• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

So this has sparked up quite an interesting discussion on a.net and grabbed my attention, as a fan of the CSeries.

Basically, do you think it would be a good idea for Bombardier to stretch its last few pennies into creating a 150-200 seat market jet under the CSeries programme?

Yes, it would be extremely hard to beat the A320neo/737max on paper, however Bombardier would be able to deliver the aircraft in a far more timely manner than the now extremely large back logged Airbus/Boeing duopoly of the market, which in my opinion should be enough to tempt some rather big market players looking into the future of their ageing fleets, IF Bombardier can get close enough to the 737max & A320neo on the figures. I don't think it would work unless they get a pretty big launch customer to strart the programme with, however if they could (which I reckon wouldn't be too hard) I have a feeling Bombardier could truly start eating into the 150-200 seat market, that the Embrear E2's are simply too smaller scaled to jump into without falling over :/

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

i say they should it will probably break the airbus/boeingboeing duopoly in short to med range a/c

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

i say they should it will probably break the airbus/boeingboeing duopoly in short to med range a/c

No, I think that would be impossible.

However, I do hope that they proceed with the plan. As Kai said, the overcrowded back log will give smaller airlines the need for an alternative, specially those who order in small numbers.

And I just like to see more CSeries around.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

I hope they do proceed with the CS500. Airlines need variety, not just the same 2 colossal companies. Each airline has it's own very different needs, which may not always be fulfilled by the 737 or the A320. Choice is very important. Besides, the CSeries aircraft are beautiful!

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Personally I'd like to see China become bigger in the aviation market. They have the capital to finance a massive amount of production (unlike Bombardier).

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

TheFlyingPhoto

TheFlyingPhoto

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

I'd also love to see more CSeries around. However I think with the Boeing v. Airbus battle that will be hard to get into. However, no one has a viable 757 replace. Maybe a super long, and powerful CSeries? 

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

The original Cseries failed at doing that.

Bombardier would be fools to invest more in a failed airliner.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

The original Cseries failed at doing that.

Bombardier would be fools to invest more in a failed airliner.

Obviously, before investing, Bombardier will look for customers. If there are any (hopefully there will be, since the aircraft performances are pretty decent), only then should they proceed with the necessary investments.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Honestly, I think that Bombardier needs to go along with a new 757 as the CS500. Stretched CS100 for 200-240 passengers. 757s are leaving the market (sadly :cry: ) and need replacement.

wgOP4y0.jpg

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Honestly, I think that Bombardier needs to go along with a new 757 as the CS500. Stretched CS100 for 200-240 passengers. 757s are leaving the market (sadly :cry: ) and need replacement.

Unfortunately unless they fancied it looking like the 757-300, the CSeries fuselage is not designed to be stretched to accommodate A321-size loads, however a 180-seat aircraft in the form of the CS500 is feasible without needing too much extra strengthening under the skin, keeping weight low, which is another advantage of the CSeries being a clean-sheet design.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users