Switching to a newer airport

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
As the title says but if you want me to, I'll clarify. A lot of people like to make historically realistic airlines, no? That means some like to use older airports for their game. But once time comes for them to switch, it's a fairly hard affair. And I propose this. A 'convert airport' option, to enable one to switch their operations to another airport withing the city limits, or within the neighbouring city limits if close enough. For example, a guy creates and airline based in Subang Airport and with a route to Schönefeld Airport and Nanyuan Airport. Some time passes, around the time when the two airports grow obsolete and newer airports sprout, the user may want to switch all of their operations to the newer airports. It takes a long time to manually switch so it is easier that way. The user chooses KLIA as an obvious choice. Then, they realise Capital Airport is too expensive so they pick the economically feasible Tianjin Airport. Then, for Berlin, they choose Tegel although Brandenburg is already out. These examples are really small-scaled but it's pretty much the same frutrations, especially for those whacko's who do 1000++ routes from one airport. What do y'all think?

CrusadingNinja

CrusadingNinja

AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

I like this idea, as long as I don't have to manually move hundreds of my routes to another airport, I'm fine with this.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

While hard to implement I like this, moving from Templehof to Tegel, Chopin to Modlin, Sheffield City to Doncaster Sheffield, or even just Luton to Stansted...you see the pattern and I like it.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts

While hard to implement I like this, moving from Templehof to Tegel, Chopin to Modlin, Sheffield City to Doncaster Sheffield, or even just Luton to Stansted...you see the pattern and I like it.

Yay! Kai-senpai finally noticed me!

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

iSupport this.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

This is planned for AE4. Do some searching before you suggest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users