• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager
Due to saturation of the game market, we're going to reset the game on Sunday, January 8th. The game will be paused until Monday, January 9th when we will start the next game from scratch. All usernames, airlines, and logos will remain, but everyone will start at square one.

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
Oooh, time to experiement :P, I agree that it probably is needed.

BTW miller about that U2U, please contact me or Tump and tell us your views.

Thanks

Chris

clegallez

clegallez

• 131 posts
  • WLM ID:christian_legallez@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:be Egypt's numb
woohooo now the real thing! :P

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by miller22
Due to saturation of the game market, we're going to reset the game on Sunday, January 8th. The game will be paused until Monday, January 9th when we will start the next game from scratch. All usernames, airlines, and logos will remain, but everyone will start at square one.

Courtney, Many thanks for the advance warning, just a question on this reset thats due on Sunday.

Will it be just a reset, or will it be a new game with BUGS fixed like this important LF one?

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
setting all fares to $1 saturating all routes!

highspeed

highspeed

• 346 posts
Can you give an expected time (preferably UTC) when this is going to happen?

CondorFlight

CondorFlight

• 86 posts

Originally posted by travelhouse
Courtney, Many thanks for the advance warning, just a question on this reset thats due on Sunday.

Will it be just a reset, or will it be a new game with BUGS fixed like this important LF one?

Yes, thanks very much Miller. Travelhouse asked the $20,000 question. If you can let us know the status of the LF bug it would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts
As partly asked above: will this be a reset of the same game or a reset with an upgrade of airports, aircraft and bugs?

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
YESSSSSS!~!~!~!

Willip

Willip

• 198 posts
should be fun starting from sratch, will make things a bit more interesting!

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
NICE!

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
Right now its just a reset. Most of the bugs won't require a reset, and we'll be fixing them as they're submitted to the tracking software.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
any chance credit will be reactivated?

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by miller22
Right now its just a reset. Most of the bugs won't require a reset, and we'll be fixing them as they're submitted to the tracking software.

Courtney:

It is a shame that the one biggest BUG (LF) is and has not been addressed at all in AE, as many top former players have left AE all because of this.

Most of the Office players I know have left, and I will not be returning to AE to play till this Time Consuming Load Factor BUG is fixed or addressed.

In the future pay as you go version, I hope you do act to make it work - Thanks for what you have done to date and may AE improve, I will be checking in now and again to see if things improve. Bye.

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
AH sweet .. I'm in from the beginning this time .. :P not starting at Frankfurt dominated by Travelhouse at 44% :mad:
ah that's the risk for jumping in late i guess. :P

flyguy

flyguy

• 94 posts
Courtney,
Can we get an estimated time on when the l/f bug is fixed?

Thanks,

matt

JDubman

JDubman

• 51 posts
This is my statement.

This reset is because of the maket OVER saturation. This means we will see resets everytime the markets get over-saturated, which is what i dont want, because then i'll have to start from scratch and play a boring game with two beech planes. So ya, i agree that the LF bug needs to be fixed

Achillesair

Achillesair

• 28 posts

Originally posted by JDubman
This is my statement.

This reset is because of the maket OVER saturation. This means we will see resets everytime the markets get over-saturated, which is what i dont want, because then i'll have to start from scratch and play a boring game with two beech planes. So ya, i agree that the LF bug needs to be fixed

Yes, agree to that.
It doesn't make any sense to me to reset the game, when such an important fix isn't done.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
The lf bug is being addressed, and is currently running on a parallel running of the game for testing. There are some major issues with it, and we're working them out before we include it in the game.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by JDubman
This is my statement.

sad thing is you cannot be more wrong. THe markets are so far from saturated its funny. All you kids think normal is when you can easily pull a 40% margin. Funny as most airlines loose money and at most a margin of 15%. The reason we have issues is the no bankrupcy rule. We have too many $1 dumpers.

I will continue to play, but I wish not to reset for after 2 days all those charming "Your cheating" treads will start because the incompetent players will again prove their immaturity in this game. All I hope for is for once a non-eventful start.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users