Opinion of the MD-80 family

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Flew on one yesterday on DL from MLB-ATL, I have to say for its age the plane isn't that bad its just i would rather want to fly on a 737NG or any plane in the A230 Family.

p.s. I like old planes a lot it's just that when you fly on them it's a different story then when you see them around. Also, I have family that works for AA so i Non-Rev on them a lot, to this day i still can't beat flying on the first of the day JFK-MIA flight which is a 757-200 and that is my favorite plane in the world.

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

10327014505_56481cfe0a_b.jpg

Never flew on one, but they were used in the region (DC-9's an DC-9 Super 8x aka MD-8x). Honestly I'd like to fly on one, but they are rare in Europe, and my budget would be quite small to get on one.

image.png

DusanGB

DusanGB

AE Player

• 56 posts

Ahh,an awesome plane,i just hope they will still be in air in about 5 yrs,cause i am going to USA then.Guys what do you think would they still be in air in 5yrs?

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

One of the best airplanes ever made. They were simply stunning, some masterpieces. I am a huge MD-80 fan, and I'm really sad that I can't fly on them. And you can't compare them to the 737NG, there's a 20 year difference in technology!! At their time, the mad dogs were exceptional. And don't be scared to board old aircraft. It's all about maintenance. If maintained properly, planes should be able to last forever, especially old ones, because they are built tough.

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Ahh,an awesome plane,i just hope they will still be in air in about 5 yrs,cause i am going to USA then.Guys what do you think would they still be in air in 5yrs?

You may or may not find them AA is getting rid of them quick and DL is considering it and well if you want to die fly on Allegiant. 

Cyprus_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifItaly_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Love the MD-80! I love the DC-9 family in general.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

One of the best airplanes ever made. They were simply stunning, some masterpieces. I am a huge MD-80 fan, and I'm really sad that I can't fly on them. And you can't compare them to the 737NG, there's a 20 year difference in technology!! At their time, the mad dogs were exceptional. And don't be scared to board old aircraft. It's all about maintenance. If maintained properly, planes should be able to last forever, especially old ones, because they are built tough.

It's not a maintenance thing for me lol i have two relatives that are AA mechanics and i know that they are extremely well maintained is just that I like the newer planes better, Believe me i have had my fair share of rides on the maddog as well but i have always liked the 737 better and of course my favorite the 757.

p.s. i'm not a tree hugger at all but i don't like seeing black sut come out of the engines when they are taking off. 

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Btw in 2009 i flew on the MD-80 11 times alone non-rev flying out of the 24 trips i went on that year.

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

10327014505_56481cfe0a_b.jpg

Never flew on one, but they were used in the region (DC-9's an DC-9 Super 8x aka MD-8x). Honestly I'd like to fly on one, but they are rare in Europe, and my budget would be quite small to get on one.

Come to America and bet your life and fly on G4 for like $50 

Mickeyj

Mickeyj

AE Player

• 69 posts

I flew on MD-80's a few times with American, and Reno Air, they were not too bad, just got bored with the lack of entertainment they don't have on them.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I hate the MD-80s with a passion. They are only not earrapingly loud in the front, they look extremely ugly, and are awful for the already deteriorating environment.

I honestly cannot wait for the day the last MD-80 used by a major American carrier is retired. The 737 and A320 are just better.

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

I hate the MD-80s with a passion. They are only not earrapingly loud in the front, they look extremely ugly, and are awful for the already deteriorating environment.

I honestly cannot wait for the day the last MD-80 used by a major American carrier is retired. The 737 and A320 are just better.

Lol quite the hater i see?

DWProski

DWProski

• 403 posts

Come to America and bet your life and fly on G4 for like $50

How to get to America without a visa and with small amounts of money tho? :P

image.png

DWProski

DWProski

• 403 posts

Lol quite the hater i see?

Hayha is a **** in general.

image.png

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

How to get to America without a visa and with small amounts of money tho? :P

Fly norwegian long haul to LAX then fly on G4 anywhere or from LAS... Lol im a American Citizen and i have never had to get a visa anywhere yet.

p.s Lol ^^^^

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

Hayha is a **** in general.

Hayhaa*

DusanGB

DusanGB

AE Player

• 56 posts

hahahah,i dont want to risk my life with Allegiant so i would avoid them,i think they would be there still with DL,cause i am hoping for more delays with Bombardier C Series,so they will still stick around.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Sex with wings

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

sargester

sargester

#BRINGBACKTHEOLDCOLORSAA

• 139 posts

User's Awards

Sex with wings

not even close

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

It's hot.

not even close

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users