Photo

If you could bring back any aircraft manufacture back into the commercial aircraft busies which would it be and why?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

CrusadingNinja

CrusadingNinja

AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

The title says it all.

For me it would probably be Lockheed (obvious reasons, technologically advanced aircraft for their times, simply the best) but since I feel a lot of people would pick that, I'm going to go ahead and pick Saab, because they made wonderfully efficient turboprops that I believe that could've competed with ATRs and Bombardier Dash-8s. Their turboprops were relatively long range (1,300-1,500 miles) unlike the earlier ATRs and Dash-7s and early Dash-8s, which had about half the range of the Saabs with very similar fuel consumption. Also I cannot emphasize how nice the Saabs looked. They were (in my opinion) very smooth and sleek aside from the ugly undercarriages that this and the ATRs have. But never mind that they still look very nice. Those are my reasons for wanting to bringing back Saab. Which manufacture would you like to bring back? Let me know below.

.85514d1374672809-saab2000.jpg

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      
McDonnel Douglas = Just because I loved the DC7,DC8 and MD11 and thought is was an awesome aircraft and it had to little of a life. They seemed like the only true competitor to Boeing. of course we all know what happened in the end.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

TheFlyingPhoto

TheFlyingPhoto

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

I would have to join the Saab wagon as well. They're a fanastic aircraft and always will be! They also had a pretty good safety record!

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

Lockheed. They need to get their asses back into the commercial game, because Holy god the L-1011 was fantastic.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Junkers. Imagine if they lived until today!

junkers-ju-52-transport.jpg

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

TheAceOffRoad

TheAceOffRoad

AE Player

• 34 posts

BAE RJ's are nice

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
...Martin, I guess?

Air Flanco

Air Flanco

• 1 posts

McDonnell Douglas. The md-11 is fantastic. KLM_McDonnell_Douglas_MD-11_PH-KCK_Ingri

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

x

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

4WD

4WD

LCC Airways

• 11 posts

Concorde

Even tho it didn't last that long and the plagues of problems associated with it, it revolutionized the way in which we travelled, and I even managed to travel on it 3 times and I have never forgotten the thrill of being able to travel between LHR-JFK in less than half the time of a 747 or whatever it was :)

Concorde was made by a kind of former division of Airbus.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Saab is great. I love their plane. They would probably enter the A320's market if they are around these days.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Saab is a good one, Also Lockheed. Convair had some kickass turboprops. Id would of like to see what was next .

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I've always wonder if McDonnell Douglas is still around. Would they go through with the Twin-engines DC-10 project. 

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

McD-D. The Super 80 was a great a/c.

-------Andy-J

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards