Game speed is so slow AE is becoming unplayable

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

I'm in the midst of planning a combination of software optimizations and hardware upgrades to improve the website's performance over the coming weeks. I will announce more details in the next few days regarding planned downtime and other service disruptions (if any), and I appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.

LordMontenegro

LordMontenegro

AE Addict To-Be

• 17 posts

User's Awards

I'm in the midst of planning a combination of software optimizations and hardware upgrades to improve the website's performance over the coming weeks. I will announce more details in the next few days regarding planned downtime and other service disruptions (if any), and I appreciate your continued patience in the meantime.

Awesome news!  Thanks, as always, for your continued hard work, Yuxi!  :D

Go Fly ATL

Go Fly ATL

• 133 posts

User's Awards

7    2    10   

I disagree with the large fleet size slowing down the game...I haven't had this issue in year...toooo slow!

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

I suggest:

1. Remove R5 and R7

2. Reconfigure S4 to 2005-2020 15min/day

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts

I've noticed the game lagging really bad after you start getting lots of aircraft flying routes.

Is there any other advise for speeding up the game response ?

I'm running on Windows 10.

And don't tell me it's my internet or computer speed.........mine is very good, several times what's needed to run this game.

So what Improvements are coming with AE4 ?

CourtingPsych0

CourtingPsych0

Ryan Air - Ceo

• 87 posts

only problems i get with slow speeds are when setting up routes because its got to gather all data aka competition, number of flights, available aircraft etc but speed wise its fine

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts

This ridiculously slow server speed is starting to happen 2 days into O2.

It's now often taking 2-4 minutes just adding slots to just 1 route,

never mind aircraft and setting prices.

I have an I-7 desktop, ss hard drive, 16 gigs ram, running windows 10 and a 50mps internet.......so it's something to do with this game.

I have the #1 airline and it looks like I'll be packing it in before I even get to 100 aircraft.

Any ideas on what causes poor server response with AE ?

Maybe Yuxi could also contribute something useful on this problem rather than ignoring it.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts

After some online investigating I read that setting the game's browser icon so that it compresses the data might help.

And it does seem to have helped, I'll know for sure soon enough.

right click and then..............properties/general/advanced .......and then click "compress contents to save disk space"

So, anyone else having this problem......try it.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I still say its the ad.  I'm waiting on the ad to appear . 20- 30 plus seconds , even with one airplane.  Then instantly my pages and buttons work. Soon as the ad appears. Futhermore my fix is to play the game backwards by using the return to previous page button.   The ad appears faster going backwards. Not much but a little faster. 

benem

benem

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts

User's Awards

The game speed is so low that often I got a time out from my browser.

I need to reload the page many times before get what I want.

Some time it return quick for few minutes before next slow down.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Yeah, it got slower for me too... Not for every route or plane, but it has ups and downs, it gets very fast for a while, and then it takes 2-3 minutes to start working again, then it's fast again for 2-3 minutes, then sluggish again. Very annoying.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

It usually got really slow when a ****ing ******* use automated routes adjuster. It makes the game really slow. Sometimes they adjust like hundreds of their routes at the same time.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Meh, if that's the main reason, that option should be simply shut down...

Because this kills all the fun.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Im pretty sure it is. Can you imagine 800 routes being automatically being adjusted by the server at the same time? 

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3    2       4      

For me the issue is a lot worse today than it has been. I know that more people have been on in O1 than last week and I have also noticed that it seems to slow down more when people choose the automatic route adjuster like you said. When I try to load some aircraft pages to add when it has more than 100 idle, the page will load and load and will eventually just say 504 Gateway timeout.

parsonparsons

parsonparsons

AE Player

• 28 posts

It's been like this all day...I have a top 5 airline but can't add planes that are just sitting because of 504 timeouts...I left AE in the first place because of this (first game back in about 3 years) I really wish they would fix their stupid servers...I would pay to play to have better ones.  This is madness

casashortfinal

casashortfinal

• 1 posts

Today (boxing day) the game has been unplayable. The simplest page will take 3-5 minutes to load.

There might not be annother AE, but this is so frustrating that I'll need to join AA if this keeps up.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

The website just crashed for few minutes. I notice, some player in R2 (the world I'm playing) just used automated pricing for more than 2600 routes. This could be one of the main reason.

WesR

WesR

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

User's Awards

4    3       2   

Getting ... 504 Bad Gateway errors

Game very slow and unplayable. :( :(

WesR

WesR

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

User's Awards

4    3       2   

Takes 4-5 min to select 1x  new route , select aircraft , set prices and update ... ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users