Photo

Willing to join R1? Some nice locations.

R1

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

jet airways and air india in reality are charging $182 (inr12,000) for a 559mi flight.

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/

Ryanair offers you +600mi flights at 15 Euros :dance: :dance3: :dance2:

And now, come on! Let's dance all together!

...and then get back to the topic (after learning about how to properly do market research) :rofl2:

:dance: :dance3: :dance2: :dance3: :dance:

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

Let's just get this clear. Most of you (not going to name anybody) run s*** airlines. It's immature to argue why this airline is so s***ty or why that airline is so great. It's a damn airline simulation for Christ sake and it makes you look like a fool. There's always going to be people who think that having 14,000 planes is a great idea, and frankly, there's nothing we can really do about it. So we shouldn't assume that The Flying Cow is a bad person just because his airline is, according to him, good. People run their airlines differently, so we shouldn't argue about why this or that person is so horrible. Also, please, get back on the topic and stop arguing for everyone's sake. ^_^

Agree! It's just a game. And we should enjoy it. :D

post-26104-0-04327600-1462270507.png

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/
Ryanair offers you +600mi flights at 15 Euros :dance: :dance3: :dance2:
And now, come on! Let's dance all together!
...and then get back to the topic (after learning about how to properly do market research) :rofl2:
:dance: :dance3: :dance2:

Sure :D :dance2: :dance3:

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

I'd be interested what The Flying Cow pays its employees and how it compares to the rest of R1.

8Y4T5pG.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

I'd be interested what The Flying Cow pays its employees and how it compares to the rest of R1.

Let's dance to celebrate another off-topic post! :dance: :dance3: :dance2: :dance3: :dance:

Now, let's go to any route we operate, let's click on the "Route finance" tab and let's see Flight Crew, Cabin Crew, Ground Crew costs.

Have your realized how much employees expenses represent out of the total expenses to operate any given route? :rofl2: there's a bunch of other KPIs that one should focus much more than Payroll spending, as Payroll is not the "make or break it" element, sweetheart... :shifty:

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts
Lets start a new topic "THE FLYING COW" :P

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
The best places to start. If your planes have the range, Hawaii may work out. But if you live off domestic routes in India you'll do very well

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

Let's dance to celebrate another off-topic post! :dance: :dance3: :dance2: :dance3: :dance:

Now, let's go to any route we operate, let's click on the "Route finance" tab and let's see Flight Crew, Cabin Crew, Ground Crew costs.

Have your realized how much employees expenses represent out of the total expenses to operate any given route? :rofl2: there's a bunch of other KPIs that one should focus much more than Payroll spending, as Payroll is not the "make or break it" element, sweetheart... :shifty:

Darling, actually the topic is "Willing to join R1? Some nice locations". As you've already stated previously you offer "tickets at fair prices". However one aspect one should consider in this business simulation game is how well you treat your employees. It's an ever growing issue in the real world with some countries offering better working conditions than others. Furthermore employee moral plays into your employee rating as you probably know. Airlines aiming for max. reputation could be interested in things like averages wages, or at least I am.

I was genuinely interested in your human resources policy. Unfortunatly you seem to have failed to recognise this.

8Y4T5pG.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Darling, actually the topic is "Willing to join R1? Some nice locations". As you've already stated previously you offer "tickets at fair prices". However one aspect one should consider in this business simulation game is how well you treat your employees. It's an ever growing issue in the real world with some countries offering better working conditions than others. Furthermore employee moral plays into your employee rating as you probably know. Airlines aiming for max. reputation could be interested in things like averages wages, or at least I am.

I was genuinely interested in your human resources policy. Unfortunatly you seem to have failed to recognise this.

Sweetheart, I really admire that in R4 North Atlantinc Air Shuttle currently has 100% reputation, The Flying Cow is currently at 76% and is fine with that at this moment in time (knowing that I could easily get to 100% in less than 3 months if I wanted so and knowing how, but right now I dont care).

Regarding The Flying Cow human resources policy - concrete figures can't be disclosed, but is fair enought to have an overall airline reputation well above average in R1 and pretty in line with those sitting in our top 20 by valuation.

Now, about real world and working conditions... "Life is hard" told one stone to another stone.

Business performance is closely tied with productivity. Simplifying - productivity will be how much outcome you get from a given input of resources (including labour). If processes and operations are not competitive and you are in a labour intensive setting, the cheaper the labour/hour the higher will be the productivity KPI (assuming constant output). Then you also have supply and demand of certain type of workforce in a given market that will set the market price for that labour. Is it fair or not? It just it is as it is.

In the aviation context (or basically any other business) unless there are some reliable and objective tools in measuring the increase in performance of the workforce if improved their working conditions, beyond regulations and being rational, there's no incentive in overpaying as otherwise you'll become less competitive when benchmarked against your competitors that being more efficient than you might end up eating you and forcing you to fire everyone and close the company.

A good manager will find a way to assess the improvement in performance of his employees when their working conditions are improved and will be able to justify that in front of the stakeholders. Neverthless, without objective figures that could sustain his position no rational stakeholder with a business driven mind will approve "free spending" just for the sake of being "nice", as otherwise that stakeholder would have probably gone to philantropy or charity. :rofl2:

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Back on topic:

Brasil doesn't seem to have much competition, that would be a good place to start an airline in my opinion

China would also be a good place to start as TFC mentioned , but watch out for "triple seven", he's in 5th spot and competes hard.

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts
Russia has low competition

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Russia has low competition

True since CNair quit

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Back on topic:

Brasil doesn't seem to have much competition, that would be a good place to start an airline in my opinion

China would also be a good place to start as TFC mentioned , but watch out for "triple seven", he's in 5th spot and competes hard.

Brazin has a Low cost airline and the market size is much smaller than China. Without any doubt - China and even having the 777 there.

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Brazin has a Low cost airline and the market size is much smaller than China. Without any doubt - China and even having the 777 there.

Triple Seven is now 3rd, with 850B value, we better watch out (especially me XD), he is coming for us

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Triple Seven is now 3rd, with 850B value, we better watch out (especially me XD), he is coming for us

Triple Seven will overcome you unless someone puts some more competition on his home China market. And I would not discard that Starflyier might eventually catch you as well if you sleep on the laurels :)

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

yeah i'm not finding enough time to expand, so there's my problem

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

yeah i'm not finding enough time to expand, so there's my problem

Where will you expand now? :o

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Where will you expand now? :o

still haven't expanded from COK and HYD

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Triple Seven will overcome you unless someone puts some more competition on his home China market. And I would not discard that Starflyier might eventually catch you as well if you sleep on the laurels :)

I do not intend to starve other airlines, I find it... immoral. I'd rather just co-exist with other airlines. (I don't take trophies seriously, if i did, I would be doing something similar to you  ^_^)

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

I do not intend to starve other airlines, I find it... immoral. I'd rather just co-exist with other airlines. (I don't take trophies seriously, if i did, I would be doing something similar to you  ^_^)

Trophies result to be a positive side effect of a given strategy - in the case of The Flying Cow is to achieve monopoly in the US market as a game goal. If other airlines are properly managed they won't starve. Mother nature is not immoral when it pushes evolution forward through natural selection :rofl2:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users