The Importance of IFS and IFE

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Declan D

Declan D

AE Addict

• 8 posts

Hi,

I'm a n00b and have been having great fun with AE since I started. I'm on the sandbox currently and have amassed a small fortune already. yay. The majority of my airplanes have already been outfitted with F/C/Y Seating Arrangements and I understand that concept, but I am having some difficulty with the concept of IFS and IFE. How greatly does it affect the price/profit of your flights by adding those? Or does it just add appeal and reputation? I attempted to make an IFS and IFE Configuration on a different world and ended up at a very small profit for my flight in the end. Can someone elaborate on the importance of this so that I can understand and perhaps incorporate it into my sandbox company?

Many thanks in advance,

D

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

IFS and IFE affect profit and reputation depending on how they're configured. Serving meals rated 1/5 at the highest possible prices will earn high profits but low reputation; conversely, 5/5 meals served free will garner high reputation, but at a price. IFS will affect where the passengers go when it comes to competition.

IFE does the same thing, and the same rules apply.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Declan D

Declan D

AE Addict

• 8 posts

Hi and thanks for replying,

So if there's a flight where the competition uses IFS, they will prefer that flight to mine? And so is it common for their to be a loss rather than profit when configuring them? What would be a good example of a profitable IFS?

Didn't mean to turn this into twenty questions, but I just want to be able to understand it better before I attempt to implement it.

Thanks

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

The best IFS is the profit-making 3 star IFS. Passengers will prefer a 3 star IFS with free snacks over one with paid meals and paid snacks.

Declan D

Declan D

AE Addict

• 8 posts

Yes, I can see how that would be more attractive to passengers. Now, what about the different classes; would it really be necessary to create completely separate (but still profitable) IFS/IFE for EACH class of passenger or just one for the lot? I suppose that would be how they would differentiate each other. Am I correct?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

It's not important unless you use Scam IFE/IFS.

Declan D

Declan D

AE Addict

• 8 posts

I see. Well thus far I have managed fairly well without using an IFS/IFE system (approx 15m DOP at present), but of course right now I'm only using the sandbox world and not using one of the more challenging worlds. I don't think it's too complicated to use one (an IFS), but I'm just not convinced it's essential in the grand scheme of things right now. Maybe that's just the opinion of a n00b... 

Thanks to everyone who posted comments and opinions; I've enjoyed this site immensely so far and can't wait til one of the "No Political Restriction" worlds gets reset. :D See you in the skies!

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

I'm just not convinced it's essential in the grand scheme of things right now. Maybe that's just the opinion of a n00b...

Once you get into one of the regular worlds, trust me, you'll be setting IFS on every single route.

can't wait til one of the "No Political Restriction" worlds gets reset.

Los Angeles to Pyongyang FTW

cretsiah

cretsiah

• 4 posts

Also a Noob.

Havent worked out or seen the benefits to the IFE system it always kills my profits unless i use specific aircraft on specific routes, this could be due to never being able to get the newer fancier aircraft with al the cool modern extras like wifi and mobile access.

IFS on the other hand done right can help stem losses on competitive routes at least for awhile.

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

Scam IFS = $$$

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Declan D

Declan D

AE Addict

• 8 posts

Forgive my n00b-ness, but just so I can avoid it (lol), what exactly is Scam IFS?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

IFS where you actually earned tons of money from charging a very expensive Buy-On-Board products. It actually make up around 15% of my monthly profit.

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

Forgive my n00b-ness, but just so I can avoid it (lol), what exactly is Scam IFS?

Straight answer: IFS where you serve the worst-rated food at the highest possible price. Extras like newspaper and pillows and such aren't usually counted but they can generate some money as well if included.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

Scam IFS can increase your profits by 50%. 

nWcLJH0.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Scam IFS can increase your profits by 50%. 

Even if it does, it is one thing that every alliance will immediately hate, and that includes Skyroutes and Jetstream. SCAM IFS in an airline is pretty much automatic rejection. However, the mark-ups in scam IFS are the very mark-ups charged by airlines like Easyjet or Ryanair. The quality isn't good either. Basically, IRL LOW-COST carriers are using Scam IFS. 

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Even if it does, it is one thing that every alliance will immediately hate, and that includes Skyroutes and Jetstream. SCAM IFS in an airline is pretty much automatic rejection. However, the mark-ups in scam IFS are the very mark-ups charged by airlines like Easyjet or Ryanair. The quality isn't good either. Basically, IRL LOW-COST carriers are using Scam IFS.

Actually you'd be surprised how some decent alliances accept scam IFS... I'm looking at most of you... And Ryanair are more decent than that.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Actually you'd be surprised how some decent alliances accept scam IFS... I'm looking at most of you... And Ryanair are more decent than that.

Their mark-ups on most things are somewhere around the 790% mark. For hot drinks, it is even higher. Scam IFS operates in the 900% region. And it is not like the meals are very good either, these are all the similarities. I'd fly BA over Ryanair every day of the week if I could afford it, but also understand that money is a huge commoditie.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Their mark-ups on most things are somewhere around the 790% mark. For hot drinks, it is even higher. Scam IFS operates in the 900% region. And it is not like the meals are very good either, these are all the similarities. I'd fly BA over Ryanair every day of the week if I could afford it, but also understand that money is a huge commoditie.

Mark up is not that high for meals, though. As a serial Ryanair flyer, I've never bought anything on one of their flights. The reason for this is because if someone charges €60 for a meal (AE talk), pax avoid it instead of forkong forking out, which is why Scam IFS will collapse in AE4.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Read this.

http://www.travelsup...atering-prices/

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Read this.

http://www.travelsup...atering-prices/

It doesn't mention anything about the $75 meals I mentioned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users