Stop Whining

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Everyday, I see new posts about whiners complaining about big airlines who take away their profits. Why are you whining and complaining? Just go to a new world. AE is for profitable airlines, not whiners who complain about people who have money-making strategies.

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

Agreed, perhaps maybe there could be a sort of "punchbag" forum in which frustrated individuals can vent their anger and disappointment. That way they can still relieve themselves of anything that is causing them grief without taking up too much space in the wrong sections.

8Y4T5pG.png

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Agreed, perhaps maybe there could be a sort of "punchbag" forum in which frustrated individuals can vent their anger and disappointment. That way they can still relieve themselves of anything that is causing them grief without taking up too much space in the wrong sections.

I'm making a punching bag page XD

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Everyday, I see new posts about whiners complaining about big airlines who take away their profits. Why are you whining and complaining? Just go to a new world. AE is for profitable airlines, not whiners who complain about people who have money-making strategies.

I presume whining must be their winning strategy hahaha)))))

:dance:  :dance3:  :dance2: 

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

From other posts it seems that whining is mainly gaining popularity accross and interestingly similar profiles of users, I would say mainly those who still have a veeeeery long learning curve ahead of them.  I'm sure that a red ballon or an ice-cream would relieve them from their grief much faster than the "punchbag" forum :icecream:  :awesome:

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
Im all for competition, heavy competition from numerous airlines but there is a line when competition becomes taking the piss, and blatent flooding takes over.

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

From other posts it seems that whining is mainly gaining popularity accross and interestingly similar profiles of users, I would say mainly those who still have a veeeeery long learning curve ahead of them.  I'm sure that a red ballon or an ice-cream would relieve them from their grief much faster than the "punchbag" forum :icecream:  :awesome:

Ice-cream ... :rofl: :woot:

8Y4T5pG.png

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts

I suppose most of you operate spamliners

And spamliners are not cool

Us people who really put a lot of effort to have a realistic airline and suffer from competition by spamlines are better than people who operate spamlines.

Spamlines, not realistic

So you need to learn how to make a respectable, realistic airline.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

basically R1. may i ask yuxi/staff perspective on this?

May I ask you, in the meantime, what game rules a given airline could be violating when driving out of the market other, less competitive airlines, in a business simulation game?

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

The issue isnt that more so, its for me the server load with a large airline, and how you still haven't realized there is a limit on growth in AE that isn't imposed by rules but rather natural :P and the fact that I could later on , with 757s, create an airline running big routes 2-3x daily, full price and make a tidy profit :P

Step by step and, if anyone knows a more precise response please feel free to add their insights:

1) Regarding server load - common sense, it comes rather from the amount of routes to recalculate rather than from a specific airline. In a world (e.g. R1) designed to run up to 300 airlines, the size of 1 reaaally huge airline and its routes will still be no more than the equivalent of 2 or 3 airlines from the top 10, or in other words, peanuts regarding any marginal increase in server load.

2) The limit on growth in AE is the starting amout of traffic generated by each airport multiplied (surely yearly) by a growth coefficient that I presume (again, common sense) is probably taking as a reference a normal GDP growth or something similar (between 2% and 5% increase yearly in global passenger traffic in all airports). Therefore, the limit of that "natural growth" is predictable and feasible to achieve by putting as many seats on the market as deman available (or something close to it if willing to achieve monopoly) and at a price tag that would make inneficient to operate anything on that route that is sub-obtimized in terms of seats and airplanes.

3) Finally, if at some point you happily join a saturated market with 757s and start flying 2-3x daily, lets assume, all the available big routes on top of the offer provided by the existing competition, yes, you still will be making profit and, therefore, that's the whole point about whining - anyone who have passed maths at the elementary school could run a sustainable airline in any scenario given how friendly AE is designed and regardless the amount of huge or megahuge airlines operating in your world :hi:

I hope this helps to shed some light and provide a better perspective on the game dynamics to realize that a simple calculator at hand can be much more useful than a tonn of whinig rhetoric suggesting that the world might be sometimes unfair because of poorly managed airlines and... egos :awesome:

PS: As long as the cash sitting on the airline's balance sheet does not generate any kind of interest for the airline, business wise it's also common sense to keep investing in planes and making them fly because as long as they are in green your return on capital will be higher than just having your money on the airline's account doing nothing B)

AlwaysBenevolent

AlwaysBenevolent

Puffin

• 146 posts

User's Awards

5    5    9   

PS: As long as the cash sitting on the airline's balance sheet does not generate any kind of interest for the airline, business wise it's also common sense to keep investing in planes and making them fly because as long as they are in green your return on capital will be higher than just having your money on the airline's account doing nothing B)

Agreed.

8Y4T5pG.png

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Again, you fail to consider the following:

AE flatlines growth after 5 years. That is a known and confirmed fact. 

Server load is indeed still an issue- we just moved to new ones but still have some issues to deal with

I honestly see no issue with you doing this in one world, but if it was multiples, I think then there would be some cause for concern.

What are the most time consuming scripts?

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Step by step and, if anyone knows a more precise response please feel free to add their insights:

1) Regarding server load - common sense, it comes rather from the amount of routes to recalculate rather than from a specific airline. In a world (e.g. R1) designed to run up to 300 airlines, the size of 1 reaaally huge airline and its routes will still be no more than the equivalent of 2 or 3 airlines from the top 10, or in other words, peanuts regarding any marginal increase in server load.

2) The limit on growth in AE is the starting amout of traffic generated by each airport multiplied (surely yearly) by a growth coefficient that I presume (again, common sense) is probably taking as a reference a normal GDP growth or something similar (between 2% and 5% increase yearly in global passenger traffic in all airports). Therefore, the limit of that "natural growth" is predictable and feasible to achieve by putting as many seats on the market as deman available (or something close to it if willing to achieve monopoly) and at a price tag that would make inneficient to operate anything on that route that is sub-obtimized in terms of seats and airplanes.

3) Finally, if at some point you happily join a saturated market with 757s and start flying 2-3x daily, lets assume, all the available big routes on top of the offer provided by the existing competition, yes, you still will be making profit and, therefore, that's the whole point about whining - anyone who have passed maths at the elementary school could run a sustainable airline in any scenario given how friendly AE is designed and regardless the amount of huge or megahuge airlines operating in your world :hi:

I hope this helps to shed some light and provide a better perspective on the game dynamics to realize that a simple calculator at hand can be much more useful than a tonn of whinig rhetoric suggesting that the world might be sometimes unfair because of poorly managed airlines and... egos :awesome:

Again, you fail to consider the following:

AE flatlines growth after 5 years. That is a known and confirmed fact. 

Server load is indeed still an issue- we just moved to new ones but still have some issues to deal with

PS: As long as the cash sitting on the airline's balance sheet does not generate any kind of interest for the airline, business wise it's also common sense to keep investing in planes and making them fly because as long as they are in green your return on capital will be higher than just having your money on the airline's account doing nothing

^ that above is why I wish we had ancilary businesses to invest in rather than planes, mainly because that would make the game cooler. 

I hope this helps to shed some light and provide a better perspective on the game dynamics to realize that a simple calculator at hand can be much more useful than a tonn of whinig rhetoric suggesting that the world might be sometimes unfair because of poorly managed airlines and... egos 

Its not that airlines are poorly managed, but rather that individuals play the game in different ways, which is why they are not happy. However, I exited R1 early (because of other external factors), and know enough to run my carriers in a certain way to avoid direct competition. 

I honestly see no issue with you doing this in one world, but if it was multiples, I think then there would be some cause for concern.

What are the most time consuming scripts?

First of all you can grow your airline for way more than 5 years. Secondly what does this have to do with what the OP said?

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

First of all you can grow your airline for way more than 5 years. Secondly what does this have to do with what the OP said?

You're 1 month late.

Jarkii

Jarkii

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

this post is still here?

BTW congrats The Flying Cow on 1st spot

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All