Boeing 707 OR DC-8 *IN AE*

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

CrusadingNinja

CrusadingNinja

AE Addict

• 37 posts

User's Awards

Greetings AE community! I'm not really sure which of the early jet aircraft to order, the Boeing 707 or the DC-8. When I look at their raw stats in game, they are almost the same. Is there anything that I'm missing? Which do you prefer and why? Anything would be helpful for this AE beginner noob. Thanks!

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Buy both

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

PEPPY SHITHEAD

• 136 posts
  • Skype Name:ABSOLUTE TRASH

User's Awards

They're both fine choices, whatever floats your boat.

hMY9hX9.png                                                    

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

707 gets built for more in game years, so choose the 707

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I think it comes down to personal preference, like the 737 and A320 etc..

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

DC-8 has GENERALLY better fuel flow per seat, and a generally "nicer" aircraft to look at.

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

Fact:  the 707 is objectively better looking than the DC-8

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Fact:  the 707 is objectively better looking than the DC-8

Later DC-8 are 8 abreast, which is an objectively nicer cabin layout with fewer middle seats and better aisle access.

xarxa

xarxa

prop enthusiast

• 40 posts

Oh, I was mere referring to the external appearance of each craft.  

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

I would say DC-8, same as what Jeremy said, better to look at, inside and out.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I think that you should screw the 707/DC-8 and buy props until real aircraft come out. WAYYYY to much fuel on both. If you have a large airline and don't mind less profit, go ahead, I don't care. I have always used props over jets until around the 80s. Unless, of course, you are talking about a regional choice, where I find the Caravelles to be quite useful.

wgOP4y0.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I think that you should screw the 707/DC-8 and buy props until real aircraft come out. WAYYYY to much fuel on both. If you have a large airline and don't mind less profit, go ahead, I don't care. I have always used props over jets until around the 80s. Unless, of course, you are talking about a regional choice, where I find the Caravelles to be quite useful.

props are for boats

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

props are for boats

Props are for people who are not imperialist (like me and every person I know) , Jets are for people who are imperialist. Airlines are not funded by governments in this game, so jets are even further out of the window. From the 707 and DC-8 however, I'd take the DC-8. 

jdub

jdub

Half way here

• 13 posts

User's Awards

The 707's have more seats, and the DC-8 has more range. I make slightly more with 707's than DC-8's, so I buy them first and only use them both on long haul routes. The good ones to buy are the 707-320b or c and the DC-8-50, the others are not good aircraft to operate economically, and have less range.

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I usually just get both the 707 and DC-8 to open up my options for routes and hubs more and the fact that they are almost identical performance wise.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

Airplane09

Airplane09

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

In reality, the 707 is faster, and has more range. I don't know if the game uses the real stats of the aircraft, but anyway go for the 707! Why? It's BOEING!

Trolley_Trev

Trolley_Trev

AE Addict To-Be

• 12 posts

I have been faced with this decision in the last irl day or so. I chose the DC-8-40. Why? It was the best compromise of capacity, fuel efficiency, range and most importantly (because of my HQ in OOL) runway length!

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

I have been faced with this decision in the last irl day or so. I chose the DC-8-40. Why? It was the best compromise of capacity, fuel efficiency, range and most importantly (because of my HQ in OOL) runway length!

The only thing wrong with the DC-8-40 is its horrid fuel flow.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

jdub

jdub

Half way here

• 13 posts

User's Awards

The only DC-8 worth buying is the D-8-50, the rest are worthless. And the DC-8-50 is only good for long range, the 707 is better in most aspects, except its max range is 5400, vs. 6100 for the DC-8-50.

If it's not a DC-8-50, do not buy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users