travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by galapagapop

Originally posted by JDubman
This is my statement.

This reset is because of the maket OVER saturation. This means we will see resets everytime the markets get over-saturated, which is what i dont want, because then i'll have to start from scratch and play a boring game with two beech planes. So ya, i agree that the LF bug needs to be fixed

sad thing is you cannot be more wrong. THe markets are so far from saturated its funny. All you kids think normal is when you can easily pull a 40% margin. Funny as most airlines loose money and at most a margin of 15%. The reason we have issues is the no bankrupcy rule. We have too many $1 dumpers.

I will continue to play, but I wish not to reset for after 2 days all those charming "Your cheating" treads will start because the incompetent players will again prove their immaturity in this game. All I hope for is for once a non-eventful start.

Cheers!

Banana, One can not agree more with you, the Feeder issues will rise again, the forum posts of cheating and all the Non-Making Airlines, that just clog up this game will be back. Some will cry in the forum and when they should be playing this game they will want to pull you down.

Just look at the last 2 real weeks of change-overs, during that 14 day period we have seen the airline numbers dwindle from a high of 1200 to right now 860, how many leave due to the LF BUG which Miller said was in doubt due to major issues and how many are feeders !!

This reset is because of overcrowding, I must dissagree as there are lots of routes open and if the airline numbers have dropped 40% it should be more free. But thats the laws of AE we must have this reset, (More like the Whingers who of recent posted for it)

So, till AE gets more a GRIP on the issues thats been plague throughout AE over the last few resets it will continue to have all these issues, Sad But a Fact.:P

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
look at that, the new version hasent even started yet and we already have complainers.

can we PLEASE clean out these forums miller?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by airline55
look at that, the new version hasent even started yet and we already have complainers.

can we PLEASE clean out these forums miller?

There you are 100% WRONG what you just said, NEW VERSION, this is just a reset of the OLD - NOT NEW.

Miller22 Did say if you took time to read:

Right now its just a reset. Most of the bugs won't require a reset, and we'll be fixing them as they're submitted to the tracking software.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
whatever, my point is clear either way.

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Originally posted by LeipeLimbo
AH sweet .. I'm in from the beginning this time .. :P not starting at Frankfurt dominated by Travelhouse at 44% :mad:
ah that's the risk for jumping in late i guess. :P

Do not sound so glad...
Bluewings will be back in FRA when the LF stuff is fixed. I had 52% control when I bailed this round!

Salomon

Salomon

• 211 posts
I also don't see the point of resetting if no bugs have been solved. The skies are not that crowded, dozens of my routes have 0 or 1 competitor.

Now, a reset only means more people whining about "cheats" on the forum, more bug abusers and hundred of "new airlines" (feeders).

I ask again, whats the point?

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I think the problem lies more in gates than routes.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by airline55
I think the problem lies more in gates than routes.

Sorry, no, still not a reason, they can live with it, I've seen less gate request each day, why give up? I'd help trade gates if people wanted. I'm slowly moving to a terminal city sytem. with 4 hubs in the US most cities can easily support a 5 gate terminal with little cost overrun, and in the process the 3 to 4 I was leasing.

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
yeah, and look at asia...

Boy

Boy

• 53 posts
I must agree that the virtual skies right now are pretty uncrowded. I cant say i really agree with a reset at this point in the game.

Guest_Frommy_*

Guest_Frommy_*
  • Guests
For what is this useless reset?

I wont spend that much time again to start up my airline without cheating and a fixed version.

Right now the game became interesting by owning some planes and fighting on routes.

This reset makes no sense! Bye!

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
I've been waiting for a reset of some sorts to come by, so I can jump back into the game again. Now, I know what happened last reset, and I still don't agree with it, but Igot over it, I just hope everyone else has too..

I'll see whether there's a different way, one that would not get fingers pointing to me, to make my airline big again.

Anyway, see you around in the 'new' version.

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
Well, I hope this reset goes ahead, otherwise I have a rubbish hub, 73 used beeches and 2 J-31s :P

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
Yeouch...

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by FlyNCL
Well, I hope this reset goes ahead, otherwise I have a rubbish hub, 73 used beeches and 2 J-31s :P

Can one ask the Mood issue? whats the THA stand for?

Overjoyed THA is leaving

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
Well... Time to post my thoughts... We needed a reset, or else we wouldn't be able to expand and/or get too big. I am not complaining about not finding enough routes, and I was ranked 125, which is not bad. But, while you say most routes have 0-1 competitors, this is true. However, these are mostly Long-Hauls i presume, and when you have a 346 on it and so does you competitor, who really wants to jump on that route? I've tested out routes such as YYZ-HND, against 1-2 competitors, and the highest profits I could get were in the 50k range. I believe the reset was nessecary, but some hypocrites who don't trust their management skills enough are bitching about the reset, because they are afraid they won't get to the top 10 again. And about Asia, with airports spaced so far apart, the routes do have few competitors, but they aren't as profitable as US and Europe routes, and profitable Long-Hauls are full from Asia, for the most part. Therefore, we needed the reset. Good luck to all in the new round :P

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      

Originally posted by WSHNationals
but some hypocrites who don't trust their management skills enough are bitching about the reset, because they are afraid they won't get to the top 10 again.

If I was a top10 airline (which I have been), I wouldn't be happy because all that time and dedication to make it a "top 10 airline" would have gone bust all because of lesser mortals who lacked the ability to play this game.

Sounds harsh but the losers of this reset are the top 10 and the winners are the less able players who whine non-stop about crowded skies.

[Edited on 1/7/2006 by Pacific]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by Pacific

Originally posted by WSHNationals
but some hypocrites who don't trust their management skills enough are bitching about the reset, because they are afraid they won't get to the top 10 again.

If I was a top10 airline (which I have been), I wouldn't be happy because all that time and dedication to make it a "top 10 airline" would have gone bust all because of lesser mortals who lacked the ability to play this game.

Well said.

You know there is an old saying (Tall trees makes the Hot Wind Blow harder) Life is a Bit.....when your up the front.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by LeipeLimbo
AH sweet .. I'm in from the beginning this time .. :P not starting at Frankfurt dominated by Travelhouse at 44% :mad:
ah that's the risk for jumping in late i guess. :P

Ok, you say (Skool - I say School) like you see 44% when it is 54% but you will have Bluewings next round and that will be like 64% best of luck but your (Skool) needs to improve your maths:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users