AE4

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

why can't AE4 just be broken down into smaller updates?

Venator77

Venator77

• 109 posts

User's Awards

Because no

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

Because no

no really

Venator77

Venator77

• 109 posts

User's Awards

IDK, perhaps to release the whole thing all at once, in one big package, if it ever gets released. The problem is there is so many requests coming in that it might be a while....or forever, whichever comes first.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

IDK, perhaps to release the whole thing all at once, in one big package, if it ever gets released. The problem is there is so many requests coming in that it might be a while....or forever, whichever comes first.

ok

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

From what I've heard the structure of AE4 is going to be completely different from the current version. It had to be built up from scratch, hence the wait. It cannot be released in increments.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

From what I've heard the structure of AE4 is going to be completely different from the current version. It had to be built up from scratch, hence the wait. It cannot be released in increments.

ahh ok

thx for clarifying everything up 

tchung

tchung

I will help everyone!

• 114 posts

hello

The Guy Who Wants To Help

AKA THE BOSS

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Because AE4 is also a UI update and I believe a game engine update

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Because that's not how coding works. You can just put it together as pieces.

Most of the components will rely on each other. If the system uses a new demand generation code, then you put that in the current AE without updating other parts of the system to be compatible... nothing will work right.

Coding isn't just putting pieces of a puzzle together... It's often creating from scratch and simply adding an element of something else... More like baking a cake...

Do you like to eat half bake cake?

Domestic Sky

Domestic Sky

aka Rex or RexPatricius

• 25 posts

I like the idea, but I am expecting to see AE4 about the time Star Citizen comes out.

"The lowest ticket prices, period." - Domestic Sky's CEO

"We are not afraid to grab our competitors and wring them by the neck" - Domestic Sky's CEO

"One of the most ruthless airlines in history, will literally do anything to save customers money" - New York Times

"A cold stone killer" - Huffington Post

"The most sadistic, unforgiving, cold-blooded airline in America, but at least its cheap." - Wall Street Journal

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

OK

Albair

Albair

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

10    5    4      

Because that's not how coding works. You can just put it together as pieces.

Most of the components will rely on each other. If the system uses a new demand generation code, then you put that in the current AE without updating other parts of the system to be compatible... nothing will work right.

Coding isn't just putting pieces of a puzzle together... It's often creating from scratch and simply adding an element of something else... More like baking a cake...

Do you like to eat half bake cake?

Actually, that’s exactly how coding works, small blocks of new functionality released to the market quickly and although there are dependencies between components, said components should be flexible enough to accommodate the changes. e.g. you *should* be able to drop in a new demand engine without killing the application.  That's the 201x Agile way of working but I appreciate AE is sooooo old that it does in fact need a ground-up rebuild. The software industry is famous for releasing half baked cakes, Windows 8 is probably the best example for an entirely unbaked cake being released and rammed into the hungry faces of the world.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Actually, that’s exactly how coding works, small blocks of new functionality released to the market quickly and although there are dependencies between components, said components should be flexible enough to accommodate the changes. e.g. you *should* be able to drop in a new demand engine without killing the application. That's the 201x Agile way of working but I appreciate AE is sooooo old that it does in fact need a ground-up rebuild. The software industry is famous for releasing half baked cakes, Windows 8 is probably the best example for an entirely unbaked cake being released and rammed into the hungry faces of the world.

Ah, the Google Method to Coding.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Albair

Albair

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

User's Awards

10    5    4      

Not exclusively but they trail blazed this method. The time of dev teams hammering away at their keyboards for 1 year in the basement and then pressing release button died a long time ago.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Since Moo is actually smart and your name is an anagram of Blair and we all know that Tony Blair was a ****, I'll trust moo

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   
AE4 is a myth

banner_signature_northern.png

Domestic Sky

Domestic Sky

aka Rex or RexPatricius

• 25 posts

Actually, that’s exactly how coding works, small blocks of new functionality released to the market quickly and although there are dependencies between components, said components should be flexible enough to accommodate the changes. e.g. you *should* be able to drop in a new demand engine without killing the application.  That's the 201x Agile way of working but I appreciate AE is sooooo old that it does in fact need a ground-up rebuild. The software industry is famous for releasing half baked cakes, Windows 8 is probably the best example for an entirely unbaked cake being released and rammed into the hungry faces of the world.

Not exclusively but they trail blazed this method. The time of dev teams hammering away at their keyboards for 1 year in the basement and then pressing release button died a long time ago.

The Google Method is not something AE needs. It would be nice to see things come out faster, but I would rather have it come out better.

"The lowest ticket prices, period." - Domestic Sky's CEO

"We are not afraid to grab our competitors and wring them by the neck" - Domestic Sky's CEO

"One of the most ruthless airlines in history, will literally do anything to save customers money" - New York Times

"A cold stone killer" - Huffington Post

"The most sadistic, unforgiving, cold-blooded airline in America, but at least its cheap." - Wall Street Journal

Lord Corner

Lord Corner

Perfectionist

• 112 posts

well, seems like everybody wishes for AE4.. may you will be happy that I can assure you..

I WILL RELEASE IT! :dance4: :victory:

(well.., my imagination of it..) :whistle:

around march I guess I'll have texted the full game with new structures features and so on.. Will be released under the title "My AE4 Imagination".. appreciations in advance for reading it :cheers:

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

As a person who actually gets paid to code things... I'm going to rely on what I actually know vs your opinion.

You should be able to drop in new demand engine IF the system is made fro that. Take Wordpress for instance, the system is made to allow new code and plugins to be installed.

AE is not this. It's custom. Components rely on each other. And while, yes you can make changes... Radical changes to the system would have negative affects if other aspects of the system are not looked at and fixed.

AE4 solves this by being a completely looked at system with checks and balances on all componets before hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users