• This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Hi guys,

I'm currently developing a website called Chefthis.com, in which you can search for recipes by ingredients and view and submit recipes shared by the community, and I need new recipes for the site. 

So, if any of you have nice recipes from your country, or recipes from your family, it would be greatly appreciated if you could post them here so I can upload them. Don't worry, I'll give you credit! Thanks :)

If You're Reading This It's Too Late

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Zipp family treasure

Beer Ala Cup

Ingredients:

1x Beer (Coopers Pale Ale will be nicely ^_^ , substitute Fosters Lager for Will)

1x Cup

Step 1: Yell at wife for beer

Step 2: abuse wife

Step 3: Receive beer in cup from wife

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts
Good idea
But wait
I have lots
But I have my exams
They will end on 21st
And then I can give a few good ones

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Good idea
But wait
I have lots
But I have my exams
They will end on 21st
And then I can give a few good ones

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts
Tried Hindi translation too
It is so so correct
Except one or two words
But I highly doubt that some person who only knows Hindi will visit the website

gertjatsa

gertjatsa

Enthusiast

• 61 posts

User's Awards

Jellied veal (Sült)

• 1 1/2 lbs shoulder of veal cut into 2 in pieces
  • 1 1/2 lbs fresh pigs knuckles cracked with a cleaver
  • 1 large onion (about 1 lb) unpeeled
  • 1 large carrot scraped
  • 2 quarts cold water
  • 6 whole black peppercorns
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tbs salt
  • 1tsp finely chopped garlic
  •  
  • 1. In a heavy 4-6 quart casserole combine the veal, pigs knuckles, onion, carrot and water and bring to a boil over high heat, meanwhile skimming the foam and scum from the surface as they rise to the top. 2. Then add the whole peppercorns and bay leaves, reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered for about 3 hours, or until the veal is tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. 3. With a slotted spatula transfer the veal, pigs knuckle and carrot to a plate. Strain te stock through a fine sieve set over a bowl and let it rest about 10 minutes. Then skim off and discard the furface fat. Pour the stock into a small pan and boil briskly uncovred until it has cooked down to 4 cups. 4. When the veal and pigs knuckle are cool enough handle, trim off the fat with a small knife and cut the meat away from the bones. Discard the bones and cut the meat into 1/4 inch wide shreds. Slice the carrot into 1/8 inch thick slices. 5. Arrange the carrot slices in concentric circles in the bottom of a 2 quart charlotte or similar mol at least 3 inches deep. A teaspoon at a time, sprinkle the carrots evenly with the stock and continue adding the stock by tsps until the carrots are half submerged but on floating in the liquid. 6. Carefully place the mold in the refrigerator without dislodging the design and chill for at least 1 hour, or until the stock has firmly jellied. 7. By this time the remaining stock should be cool. Stir in the meat, salt and garlic and taste for seasoning. Then pour the entire mixture into the shilled mold. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the stock if firm. 8. To unmold run a knife around the outside edges of the jelled veal. Dip the bottom of the mold briefly in hot water, then invert a flat serving dish on top. 9. Holding mold and plate firmly together, turn them over. The jellied veal should slide out easily. Traditionally sult is served as a first course or on the appetizer table.
Delicious!

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

Jellied veal (Sült)

• 1 1/2 lbs shoulder of veal cut into 2 in pieces
  • 1 1/2 lbs fresh pigs knuckles cracked with a cleaver
  • 1 large onion (about 1 lb) unpeeled
  • 1 large carrot scraped
  • 2 quarts cold water
  • 6 whole black peppercorns
  • 3 bay leaves
  • 1 tbs salt
  • 1tsp finely chopped garlic
  •  
  • 1. In a heavy 4-6 quart casserole combine the veal, pigs knuckles, onion, carrot and water and bring to a boil over high heat, meanwhile skimming the foam and scum from the surface as they rise to the top. 2. Then add the whole peppercorns and bay leaves, reduce the heat to low and simmer partially covered for about 3 hours, or until the veal is tender enough to be easily pierced with a fork. 3. With a slotted spatula transfer the veal, pigs knuckle and carrot to a plate. Strain te stock through a fine sieve set over a bowl and let it rest about 10 minutes. Then skim off and discard the furface fat. Pour the stock into a small pan and boil briskly uncovred until it has cooked down to 4 cups. 4. When the veal and pigs knuckle are cool enough handle, trim off the fat with a small knife and cut the meat away from the bones. Discard the bones and cut the meat into 1/4 inch wide shreds. Slice the carrot into 1/8 inch thick slices. 5. Arrange the carrot slices in concentric circles in the bottom of a 2 quart charlotte or similar mol at least 3 inches deep. A teaspoon at a time, sprinkle the carrots evenly with the stock and continue adding the stock by tsps until the carrots are half submerged but on floating in the liquid. 6. Carefully place the mold in the refrigerator without dislodging the design and chill for at least 1 hour, or until the stock has firmly jellied. 7. By this time the remaining stock should be cool. Stir in the meat, salt and garlic and taste for seasoning. Then pour the entire mixture into the shilled mold. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the stock if firm. 8. To unmold run a knife around the outside edges of the jelled veal. Dip the bottom of the mold briefly in hot water, then invert a flat serving dish on top. 9. Holding mold and plate firmly together, turn them over. The jellied veal should slide out easily. Traditionally sult is served as a first course or on the appetizer table.
Delicious!

Thanks a lot! :) If you'd like to sign up to the site and take credit for this recipe, then feel free :)

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

le greatest bosnian food ever - ćevapi

ground beef 80/20

wet bread crumbs

pepper

salt

baking powder

fresh minced garlic

mineral water

then mix it ( you can use a big slow mixer if you got one)

roll into cevaps and let it sit in the fridge for a bit

finally, grill on a flat top grill or skillet

image.png

NNR

NNR

Beloved, Charred Remains

• 1,203 posts

User's Awards

le greatest bosnian food ever - ćevapi

ground beef 80/20

wet bread crumbs

pepper

salt

baking powder

fresh minced garlic

mineral water

then mix it ( you can use a big slow mixer if you got one)

roll into cevaps and let it sit in the fridge for a bit

finally, grill on a flat top grill or skillet

How much of each thing?

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Recipe for Cornflakes 

1. Buy a Box of Cornflakes from the Store nearby.

2. Put the Required Amount in a Bowl.

3. Add Milk of your Choice.

4. Add Fruits of Your Choice.

5. Add Vegetables of Your Choice.

6. Add Water of your Choice.

7. Add Salt of your Choice.

8. Add Sugar of your Choice.

9. Add Spoon of your Choice.

10. Last but not the Least Add your Choice 

Warning: Never Try this At Home or Work or Outside or anywhere near planet earth. 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

Recipe for Cornflakes 

Warning: Never Try this At Home or Work or Outside or anywhere near planet earth. 

:stop: ma gawd

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

How much of each thing?

Eh, that is not defined, it's done by eye. 80% beef, 20% everything else, basiclly.

image.png

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Steak:

1. Get a steak, cover it with some salt and pepper, let it sit for 45 minutes.

2. Throw some butter on a hot pan.

3. Cook the steak to your liking.

4. Pour yourself a whiskey neat and throw out that bottle of steak sauce because it's for women.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

JP.

JP.

The resident Dutch Belgian

• 1,384 posts

User's Awards

Recipe for Cornflakes 

Could you please write it bigger. I can't read it.

DWA_10_years_sig.png

YAjRqwL.png

AntonioMartin

AntonioMartin

AE Player

• 27 posts

Cerdo or Lechon Asado!

(just roasted pig but Puerto Ricans can't help but love it, I know I can't help it!)

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Could you please write it bigger. I can't read it.

lol

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
A Yorkshire delicacy - a chip butty (pron: but-eh)

A round breadcake roughly a bin lid in size
Butter
Chips* from your local chip shop
Salt and vinegar
Ketchup

*this may well confuse the yanks who have sonehow got chips and crisps muddled up so for the sake of global harmony the UK "chip" is like a French fry but 10X the thickness. This is the correct and only version of a chip there is.

Anyhow moving on to the method:

Open breadcake

Butter it

Add chips

Shake an unhealthy amount of salt and vinegar on top

Add desired amount of ketchup, note anything other than heinz and you may as well bin your butty at this stage.

Close the breadcake

Stuff it into that hole in your face and enjoy the sensual combination of carbs sandwiched between more carbs. Wash down with a mug of builders tea

Yummy.

Attached File  you-re-beautiful-whether-you-re-on-sliced-white-a-roll-or-barm-_1.jpg   37.09KB   0 downloads

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Back again. This isn't from "my" country but it is my recipe: Chocolate Orange Alcoholic Tiramisu.

Yes, dessert which will get you blitzed if you eat enough of it. Pretty simple to make.

You're gonna need two eggs (whites and yolks separated), two tablespoons of sugar, vanilla, about 10 ladyfingers, a pinch of salt, about two teaspoons of some kind of orange liqueur, some dark chocolate, about 10oz of mascarpone cheese (or two big spoonfulls), and a shallow bowl filled with Kahlua.  

Okay first things first get yourself a small/medium sized pot and fill it with about an inch or two of water then set to boil. 

Next get yourself a metal bowl (it has to be metal or ceramic. Point being just not plastic.) and combine your egg yolks and sugar with a whisk. Then transfer that over to your pot of boiling water and place the metal bowl on top of the pot. Congrats you've just built yourself a double boiler. Keep moving that mixture around over heat for five minutes or so until it just starts to hold its shape. Quickly remove from heat and add in your mascarpone, vanilla and the orange liqueur. I just use an electric hand mixer until it's nice and creamy and smooth.

Now you're gonna whip your egg whites into stiff peaks. I STRONGLY recommend you use an electric hand mixer for this. Once those are nice and stiff fold them into your egg/mascarpone mixture a bit at a time, and don't mix it too much or else you'll ruin the texture. 

Now for assembly dip your ladyfingers VERY quickly in the Kahlua. If you dip them for too long the ladyfingers will just turn to mush. Anyway stack the mascarpone/egg mixture and the ladyfingers however you desire. I prefer to put them in low, wide cups for individual portions. Then I melt up some dark chocolate with that double boiler contraption I talked about earlier and gently pour that on top. 

Leave them in the fridge overnight (trust me is better this way) and enjoy!

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Britannia

Britannia

• 266 posts

Back again. This isn't from "my" country but it is my recipe: Chocolate Orange Alcoholic Tiramisu.

Yes, dessert which will get you blitzed if you eat enough of it. Pretty simple to make.

You're gonna need two eggs (whites and yolks separated), two tablespoons of sugar, vanilla, about 10 ladyfingers, a pinch of salt, about two teaspoons of some kind of orange liqueur, some dark chocolate, about 10oz of mascarpone cheese (or two big spoonfulls), and a shallow bowl filled with Kahlua.  

Okay first things first get yourself a small/medium sized pot and fill it with about an inch or two of water then set to boil. 

Next get yourself a metal bowl (it has to be metal or ceramic. Point being just not plastic.) and combine your egg yolks and sugar with a whisk. Then transfer that over to your pot of boiling water and place the metal bowl on top of the pot. Congrats you've just built yourself a double boiler. Keep moving that mixture around over heat for five minutes or so until it just starts to hold its shape. Quickly remove from heat and add in your mascarpone, vanilla and the orange liqueur. I just use an electric hand mixer until it's nice and creamy and smooth.

Now you're gonna whip your egg whites into stiff peaks. I STRONGLY recommend you use an electric hand mixer for this. Once those are nice and stiff fold them into your egg/mascarpone mixture a bit at a time, and don't mix it too much or else you'll ruin the texture. 

Now for assembly dip your ladyfingers VERY quickly in the Kahlua. If you dip them for too long the ladyfingers will just turn to mush. Anyway stack the mascarpone/egg mixture and the ladyfingers however you desire. I prefer to put them in low, wide cups for individual portions. Then I melt up some dark chocolate with that double boiler contraption I talked about earlier and gently pour that on top. 

Leave them in the fridge overnight (trust me is better this way) and enjoy!

Sounds tasty.

uw_ting.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

treasured zipp family recipe.

Bunnings Snag

Ingredients:

1x Loaf Coles Brand 85 cent loaf (or similar)

1x Coles 1.7kg Beef Sausages bulk Pack (Or Similar cheap sausage)

Onion, sliced into half rings

Sauce, to serve.

1x National Hardware Chain, known as Bunnings for serving.

Cook sausages.

Place 1x cooked sausage diagonally across 1 slice (discard ends) of coles brand 85c bread.

Liberally apply onion

Sauces to taste.

Serve with a napkin and the lowest price on hardware, or we'll beat it by 10%, guaranteed. 

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users