Adjustable Turnaround Times?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

In real life, Easyjet and Ryanair operate turnaround times of 7 and 25 minutes respectively, whereas in AE, users of those aircraft are restricted to 60-70 minute turnarounds. Hence why I suggest adjustable turnarounds with various different knock-on effects depending on how long your turnaround is.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I fully support this. I mean, who the hell waste 60-70 minutes for turnaround?

Dev

Dev

AE's Indian

• 202 posts

yeah, 

seriously it take just 10 min for turnaround at small airports to0 (Gaya Airport)

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

This would be awesome to have.

inb4 "wait for AE4"

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
Yeah. Hunnu takes only ten minutes to turn around in Ulaanbaatar alone. In the smaller airports... Whoo....

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This would be awesome to have.

inb4 "wait for AE4"

Nope, this would be available in AE8.2

ZA TP Fan

ZA TP Fan

AE Player

• 60 posts

User's Awards

Agreed, would be a good feature.

FNsig.png

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

I agree here too. I mean longer wait is less passengers and less money.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I agree here too. I mean longer wait is less passengers and less money.

And less realistic, especially for low-cost carriers.

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

In real life, Easyjet and Ryanair operate turnaround times of 7 and 25 minutes respectively

I can't find any evidence EasyJet turns an airplane in 7 minutes. As far as I can tell they operate with 25 minute usual turn times just like Ryanair does. Also, 25 minutes for Ryanair is only at secondary airports; at larger airports they apparently plan for 35 minutes.

whereas in AE, users of those aircraft are restricted to 60-70 minute turnarounds.

Err, no they aren't. The A320 and 737-800, which U2 and FR respectively operate, have 35 minute turn times in game – the same as Ryanair's turn time at larger airports – and the smaller 737s and A32xs have 30 minute turn times. Even the 737-900ER only has a 40 minute turn time. The A321 is also 35 minutes. In fact as far as I can tell the only narrow body jets that even have turn times greater than 45 minutes are the VC-10s, DC-8s except the -10 and -20 models, and the 757-300.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I also think route would be adjusted. If I fly from IAD to EWR, the turn time shouldn't be longer than the flight, right? Even if congested, I'd expect my crews to service pretty quickly.

wgOP4y0.jpg

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Since AE doesn't have a schedule, the actual turn time matters a lot less than how many flights you are doing in a day. in AE you can already do WAY more flights a day than even the tightest scheduled airlines are doing in real life, so I would say if anything turn times should be increased.

In AE you can utilize planes up to 20 hours a day, in real life Southwest Airlines, who made the "10 minute turn" a thing, only utilizes their planes 11 hours a day on average, which is the highest in the US. Most carriers are scheduling less than 10 hours a day block time, so you can do more than twice as many flights per aircraft per day in AE than the average real airline.

UbxSbIt.png

TheFlyingPhoto

TheFlyingPhoto

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

Allegiant Air does 40 minute turns on the MD-80 family, that's accurate to the current AE

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

That gets billed twice over on our flights atm, so for big 737-800, you do a total of 60-70 mins turnaround, because your take 35 minutes turnaround, and the flight before takes 35 minutes also. This is a severe inaccuracy. No low-cost airline has 70 minute turnaround. The MD-80 in AE takes 80 minutes to turnaround, landing and takeoff flight included. This is a severe inaccuracy as well. 4 hours for A380, wrong as well. Basically, all the turnarounds are twice as long as they should be.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

That gets billed twice over on our flights atm, so for big 737-800, you do a total of 60-70 mins turnaround, because your take 35 minutes turnaround, and the flight before takes 35 minutes also. This is a severe inaccuracy. No low-cost airline has 70 minute turnaround. The MD-80 in AE takes 80 minutes to turnaround, landing and takeoff flight included. This is a severe inaccuracy as well. 4 hours for A380, wrong as well. Basically, all the turnarounds are twice as long as they should be.

:facepalm: After each flight there is a turn around. One cannot load up cargo and passengers for a London - Amsterdam flight at 9, land at 10, take off at at 10:30, land in London at 11:30 and at 11:30 take off for Lagos without a clean up or indeed fuel or un/loading passengers. Now do you get it?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

:facepalm: After each flight there is a turn around. One cannot load up cargo and passengers for a London - Amsterdam flight at 9, land at 10, take off at at 10:30, land in London at 11:30 and at 11:30 take off for Lagos without a clean up or indeed fuel or un/loading passengers. Now do you get it?

If ryanair could do it for 25 minutes each, we could do it as well. We need to be realistic here.

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

If ryanair could do it for 25 minutes each, we could do it as well. We need to be realistic here.

Block time in AE includes the round trip flight time, turn time at the destination, AND turn time at the origin point after the return flight but before any other flights scheduled. For example, an exactly two hour block time for an Airbus A320 between New York LaGuardia and Washington National consists of 25 minutes of flight time LGA–DCA, a 35 minute turn time, 25 minutes of flight time DCA–LGA, and a 35 minute turn time BEFORE it departs for another flight. You can't have a zero minute turnaround.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Block time in AE includes the round trip flight time, turn time at the destination, AND turn time at the origin point after the return flight but before any other flights scheduled. For example, an exactly two hour block time for an Airbus A320 between New York LaGuardia and Washington National consists of 25 minutes of flight time LGA–DCA, a 35 minute turn time, 25 minutes of flight time DCA–LGA, and a 35 minute turn time BEFORE it departs for another flight. You can't have a zero minute turnaround.

We're talking about O/W Turn Time kiddo. Ryanair able to do 25 minutes per One way. READ it more carefully next time.

Esir

Esir

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Err, the post you were quoting was explaining why the turnaround time "counts twice". I'm not sure why you were quoting it if you were commenting solely on one-way turn times.

Regardless, given the game gives wide leeway on how heavily an aircraft is utilized (and as mentioned before, you have the option to utilize them VERY heavily), an adjustable turn time wouldn't really be useful for anything. The turn time given for each aircraft is more of a hard minimum, and an airline with lower daily utilization presumably has longer "real" turn times.

On that note, a ten minute discrepancy between the in-game turn time for a 737-800 and minimum real world turn times, while it could be looked at (not sure what the sources are for the present aircraft turn time figures), isn't a huge deal unless you're running a pure spam line, given you can utilize an aircraft for up to 20 hours per day.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Err, the post you were quoting was explaining why the turnaround time "counts twice". I'm not sure why you were quoting it if you were commenting solely on one-way turn times.

Regardless, given the game gives wide leeway on how heavily an aircraft is utilized (and as mentioned before, you have the option to utilize them VERY heavily), an adjustable turn time wouldn't really be useful for anything. The turn time given for each aircraft is more of a hard minimum, and an airline with lower daily utilization presumably has longer "real" turn times.

On that note, a ten minute discrepancy between the in-game turn time for a 737-800 and minimum real world turn times, while it could be looked at (not sure what the sources are for the present aircraft turn time figures), isn't a huge deal unless you're running a pure spam line, given you can utilize an aircraft for up to 20 hours per day.

D'oh! Spamlines for days. Why would any player who run realistic airlines care much about it? Also, 10 minutes difference each turn time would benefits to at least 1 hour of free time for short flight. Which mean more money everyday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users