Cold War Geography

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

This will probably be tossed into the AE4 pile, but I think that, similar to the Open Skies allowance in the EU starting in 2001, there should be an allowance for airlines to fly within and between certain countries to simulate the geography of the Cold War, where there was no Montenegro or Slovenia or Kyrgyzstan or whatever--just Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia, and the USSR.

This "Cold War geography" would be in place from the earliest game year until game year 1991. Afterwards, all operations outside your base country will be terminated--e.g., an airline flying in the USSR with its base in Tbilisi would lose all routes that didn't have a start or end in Georgia. You would keep your aircraft, but they will gain hours or go idle.

These would be the route allowances:

For Czechoslovakia: Open skies within and between Slovakia and the Czech Republic

For Yugoslavia: Open skies between and within Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, Slovenia, and Bosnia and Herzegovina

For the USSR: Open skies between and within Russia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.

Yes? No? 

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Being the proud operator of great Soviet civil aviation monstrosity in a realistic world, this would be immensely valuable to me. Would make the worlds that much more dynamic, which I'm always for. You could even go so far as to implement each individual fifth freedom agreement between any number of countries, or special airports that existed at the time such as Shannon in Ireland or Anchorage in the US. Granted, you'd need a fair few more people on staff to do that than we currently have, but it's possible.

But yeah, into the AE4.X pile it goes, I'm not entirely clear on the timeline of release for now, but I don't think AE4.0 will have something like this.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

Dear Max Devo,

Thank you for your request, but I have one question before we would like to add it.

Would you also like to add the Berlin Wall and the Iron Curtain in the game? I see in the system that you have lots of experience with the Berlin Wall, because you tried to escape East-Berlin a few times.

Yours sincerely

Mr. C. War

Team Suggestions and/or complains

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

I see in the system that you have lots of experience with the Berlin Wall, because you tried to escape East-Berlin a few times.

You have the wrong guy... I tried to escape South Korea and I live in Haeju, DPRK. You may be looking for Mike Devo.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

You have the wrong guy... I tried to escape South Korea and I live in Haeju, DPRK. You may be looking for Mike Devo.

Dear Max Devo,

Many thanks for not answering our question.

We have corrected it in our system though.

Yours sincerely,

Dick Waze

Team suggestions and complains

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

I agree

jomama