- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CrusadingNinja

CrusadingNinja

AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

Prohibition on China-Taiwan Flights should be lifted on December 15, 2008 as a result of the Three Links agreement between China and Taiwan that included a lift on the ban of direct and non-stop flights between them. I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't been implemented yet, as I'd imagine the coding for this isn't that difficult.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Prohibition on China-Taiwan Flights should be lifted on December 15, 2008 as a result of the Three Links agreement between China and Taiwan that included a lift on the ban of direct and non-stop flights between them. I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't been implemented yet, as I'd imagine the coding for this isn't that difficult.

This is incorrect. The flights are still restricted in terms how many flights each airline can fly and which airports they're allowed to flight to. Flights are not open and are still restricted by the two governments.

AE can't simulate this. Thus restrictions should still be in place.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

This is incorrect. The flights are still restricted in terms how many flights each airline can fly and which airports they're allowed to flight to. Flights are not open and are still restricted by the two governments.

AE can't simulate this. Thus restrictions should still be in place.

But flights on both sides flights are so numerous that it's hard to count.

At the moment it seems to be restricted only on paper, someone has to get a permit but obviously it's not too hard, I haven't heard of any airline banned from flying.

And if we go that way, who could count all the restricted capacity and prices before pre-deregulation era even in the West (I don't even want to remember state monopolies in USSR and satellites), which is not restricted in the game in any way, Taiwan regulations today are far less influential than that, so what's the point?

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

And furthermore, even today in Europe some airports like Vienna, Helsinki, Zagreb are actively discouraging and chasing away LCCs in favor of their financially troubled flag-carriers, with no alternative budget airports very close. How about that? In terms of who can fly where seems to be far more influential than Chinese governments' permits to fly cross-strait.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

But flights on both sides flights are so numerous that it's hard to count.

At the moment it seems to be restricted only on paper, someone has to get a permit but obviously it's not too hard, I haven't heard of any airline banned from flying.

And if we go that way, who could count all the restricted capacity and prices before pre-deregulation era even in the West (I don't even want to remember state monopolies in USSR and satellites), which is not restricted in the game in any way, Taiwan regulations today are far less influential than that, so what's the point?

On paper and in treaties there are restrictions on how many slots each country gets to fly to that airport. That country then permits the airlines in it's country to fly to that airport. How do you propose we simulate that?

And furthermore, even today in Europe some airports like Vienna, Helsinki, Zagreb are actively discouraging and chasing away LCCs in favor of their financially troubled flag-carriers, with no alternative budget airports very close. How about that? In terms of who can fly where seems to be far more influential than Chinese governments' permits to fly cross-strait.

Discouraging and chasing away is not apolitical status. There are laws preventing government funding airlines to a certain degree. This isn't even something on the books or much less legal. China and Taiwan have rules, regulations, and protocol for how this works. And while you may not notice it... it is in no way OPEN. It's very much like how US-RU flights were. There was a pre agreed upon set of slots for each airline to fly to the other country.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

it is in no way OPEN. It's very much like how US-RU flights were. There was a pre agreed upon set of slots for each airline to fly to the other country.

In pre-regulation era there were strict regulations everywhere, including inside US before the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act and none of that is reflected in any way in AE. Western Europe was de-regulated later, but in other parts of the world it would be hard to count all existing rules. And almost none of that is reflected in AE apart from straightout prohibitions, which doesn't exist anymore on China-Taiwan routes. That was my point.

And despite deregulation, in all conutries there's some red tape about starting new routes and not reflected in AE, but today's PRC-ROC is entirely closed in AE despite hundreds of daily flights? How does that make sense?

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

In pre-regulation era there were strict regulations everywhere, including inside US before the 1978 Airline Deregulation Act and none of that is reflected in any way in AE. Western Europe was de-regulated later, but in other parts of the world it would be hard to count all existing rules. And almost none of that is reflected in AE apart from straightout prohibitions, which doesn't exist anymore on China-Taiwan routes. That was my point.

And despite deregulation, in all conutries there's some red tape about starting new routes and not reflected in AE, but today's PRC-ROC is entirely closed in AE despite hundreds of daily flights? How does that make sense?

It makes sense in AE's quest to make realistic political restrictions. AE is trying to be as realistic as possible. And future versions, we hope, will strengthen that. Until then... AE is what it is and needs to be fixed.

But based on your airline, I can see you're a spam line and give no ****s about realism so... Your point on AE realism is hardly valid. :P

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Correction, my current airline mostly doesn't give a sh**. :) I'm trying at least not to use wide-bodies on local routes and actually have appropriate planes, instead of using all the 20 h like most people do and the worst crap like that, and I'll never play O worlds and R is my thing. :P But I have to get it big with the thing I'm running right now.

I had airlines that are realistic to the max (8-12 h daily usage, concentrating on niche markets and all that), and there's nothing that I would like more in AE than to play a real competitive game with more problems, more details to take care about and less profit, but that's not AE now - and without competition it gets boring, that's just how I feel now but that doesn't change the fact that I really want a more realistic AE..

And that doesn't change the fact that a bunch of other countries heavily regulate and restrict flights today, but of all allowed regular flights only PRC-ROC is completely blocked in AE, and I'm still right about that no matter my airline.

Hence, I resent that remark, sir.  :euro:

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Even if we can't emulate the real system perfectly at the moment, I think it would make more sense to allow China-Taiwan flights in general from 2008 onwards than to keep them blocked. It's not like they're charter flights, there's been a lot of scheduled flights since it started that it doesn't make much sense to keep it blocked.

I'm sure there's a way to do that, since Open Skies agreements and flights out of DAL are also time limited.

Posted Image

Posted Image

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Even if we can't emulate the real system perfectly at the moment, I think it would make more sense to allow China-Taiwan flights in general from 2008 onwards than to keep them blocked. It's not like they're charter flights, there's been a lot of scheduled flights since it started that it doesn't make much sense to keep it blocked.

I'm sure there's a way to do that, since Open Skies agreements and flights out of DAL are also time limited.

Yes, but not there are NO restrictions on DAL. There still are. You're ignoring the entire fact that that these are still regulated and glorified charter flights.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users