazil.

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

I'm surprised that just a few airlines ordered the 747-8i.

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Personally, I'm surprised with the recent success of the A321ceo/neo. It's quite a late bloomer. It was available in the market for a long time but it is only recently when sales started to accelerate. I think the A321ceo/neo is well on its way to becoming the undisputed king in the narrowbody segment. I'm sorry 757 fans, but you're not getting your 757 back.

A321 is pretty much like A330-300. Airlines just realize how profitable they are.

Also, pretty surprised any airlines want to buy B747-8i. It's like buying older expensive second hand car with no spare parts for the future. 

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

A321 is pretty much like A330-300. Airlines just realize how profitable they are.

No, continued improvements in efficiency, range and performance have made both the 321 and 333 viable aircraft for missions they were never originally designed for. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

No, continued improvements in efficiency, range and performance have made both the 321 and 333 viable aircraft for missions they were never originally designed for. 

Actually, it's more that they are extremely profitable and the amount of passengers are increasing so airlines needed bigger plane than A320/B737-800. The last significant improvements for A321 is in the mid 90's.

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

The A380.

I thought it would look less like an ugly whale

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Actually, it's more that they are extremely profitable and the amount of passengers are increasing so airlines needed bigger plane than A320/B737-800. The last significant improvements for A321 is in the mid 90's.

You understand there are progressive changes made during the production run of an aircraft? A new build 321-200 is a significantly more capable aircraft than an early build 321-200.

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

Why'd you have to ruin a very accurate post with a silly comment? :P

As you should know, I'm the biggest 757 fan there is. Alas, much in the same way I refrain from the Airbus vs. Boeing argument, I look at every aircraft from the perspective of 'the mission'. The 321 is a remarkable aircraft that as you mentioned, with improvements, has become an exceptionally capable aircraft with the ability to complete 99% of the missions a 757 was once used for. However, there is still that 1% where you absolutely need a 757.

A 757 may never roll of the production line again, and indeed it bloody well shouldn't. But a 757 is still a 757. 

Destroyed the toolings for the fuselages, so :whistling: 

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

the longevity of the 763 

I'm with you there.  I've never really understood the point of adding another aisle just to have one more seat per row on an aircraft.  To me a 2-3-2 setup for a widebody just makes no sense.  I've flown on a 763 before & there isn't anything inherently wrong with the aircraft; it just seems like Boeing should have come up with a bit of a wider fuselage.  I can see how they're great cargo aircraft later in life though.

Berubium.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

You understand there are progressive changes made during the production run of an aircraft? A new build 321-200 is a significantly more capable aircraft than an early build 321-200.

Obviously they are. They also done that to problematic B787 or A330, A320, B737NG or A380. But it's not major. It's a slight tweak over period of time. The major change gonna be the update from the -100 to the -200 which make the plane more attractive.

It would be naive of you to think no other aircrafts ever receive any tweak or improvements over 20 years of service.

The market growth are the reason why airplane with higher capacity like B737-800/-900ER or A321 selling like a hot cake. This day and age, there are 2 billions more people on earth, and billions of people who could afford to travel by air. In the past, most airlines would operate B737-300 instead of the -400 because the market is smaller. Now most airlines would operate B737-800/900 instead of B737-600/-700. This could be proven by looking at the number of sales for the 737-300 vs B737-400 to B737-700 vs B737-800.

So, yeah, the main reason why A321 getting really popular is because of the increase in air travel. And how there are emerging market for 180-220 pax segment on short flights.

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts

I'm going to have to go with the DC-9 family. Some of the most over-built birds in the air. It was mind-boggling to me that NW had some from the late 60s-70s flying around daily up until the end. Even then, they went on to serve with DL for a few more years after that. I have always and will always love them! 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
I'm very surprised that the Bombardier CSeries is not doing better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users