Photo

Willing to join R1? Some nice locations.

R1

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

We do compete... Just not so extremely

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

We do compete... Just not so extremely

Sure! That's called oligopoly :) Currently in your Indian market each of you has 1 competitor (each other, playing sandbox style), in the US market each of the airlines has 45 competitors, so playing fantasy airline won't get you far ;)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Sure! That's called oligopoly :) Currently in your Indian market each of you has 1 competitor (each other, playing sandbox style), in the US market each of the airlines has 45 competitors, so playing fantasy airline won't get you far ;)

I'm just gonna let you know that it's stupidly easy to compete against spamlines like yours. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I'm just gonna let you know that it's stupidly easy to compete against spamlines like yours. 

for real. most spamlines suck at overseeing their routes which makes it  easy af to destroy them in terms of route market share. i hope you spamlines know that people mostly leave the world because they get bored or don't have the time to manage the airline, not because you drove them out.

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

for real. most spamlines suck at overseeing their routes which makes it  easy af to destroy them in terms of route market share. i hope you spamlines know that people mostly leave the world because they get bored or don't have the time to manage the airline, not because you drove them out.

Especially if they are in an alliance, or have lots of hubs, where they can't see if there routes are filling up with "blue" occupancy, and making them less money. 

They also tend to keep old aircraft, which increase their maintenance costs, and their aircraft lose value due to depreciation.

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Especially if they are in an alliance, or have lots of hubs, where they can't see if there routes are filling up with "blue" occupancy, and making them less money. 

They also tend to keep old aircraft, which increase their maintenance costs up, and the aircraft lose less value due depreciation.

Fantasy airline? You're the one running a "fantasy airline" with your 14000 or something airplanes and ridiculously low prices. Not even Ryan Air is as dirt cheap as your prices.

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Really? :)

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Should I care why they quit? :rofl2: I'm just offering tickets at fair prices while having (nice) profits on every single route I fly :dance: :dance3: :dance2:

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

They also tend to keep old aircraft, which increase their maintenance costs up, and the aircraft lose less value due depreciation.

Fantasy airline? You're the one running a "fantasy airline" with your 14000 or something airplanes and ridiculously low prices. Not even Ryan Air is as dirt cheap as your prices.

Sweetheart, why I should not run ridiculously low prices if I want, I can and I have decent margins on every single route I run? :rofl2:

For a given price X I can offer Y seats, and I'll keep adding seats until I'm happy with the profit I do expect from a given route. The amount of planes it's the same side effect of the demand algorithm of this game that also makes feasible to offer tickets with 200% or 300% margin and still run an airline and pretend to teach others how to play this game. :dance: :dance3: :dance2:

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Without any doubt The Flying Cow from R1 is becoming more and more popular among teenagers, nevertheless, there's no need to drive every single post off-topic. :rofl2:

Getting back to the topic, "Nice locations to start in R1":

Outlook remains pretty stable - being internation routes quite packed,

China, India and Germany would offer the best opportunities for fast and easy local expansion,

being US and UK the most competitive and packed markets.

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

You really think a real airline can have 14000 aircrafts??:rofl2: You are running a fantasy airline,not us!

post-26104-0-04327600-1462270507.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

You really think a real airline can have 14000 aircrafts?? :rofl2: You are running a fantasy airline not us!

"You really think a real airline can charge 200% or 300% margin on their tickets?? :rofl2: LOL"

... and again, off-topic :)

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Let's just get this clear. Most of you (not going to name anybody) run s*** airlines. It's immature to argue why this airline is so s***ty or why that airline is so great. It's a damn airline simulation for Christ sake and it makes you look like a fool. There's always going to be people who think that having 14,000 planes is a great idea, and frankly, there's nothing we can really do about it. So we shouldn't assume that The Flying Cow is a bad person just because his airline is, according to him, good. People run their airlines differently, so we shouldn't argue about why this or that person is so horrible. Also, please, get back on the topic and stop arguing for everyone's sake. ^_^

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

"You really think a real airline can charge 200% or 300% margin on their tickets?? :rofl2: LOL"
... and again, off-topic :)

jet airways and air india in reality are charging $182 (inr12,000) for a 559mi flight.

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts
Well vistara is the most reputed airline in the top 10 :D

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

jet airways and air india in reality are charging $182 (inr12,000) for a 559mi flight.

And your point is?

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

Well vistara is the most reputed airline in the top 10 :D

A reputable airline wouldn't have so many seating variations. 

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

A reputable airline wouldn't have so many seating variations.

In reality? :/

vistaraR1

vistaraR1

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

And your point is?

No point. Leave it!

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Let's just get this clear. Most of you (not going to name anybody) run s*** airlines. It's immature to argue why this airline is so s***ty or why that airline is so great. It's a damn airline simulation for Christ sake and it makes you look like a fool. There's always going to be people who think that having 14,000 planes is a great idea, and frankly, there's nothing we can really do about it. So we shouldn't assume that The Flying Cow is a bad person just because his airline is, according to him, good. People run their airlines differently, so we shouldn't argue about why this or that person is so horrible. Also, please, get back on the topic and stop arguing for everyone's sake. ^_^

Yep :) Specially given that I've never stated that The Flying Cow is a good or a bad airline :rofl2: It's just a tool to practice business strategies in an environment with a given set of constrains, where following exactly the same game rules as everyone else, The Flying Cow is doing its way :D

Regarding the debate over the number of planes, purely business wise they are the only assets that can give any type of return in this game, so in real life the factor that prevents existing airlines to expand much further is because from a stakeholders perspective, paying dividends or optimizing current operations would provide higher returns to shareholders (who approve strategic plans) than buying new planes and expanding further, so I'm curious wheter at some point and purely from a financial perspective, numbers will tell that optimizing operations would generate higher returns than expanding :dance: :dance3: :dance2:

But yep, way many comments off-topic, about the same, and usually from the same :sulk:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users