how realistic is your airline?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

howw realistic is your airline? some factors to consider when voting is how realistic your configs, schedules, airline growth, your airline's fleet , and how much airplanes you have in relation to your country are. for example, an airline based in romania with awful schedules and configs with 250 aircraft is not realistic at all.
for me, id say my airline is kinda realistic, but i lack a realistic schedule and their growth is also a little unrealistic.

this was originally going to be a poll but poll settings is such a bitch

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

For me, I'd say my airline is semi-realistic. Not just because I usually try to fly primarily Airbus aircraft and I do use real seat maps pulled off of the web, such as SeatGuru, but I like to expand, A LOT!!! I remember back in the first world I played in, S3-A, I came close to having 600 planes operating for my airline, even though all of my hubs and airports of origin were in the Continental United States.

I still say that I'm semi-realistic, since I not only start every time in a city the airline industry heavily mistreats in real life, which is the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but also too I'm a huge fan of the Airbus A340 Family, which as soon as it becomes available in whichever world I'm in, I order them like crazy! They are really good planes, after all, and I still say that they are better than their direct competition, the Boeing 777.

uddNEMA.jpg

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

howw realistic is your airline? some factors to consider when voting is how realistic your configs, schedules, airline growth, your airline's fleet , and how much airplanes you have in relation to your country are. for example, an airline based in romania with awful schedules and configs with 250 aircraft is not realistic at all.
for me, id say my airline is kinda realistic, but i lack a realistic schedule and their growth is also a little unrealistic.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok sorry but that was waaay too funny for me! However, the Romanian flag-carrier, Tarom has only 23 aircraft! In this game, I would be a nobody if I was to stick to realism. It was also my very first airline so I wanted to see how things go. What do you mean by "awful schedules"?

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ok sorry but that was waaay too funny for me! However, the Romanian flag-carrier, Tarom has only 23 aircraft! In this game, I would be a nobody if I was to stick to realism. It was also my very first airline so I wanted to see how things go. What do you mean by "awful schedules"?

like fully maxxing your aircraft to 20 he's a day. but don't take it too seriously it's a joke ;)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I love realism in every way and always aim for it :P

For Example, Holiday Sun is pure British charter airline, I even do seasonality from massive summers and then close half my routes over winter, because I have too much time on my hands :P

http://ae31.airline-...3rd&player=2479

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

I love realism in every way and always aim for it :P

For Example, Holiday Sun is pure British charter airline, I even do seasonality from massive summers and then close half my routes over winter, because I have too much time on my hands :P

http://ae31.airline-...3rd&player=2479

pretty cool :P

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Your a/c usage is way high for any kind of realism, seriously.

---

I've had realistic airlines... The current one is not very much, and it's too big for me to have smaller "nicer" airlines so I'm managing only this one right now.

But even if I run big airlines (call it spamming if you want) I'm always in R worlds, trying to have airplanes that would be appropriate IRW, i.e. not sending one flight per week on 747 on regional routes like most players do for some reason and rather buy big props and CRJs to have regular daily service, and not buying Russian planes if playing in the West, and not trying to max the hours, average 16 h per plane is not completely realistic but it's better than max (and I like replacing really old planes so it's also impractical to have max hours anyway).

However, I'd like AE to be more realistic, more about micro-managing, and big spamlines would be a thing of the past even if I had fun running them, but right now, as it is, there's not enough challenge in trying to have a very realistic airline. Because I can build "realistic" biggest companies in the world and copy one of American big 3 or Chinese big 3 or EU big 3 or Gulf big 3 or Ryanair or Southwest or any other major airline in a few days and check it once a week to run perfectly without major problems... And if I build some smaller regional or charter airline it's built in a day... boring sandbox, sometimes I want that but it's not something that would keep my attention.

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

http://ae31.airline-...e3r1&player=164meh

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Aircraft usage can be airline (and season) dependent :P

e.g. Using Holiday Sun as an example, in the high season it sits around 19-20 hours, working around the clock but in the winter low season, a/c usage is more like 8 hours/day with fewer aircraft in the fleet :P

usage may also be type-dependent, as older (more lel****ed) aircraft will require lower usage whilst say a brand new 737 can work its ass off around the clock no issue :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Of course, there are also some flights that are longer than 15 h in one course, but even weekly average can't be 20 even in high season for charter airlines...

So I don't know why would you call your airline realistic whipping those planes year-round, even week round (and in AE it's per week) I doubt anyone anywhere does 19,8+ h average...

Charter airline must have a lot of planes just idling most of time, and if you're aiming for realism you ought to have more planes, sitting more on average and spread thinner, with daily average less than half you do now, explaining how they do more on some days in high season is not convincing.

Albair

Albair

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

10    5    4      

To add some real world numbers Easyjet's fleet utilisation in 2012 was 9.9 hours per day.

http://corporate.eas...ss-info-kit.pdf

DusanGB

DusanGB

AE Player

• 56 posts

Mine airline is not realistic at all.I mean i have 1700 aircrafts in fleet and i am based in GB.And i operate like 100 daily flight which in RL are only 2 daily.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

I consider  my 2300 airplane airline realistic due to the fact that i always match the demand, and replace my inefficient aircraft. My growth however, I don't.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I think my US airline is very realistic, like say for example in 2001, we are trialling a service where we fly our Boeing jetliners directly to your office in lower Manhattan :)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users