Photo

Which airports do you want to get rid of or rebuild/renovate?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TheAceOffRoad

TheAceOffRoad

AE Player

• 34 posts
Lax- needs a overhaul of the road system in the area.
San Diego- just more airport(ie longer runway, more gates, maybe another runway.) because it's the second busiest single runway in the world and one of the hardest/most uncomfortable to fly into.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Dunkirk needs something more. It has $1.0 Million and they're renovating the ramp, but the FBO could use a little update and the VOR could be used a bit better. The runway isn't bad, but the real thing is that the runways need some better lighting.

wgOP4y0.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Paro in Bhutan need some fabulous renovation. It need longer runway to carry A380.

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

MCI...horriblely outdated design. Needs a better design

FCO..forced buses from a US checkin building to some faraway terminal was kinda inconvienent...not to mention the military with the unneccesary assault rifles.

aanndd of course...LGA...cuz everything (even though the US's terminal C looks quite nice now...)

-------Andy-J

ZA TP Fan

ZA TP Fan

AE Player

• 60 posts

User's Awards

I would have said that Auckland International needed a renovation and expansion badly but after I flew into the airport about a month ago, My wish came true, construction everywhere and major areas blocked off. Was a real mess to transit through. Next on my list would be Johannesburg O.R Tambo. They seem to be doing some renovations there but not nearly enough, it is one of the worst if not the worst airport I have ever used in my life. I don't really have a hate against a certain airport that I want it gone, just upgraded.

Chubby Bear, they have done so much renovations to this airport for the 2010 world cup, it's un-real, and nearly bankrupted Airports Company of South Africa. Sure, it's not as great as Durbs, King Sharka - but let me tell you as a pilot, it's a world class airport , probably the best in Africa

FNsig.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Chubby Bear, they have done so much renovations to this airport for the 2010 world cup, it's un-real, and nearly bankrupted Airports Company of South Africa. Sure, it's not as great as Durbs, King Sharka - but let me tell you as a pilot, it's a world class airport , probably the best in Africa

Meh

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      
You know, its only an opinion. My opinion. I have also been through JNB numerous times but for me personally compared to CPT or DUR it sure does lack. yes it does have great facilities but the signage and arrangement/layout of the terminals is confusing at best. I will give it to ACSA they have tried. But its going to take a lot more. Especially transferring from International to Domestic and vice versa at JNB is truly a nightmare for me. Given all of that I will say that they have made great progress but compared to other airports of the same passenger capacity worldwide.JNB only nearly makes it.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

ZA TP Fan

ZA TP Fan

AE Player

• 60 posts

User's Awards

You know, its only an opinion. My opinion. I have also been through JNB numerous times but for me personally compared to CPT or DUR it sure does lack. yes it does have great facilities but the signage and arrangement/layout of the terminals is confusing at best. I will give it to ACSA they have tried. But its going to take a lot more. Especially transferring from International to Domestic and vice versa at JNB is truly a nightmare for me. Given all of that I will say that they have made great progress but compared to other airports of the same passenger capacity worldwide.JNB only nearly makes it.

I guess for first time travelers, maybe. For us, and when one of my sons traveled alone it's pretty easy. Nice Customs (a little harder with the whole child immigration stuff), just collect bags and use the walking elevators to Domestic Check In. OK, you do have a few hawkers asking to push your trolley, but not much worse than that.  It's spacious though, very open and certainly not as busy (in terms of crowds) as some airports, such as OSL, the staff are very helpful, plus there is a great assortment of very reasonably priced Cafe's on Level Two and the GauTrain Connection is pretty good. Also, the Viewing Deck is amazing, just could do with some benches or seats. Plus, you never (yet) get bused anywhere, and nearly always get a Jetway on any Jet flight, even the LCCs you seem to like. Then only time I've had to not use a Jetway would be on a Airlink Flight. Whereas, in JED or even AUH, you can add 30-45 minutes for connecting buses.

I would say that, it's better than LHR, certainly JED, and I'll let you know about AKL when we go there soon (we're looking forward to trying out the AirNZ 787 SkyCouch product). Just my 2c though :P

FNsig.png

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

AKL is a bit worse for wear at the moment due to renovations. Other than that is good. I actually want to try that skycoach myself. lol time for a holiday to Los Angeles onboard Air NZ. On a more serious note. I guess each person experiences each airport differently. Not dissing JNB though. AKL is the same sometimes. I haven't flown out of AKL for quite some time now. I just fly out of Wellington these days since I live here. Then again if I thought JNB transition was bad then AKL is sometimes worse. You either have to walk to the international terminal (like a 20min walk) or take the shuttle. Its a tragically chaotic scene, especially when the weather is crap ;). I actually like flying LCC unless I fly business. At least most of them are  better than Ryanair + they sometimes offer unforgettable experiences(like customer service) which can be frustrating at the time but laughable when you think back on it.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users