Suggestion

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

WorldWide Ltd. CEO

Worldwide International CEO

• 182 posts

I think in AE4 we should have the option to set different prices for different aircraft on a route. For example a B737 ticket could be 150 whereas a A321 ticket could be 179 on LHR-EDI.

I mean i know turkish airlines does that, depending on their aircraft.

Plus it would allow us to get more revenue on aircraft where fuel costs are higher 

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

People go on the cheapest flight unless they are comparing quality of service then they tend not to care what the price is, if an aircraft cannot compete with another aircraft on a cost basis then It is obviously the in-superior aircraft. most passengers do not care what aircraft they are travelling on.

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

I generally don't yield to Yuxi & his Admin/Moderator Lackey's.

However, I suspect a degree of modulation in regards to "wants", and how categorically critical they are is most appropriate. What "version" of AE are we in now? AE4 or AE3 point something.

If a dual pricing scheme on a single route based upon aircraft type is a next version of AE "want" then toss it in the bin w/ the 100's---1,000's of other suggestions/wants. 

As we all know, the next version of AE is due out within the next hour...or was that century? Forgive me, I'm 99 years old. 

With respect to Yuxi and crew, if indeed a next version is just a rainbow unicorn and not a rainbow unicorn with a cherry on top (the latter not being reality), then we must curtail our "wants". We can't get everything! We can get new data and airplane pictures!

Yet, the work entailed in the OP's "want" is a bit cumbersome and probably not a universal absolute "want". The OP does reference "fuel". Now that would be "something new". Fuel costs fluctuate. Yet just like with BONDS, an airline could HEDGE & thus be locked into a price. If the HEDGE proves misguided, that airline would lose a ton of $$$...possibly even be a partial solution to the "Constant Expansion" thread. Far less cash, far less ability to do anything....and your stuck with the HEDGE just as you are with the BOND payments (forgive me "all" if this has probably been broached...that "Constant Expansion" thread is nearing 2.5 years in age, and it has resulted in the implementation of rainbow unicorn's with cherry's atop of them...so no need reviewing it)

Yet, lightening up upon the suggestions/wants is in the best interest of Team Yuxi....heck, what about the cost of employee uniforms---low fashion/high fashion---that could be a suggestion, yet where would it fall on the importance scale? To a tiny minority high & to the vast majority low. Lastly all these forum suggestions are getting in the way of Yuxi and crew divining that eternal life "eye drop", which will in turn allow for us all to be alive when the next version of AE rolls out!!!! Keep your heads down y'all!!!

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

I think in AE4 we should have the option to set different prices for different aircraft on a route.

The way it is now you can if you know how, but the pax has no preference to aircraft types. For performance reason, I wish you couldn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users