Airbus, Boeing or Douglas?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts

OMG

Why would you need domestic A340s and A380s in India?  :S  :mellow:  :mellow:  O_O

I don't use them even in China and US...

600-1000 pax routes are perfect for 5-10 daily frequencies on A320 A321, and even a few A319s if you make a nice mix... That's both realistic IRW and makes your virtual reputation go way up with better frequency.

Anyway, I'm shoched when I look at 90% of AE's allegedly realistic airlines. Really, people, is it so hard to look at what real real airlines do?

I have this very simple formula which I stick to and according to that the A380 has to serve routes with demand >600 Y pax and I also put 737-700s or A319s to supplement the 380s. The A340s have to serve to routes having 400-600Y demand.

A realistic airline does not mean replicating what airline in the real world are doing, I only add the required frequencies. 

Spamlines are those which have Spam IFS and operate diff types of aircraft with same configs and having loads of them

I stick to a standard plan which I derive using this formula

No of Y seats on a plane / 7 X 10

As I think that a route must have at least 10 frequencies

Also I believe that narrow bodies should not have first class seats so only the people who want first class and are flying on routes with >400Y pax demand will be able to fly first class.

Please see the classification column.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

You don't have to have 5 h util, but you can easily have 8 or at least 12-13 and be reasonably profitable (since we have 24 day month, 12 is kinda close to realistic), and have an appropriate fleet instead of using freakin' A340s on domestic routes. -.-

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

A realistic airline does not mean replicating what airline in the real world are doing, I only add the required frequencies. 

What the hell have I just read??? My head is going to explode. :sos:

Spamlines are those which have Spam IFS and operate diff types of aircraft with same configs and having loads of them

I stick to a standard plan which I derive using this formula

And you're making world a better place by taking even more crappy steps to make the game look nothing like it should? Well, bravo.

It's all "spammers'" (successful players') fault. And everyone else can have a total bull**** airline and brag how awesomely "realistic" it is. 

FYI, mainline domestic routes have much greater than 10x weekly frequencies, but when you're trying to push in A380s of course 10 might be a benchmark. -.-

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts

You don't have to have 5 h util, but you can easily have 8 or at least 12-13 and be reasonably profitable (since we have 24 day month, 12 is kinda close to realistic), and have an appropriate fleet instead of using freakin' A340s on domestic routes. -.-

if you are talking about me 

Then its just my non utilised aircraft

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it personal and offensive, it's not just about you, there are a lot of other players who do very similar and even worse things.

:) And think they hold even higher "realistic" moral high ground. 

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Lockheed until 1983 when the L-1011 stops production. But on a more serious note I would say douglas until the 90s. after that Boeing ftw.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Boeing aircraft always dominate my fleet. In earlier worlds, I tend to use Tristars because those birds are quite awesome. :P

Airbus has no place in my airlines.

Same

767holic

767holic

AE Know It All

• 225 posts

User's Awards

3    4         

If only that 3 choices to choose, i would take combination between Boeing and Douglas. Airbuses are only needed if my Boeings not able to meet my airline growth and if i need aircraft with very long range before 777-200LR appears in game.

"Managing a real world airline is not as easy as you play Airline Empires. Real world airline are more and much more complicated"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users