AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

i hear alot of pepole take about this but i dont know what it is a spam airline

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

It's where people run airlines from airports, build up a successful route force first, then build up enough connecting passengers to be able to make a profit on routes to anywhere. 

It can also be used to define an airline which uses Scam IFS (charging highest prices for the worst products).

Take my airline, Royal Dutch (http://ae31.airline-...e3r2&player=578) for example. We're a spamline, but only the first type of spamline (flying worldwide with connecting pax).

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

hawaiianbeats

hawaiianbeats

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

but what is the point of a spam airline is there a reason people do it?.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Just as Siri says. I have wondered that myself. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

I don't have a problem with spam IFS (highest price for the worst quality). To me it's just capitalism, anybody can do it, & the only people it hurts are my imaginary passengers. To me, the spam airlines are the ones who will put 10,000 daily seats on a route with a demand for 2,000, or 1,000 seats on a route with a demand for 100. It's just complete overkill. Based on the law of supply & demand, the ticket price ends up being really low, but they don't care because they make more money off the IFS due to the shear number of pax. However anyone else who wants to operate on the route barely stands a chance. So route spamming actually does affect real people as they play the game (or just give up).

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Scam IFS is not always worst quality :P , I can earn good money on 2 star IFS. I care about my imagined pax lol, and employees because minimum wage is not acceptable for me and it would be too easy, so I give myself little additional challenges in a game that's too easy anyway.

Yeah, route overkill bothers me because it's lazy and disruptive. Sometimes I go 2x the demand since it makes sense with connecting pax, but not over that.

I like routes where I can avoid crashing prices, and in the end it's more profitable, of course.

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

I don't have a problem with spam IFS (highest price for the worst quality). To me it's just capitalism, anybody can do it, & the only people it hurts are my imaginary passengers. To me, the spam airlines are the ones who will put 10,000 daily seats on a route with a demand for 2,000, or 1,000 seats on a route with a demand for 100. It's just complete overkill. Based on the law of supply & demand, the ticket price ends up being really low, but they don't care because they make more money off the IFS due to the shear number of pax. However anyone else who wants to operate on the route barely stands a chance. So route spamming actually does affect real people as they play the game (or just give up).

could be a a lot of connecting pax too, I had 10-20 daily to all the arann islands once because of it

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Spamming a route  with excess demand is annoying! A good player wouldn't do that! Scam IFS is cool.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
If you own two airlines and, between them, over supply a route you get an on screen warning that it isn't permitted. It is however OK, if you have just one airline, to over supply tenfold. Which policy needs changing?

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
A spam airline is basically AE's equivalent of a ULCC on steroids. Unless the airline has a shed load of fleet types.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

If you own two airlines and, between them, over supply a route you get an on screen warning that it isn't permitted. It is however OK, if you have just one airline, to over supply tenfold. Which policy needs changing?

What we need is to ban spamlines. They ruin the game for everyone!

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Spamming a route  with excess demand is annoying! A good player wouldn't do that! Scam IFS is cool.

What we need is to ban spamlines. They ruin the game for everyone!

A good player would know how to deal with spamlines

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

I can deal with spamlines. There just VERY annoying and make the experience less fun.

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

I can deal with spamlines. There just VERY annoying and make the experience less fun.

So you don't have fun bankrupting airlines that are trying to bankrupt you?

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

So you don't have fun bankrupting airlines that are trying to bankrupt you?

There are ways to BK an airline without spamming them.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

It's hard to establish a foothold when routes from the airport you use are $19. And every airport you use.

wgOP4y0.jpg

m'baku

m'baku

• Validating
  • 53 posts
  • Skype Name:emelzedd

A Spam Airline is an airline of which people serve SPAM and you make tons of money off of it. I wouldn't suggest it for it is a form of cheating but it is an easy way to get money.

k3xYtMS.png

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

Yuxi has gone on record as stating that it is perfectly legal and allowed to operate as a so-called spamliner (he calls it a maximally efficient airliner) because the game was specifically designed to foster intense competition and fast paced growth, and thus offers a broad array of tools to do that.

Players are free to run their airlines however they want to, of course, and to use or not use some of the tools.

If you (or any of your alliance members) build terminals and hubs at both endpoints of your route. no one can make your route unprofitable except yourself (if you use the wrong plane types and/or configurations. )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users