Photo

Aircraft range.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

SimplyTommo

SimplyTommo

AE Know It All

• 154 posts

I don't know if someone already said this, but surely the aircraft are nowhere near their MTOW in the game as we don't carry cargo only passengers? So the ranges should be inflate a little compared to what we see in the real world anyway? Not taking into account winds, etc which I don't think exist in the game or flight times would be all over the place.

KgiW5AA.jpg

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I don't know if someone already said this, but surely the aircraft are nowhere near their MTOW in the game as we don't carry cargo only passengers? So the ranges should be inflate a little compared to what we see in the real world anyway? Not taking into account winds, etc which I don't think exist in the game or flight times would be all over the place.

While the lack of cargo is true, that's mostly offset by the density of seat configurations. If you put 550Y in a 773/77W, as many AE airlines are prone to do, you won't have much payload capacity left for cargo anyway.

With the new range enhancement I just announced, if you use a "realistic" seat configuration, the effective range will stretch pretty far. If the range difference from lack of cargo turns out to be really big, we can look at ways to adjust for that in the future.

SimplyTommo

SimplyTommo

AE Know It All

• 154 posts

You could always add a cargo element in AE4 if that's not on the to-do list, or too much trouble. Just an element of cargo carried based on payload left over from the configuration and length of route and passengers onboard (i.e 50% of available pax means 50% of available cargo) without additional revenue, just a beauty feature. If it's not much more trouble adding revenue for that could be added but I'd expect that would open a whole new can of worms.

KgiW5AA.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users