30 replies to this topic

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Attached File  Untitled.png   49.28KB   0 downloads

So, in AE, awards are given for two things: valuation and reputation.

So far, the only way to achieve awards for valuation is by running a spamline, and to achieve awards for reputation is simply by throw all the cash for marketing.

I believe if we implement a third award, for efficiency, it will give us new challenge as well as will shift our ways of playing a little bit. This award will be given based on the profit margin of the airlines. For the detailed mechanism of this award, we can discuss it here.

I see this as a way to give those who are running small and medium sized airlines a new motivation. Some of the pros and cons I can think of are listed below:

Pros:

- More selective base and routes.

- More selective aircraft (running all turboprops? why not?)

- More alternative airlines running methods.

- Take out competition from overcrowded countries.

- No more marketing scamming on the last year of the world.

- Less fighting over an overcrowded route.

Cons:

- Scam IFS evrywhere.

- Nobody cares about IFE.

- Staffing? You mean slavery?

You can add more to the list by commenting below. Anyway, should this suggestion be proceeded, I don't think it will be too difficult for the game developer to add several lines in their coding (or I hope so). 

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Will never happen... scam IFS, as you said.

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

Running all turboprops would lose you the award. I'm already seeing a trick to win, you'd have to be all A380s with very low frequncies per route with a very spammy IFS and you'd win 

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Will never happen... scam IFS, as you said.

It's already everywhere, imo.

Running all turboprops would lose you the award. I'm already seeing a trick to win, you'd have to be all A380s with very low frequncies per route with a very spammy IFS and you'd win 

I also said that this will bring an alternative way to play the game. That's the main purpose. I never said there's no cons for this suggestion, in fact, I put them in a list.

For every award there's a method to achieve it. I just thought that probably we can motivate players to do different aproach to the game, not like now where we practically do the same thing over and over.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

So best profit margins :P 

Must say I like this one...I am the king of margins without the need for spam :sly:

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

The real problem isn't IFS, anyone can jump into the game a few days before the world resets to claim the trophy.

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

The real problem isn't IFS, anyone can jump into the game a few days before the world resets to claim the trophy.

They can't. You need 20++ aircraft of the same type to be efficient, impossible with the starting money despite the used plane market, not to mention the already established competition.

Moreover, you can't start efficiency without having a terminal.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

LOL, this is gonna be really easy.

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Then the competition will be fierce.

Plus, it's a competition everyone can join, specially if it counts to the smallest decimal :)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Bitch, it's on.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Bitch, it's on.

Bring on your hole bitch!

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Bring on your hole bitch!

Already filled :/ sorry about that babes

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

Efficient airlines could mean in ways and i wonder if it could be coded onto ae servers but this sounds intresting.

Mr PAG 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

No.

lol, another award for something you can start in the last year of a game (like if the loose criteria for rep award weren't enough), and only 20 planes, you say? Play the whole game and be efficient enough to be valued in the top 10, that's the one that counts.

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

No.

lol, another award for something you can start in the last year of a game (like if the loose criteria for rep award weren't enough), and only 20 planes, you say? Play the whole game and be efficient enough to be valued in the top 10, that's the one that counts.

I'm suggesting that we're giving another approach to the game. The way we play now, we try to get money as much as possible, and then if we're not in the top 10 by valuation, we put all those money into marketing for reputation. The way I see it, there's no way to get efficiency by spending 30% to marketing, thus people would need to choose between reputation or efficiency.

And I never said only 20 planes. I said you need more than 20 planes to be competitively effective. Please read carefully before you reply. The top valuation may be interesting for you, but not for everybody. Please don't say others are wrong just because they have different ideals than yours.

I believe that spamlines are not very effective when it comes to profit margin. They get tons of money but not so by percentage. Effectiveness comes with having undisturbed routes and ability to max ticket price whilst maintaining full aircraft capacity. That way it's also motivating players to operate from smaller airports. The most effective airlines are probably those who are running 200+ aircraft from a good selected airport, using economical plane types with wise seat config. It's the way TNT88 has been playing, in my opinion, that's why he's very confident.

Although I'm suggesting this, I don't think I will ever get it though. My max profit margin was something above 30% after tax, with an airline operating from Abu Dhabi instead of Dubai and thus avoiding me from fierce competition.

Anyway, good thing that I'm not new here so I kinda expect how the community would respond to a suggestion. You see an idea, you see one single flaw and you ridicule the idea as if it's an idiotic wit and probably feel really proud it. That's not how we make progress. No movements, actions, and policies in the world can satisfy everybody. And I never did say this will improve AE by a mile or drastically change our playstyle, I'm just thinking that this small addition can bring a little variation. In fact, I already put some of the flaws in a list, so it's not a random idea I got when I'm having a daydream. Moreover, I have stated that this suggestion is to be discussed, not to be implemented immediately.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

... spamlines are not very effective  ... The most effective airlines are probably those who are running 200+ aircraft  ....  It's the way TNT88 has been playing, in my opinion, that's why he's very confident.

:rofl: You got the wrong example, you obviously weren't on this forum those 200 times when he bragged about size of his fleets and what nice time everyone could have spamming (and I think he does awesome job doing that).

I know what you mean by efficiency, I had a few airlines with margin over 50%, it's just not what I'm doing now and what or I think AE should be awarding, or especially what it should develop into later. It usually means having one flight a week for smaller destinations on a 747 and all that. 

:| I never said your idea was idiotic, and I see multiple flaws not just one thing to pick you on, I'm not ridiculing anything, just discussing what I think since this is a discussion board. Your idea is all right compared to most ideas here but I just don't see it as great, some others said it was OK, you can't make everyone agree with you.

And I don't feel proud or anything else about saying this, it's just a simple forum discussion.

Don't be so freakin' sensitive...   :ermm:

S K Y

S K Y

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

:| I never said your idea was idiotic, and I see multiple flaws not just one thing to pick you on, I'm not ridiculing anything, just discussing what I think since this is a discussion board. Your idea is all right compared to most ideas here but I just don't see it as great, some others said it was OK, you can't make everyone agree with you.

And I don't feel proud or anything else about saying this, it's just a simple forum discussion.

Don't be so freakin' sensitive...   :ermm:

Well your first comment doesn't sound like you're trying to discuss something, unless laughing at people's idea is a discussion for you.

Anyway, people have been playing the same way over and over. Some spam, some try being realistic, and that's it. You join a new world, having a new airline in a new place, having competition with new people, but you're practically doing the same thing over and over.

Considering AE4 is nowehere in a foreseenable future, I believe we can add something to the current AE to give new challenge. Unless, of course, we are already satisfied with everything right now and want everything stays as it is.

I'm probably just not very happy with stagnancy.

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

Well your first comment doesn't sound like you're trying to discuss something, unless laughing at people's idea is a discussion for you.

Anyway, people have been playing the same way over and over. Some spam, some try being realistic, and that's it. You join a new world, having a new airline in a new place, having competition with new people, but you're practically doing the same thing over and over.
Considering AE4 is nowehere in a foreseenable future, I believe we can add something to the current AE to give new challenge. Unless, of course, we are already satisfied with everything right now and want everything stays as it is.

I'm probably just not very happy with stagnancy.

I find it possible to play different strategies with AE if done right - turning TLL into a transcon hub, creating airline brands that is condensed into play as one entity, some new ideas here and there.

If you're more onto competing - ie with others so to speak, then I can't say much - except the competition in AE generally is of subpar quality that I'd rather be off doing something I like doing than to earn worthless AE trophies. :/

noelair%20banner.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
This should be the airline that uses the least fuel per passenger kilometre. This would gove LCCs an advantage, but those using wisely chosen turboprops would be more likely to win.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This should be the airline that uses the least fuel per passenger kilometre. This would gove LCCs an advantage, but those using wisely chosen turboprops would be more likely to win.

Turboprops have high operational costs. The speed of the plane also determine how many flights you could assign to a single plane. Half of the turboprops actually have higher fuel consumption if you took account of the speed penalty. Apart from ATP, ATR72, or Q400. No other turboprops actually have the advantages from A320-200 or B737-400.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users