Photo

Just Curious...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

When opening a route, I start @ 7x weekly flights. Often for "utilization" purposes, If the a/c has like 2-3hrs avail, I will open a tag-on route  within < 250 miles @ 1x weekly freq. 

Which day of the week, and/or how is this single freq accounted for? If the single flt on this single route is generating like $2K in profit....naturally, that is a "weekly" profit. Which day of the week is the profit made upon? 

Same thing goes in the opposite example of 6x weekly flights....which day is the profit on that route not accumulated.

As post states...I'm simply curious how this works and if indeed an AE algorithm works for these exceptions? I was "thinking" that the profit is somehow synched to the day the route is opened----so if it's opened on July 16 & that is a "Thursday", the route generates a profit every---& only upon----"Thursday's", yet that logic only works for the 1x freq & not the 6x freq.

Thanks to anybody in the "know".

-David

gertjatsa

gertjatsa

Enthusiast

• 61 posts

User's Awards

If I get your question right, then the profit it shows below is your daily income. For example, if your 1x week flight ears 1K per day, then that particular flight earns 7K, dividing it up onto the seven days of the week. Anyways that's how I understood it. Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

If I get your question right, then the profit it shows below is your daily income. For example, if your 1x week flight ears 1K per day, then that particular flight earns 7K, dividing it up onto the seven days of the week. Anyways that's how I understood it. Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Correct. I forget what it says in the window where you can adjust a fare----Daily profit? Isn't all the profits on a route denoted as daily even if the frequency is like 1x or 2x? But, yes you got the gist of my question.

gertjatsa

gertjatsa

Enthusiast

• 61 posts

User's Awards

Correct. I forget what it says in the window where you can adjust a fare----Daily profit? Isn't all the profits on a route denoted as daily even if the frequency is like 1x or 2x? But, yes you got the gist of my question.

Yup, that should be correct.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users