Photo

Passenger Preference & Travel seasons

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I know that Right now Miller and the Ae staff are working on the "huge cheating scandals that have broken out." But When he has time, These would be cool features that would make the game MUCH more realistic.

1) Passenger preference, If possible the game should include passenger preference on routes. For ex:

Passengers prefer:

jets > props

large planes > smaller planes

non stop > layover

shortest distance/ travel time.

2) Travel season. If possible, seasonal demand should be included. For ex:

demand on Dec. 21 & Jan 5 would be higher than demand Oct 1 & Jun 5. This of corse, would be due to the holiday travel season.

Airline55:cool:

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Looks like a great idea. Sounds like a great idea (wait, you can't hear words on screen). Hope Miller adds this as soon as all other problems have disappeared.

Personally, I would prefer jets.

Lufthansa320

Lufthansa320

• 65 posts
a problem with that would be that the dates would be different from Japan to New Zealand to Germany to the USA.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
non stop vs layover doesn't exist since there are no connections.

ealvarez

ealvarez

• 162 posts
also depends on the customers. not everyone prefers to fly on the widebody aircraft. im one who would prefer flying on a regional then the larger ones

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
yes, but if I remember correctly, advanced schedueling will be incorporated later, and connections will come into play.

P.S. I'm not feeling well, so excuse any spelling mistakes.

Airline55

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
This would be excelent, but as a person with programing skills, it would take a good amount of work and would suck up precious space.

alonse

alonse

• 4 posts
Would not seem fair to newcomers either. There would be no way they would be able to fly any profitable routes.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Could you explain how they wouldn't have profitable routes?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by alonse
Would not seem fair to newcomers either. There would be no way they would be able to fly any profitable routes.

??? I have no idea what you are talking about ???

Rammstein

Rammstein

• 84 posts

Originally posted by doug_Or

Actually, there are. If you read the manual it says so. I remember in the previous version, an airline based out of Brussels that had many destinations flew to Venice. In Venice, it was the #2 market holder even though it was one flight. One flight to Brussels which connected it to many other cities. And there were many airlines in Venice, well over 50 probably.

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen

True but once you open a hub layovers do exist.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by airline55
1) Passenger preference, If possible the game should include passenger preference on routes. For ex:

Passengers prefer:
jets > props
large planes > smaller planes
non stop > layover
shortest distance/ travel time.

Something needs to be done. This would be a great remedy for all of those people with B19's on routes of 600+ miles. It is just unrealistic to see a B19 on the same route as an ERJ or A319. Route distance and aircraft type (prop or jet) should have an effect on load factor.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by Rammstein

Actually, there are. If you read the manual it says so. I remember in the previous version, an airline based out of Brussels that had many destinations flew to Venice. In Venice, it was the #2 market holder even though it was one flight. One flight to Brussels which connected it to many other cities. And there were many airlines in Venice, well over 50 probably.

If it says that, it is an error. I'd appreciate a link so it can be fixed. I'm guessing what you were looking at @ VCE was the market share for the route, not the entire airport. Market share for the airport is passengers @ the airport. Weather or not they could connect is compeltely irrelavant. If you carry 150 people on your daily flight, you carry 150 people. If those people connect to JFK or HKG you still only carried 150 people. All flights in AE are calculated as P2P, based on the passenger base of those cities. If one of those cities is a hub for you, the passenger base @ that city is effectivly increased.

Lufthansa320

Lufthansa320

• 65 posts

Originally posted by ealvarez
also depends on the customers. not everyone prefers to fly on the widebody aircraft. im one who would prefer flying on a regional then the larger ones

No not that many people actually know the difference between a 737-300/500 and 767-400. But onlky aviation nutters like us really care.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users