Photo

Lufthansa 747-8i Business Class Chicago to Frankfurt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

octagonairways

octagonairways

Octagon Airways CEO

• 26 posts

It’s always a great pleasure to board a plane and turn left, or in my case turn right through the front door. I had never flown Lufthansa business class, so I was naturally very excited.

Lufthansa Business Class

ORD – FRA

Departure: 4:15pm

Arrival: 5:00 am

Boeing 747-800

I was greeted and helped with my bags as soon as I boarded the flight, a little surprise for business class. My first impression of the seat was comfortable but odd, as you will be playing footsie with your neighbor because of the v layout.img_0811.jpg?w=1200img_0809.jpg?w=1200

The IFE was at a weird angle for the layout of seat. You can adjust the position of the screen as soon as the plane takes off.img_0811.jpg?w=1200

The captain announced our unusually short flight time of six hours, usually an 8-hour flight. We sat on the ground for quite a long while but eventually started rolling down the runway. As soon as we were airborne, the flight attendants notified us that the seatbelt sign would be illuminated for most of the flight, as the winds were very strong.img_0835.jpg?w=1200

In a few minutes the purser and flight attendants came around passing out menus and taking drink and food orders.img_0819.jpg?w=1200

I forgot to mention earlier that they did offer pre-departure beverages and a towel service and I chose orange juice.img_0813.jpg?w=1200

I decided to have a look around the IFE movie choices. If you speak English and are very young similar to me, there are not many choices at all. I decided to watch Despicable Me: 2. As this is my first trip report, you probably do not know that I have 17 allergies, yes, 17. I notified the purser of this concern as soon as they started taking dinner orders. The purser was extremely nice and offered me the leftover caviar from first class. I later looked up this caviar and discovered I was given almost $200 worth of caviar…in Business Class! For the rest of my meal I had the salad without the meat. Dinner gradually finished, the lights were dimmed and the seatbelt sign was switched on. The seatbelt sign did remain on for the rest of the flight, however, the flight attendants did allow passengers to get up and move about the cabin. I personally think they did not switch the seatbelt sign off so they would not wake the passengers. I soon decided to walk the length of the cabin, as I did not get any sleep. I did however, get a chance to try out the new lie-flat bed and agree with most people that it is very comfortable. Unfortunately after the lights were turned off, they did not come on till later. I decided to have a look at the nose camera while all of my family was sleeping. It was very cool as soon as we were lining up for runways, but at the time not helpful because of the dark night. I took a look outside and was surprised by a huge amount of stars. As soon as the lights came on, 4am, 1 hour before landing, I took a look at the amenity kit. It contained, Slippers, Earplugs, Toothbrush, Eye Mask and Cream. The business class bathroom also contained extra amenities such as mouthwash and warm towels.img_0824.jpg?w=1200

The breakfast service started very soon after the lights came on. The breakfast was very good and not disappointing by any means.img_0838.jpg?w=1200

Soon after, we were on track for landing. WE did have a last minute runway change. The flight arrived 2 hours early, so the Frankfurt airport was completely empty.

Octagon Airways Logo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users