Photo

Which airports do you want to get rid of or rebuild/renovate?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

Sort of like what airlines do you want to get rid of, which airport do you want to say bye bye to?

I want to say newark to start with.   I know I might get a lot of critisism from this bt I went their recently and I was disappointed at the super dull interior.  I hate dull interiors.  I want bright, welcoming interiors and facilities, but to me, newark was the opposite.

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

Leeds-Bradford could do with some renovation, it is very old fashioned and boring inside.

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

I would have said that Auckland International needed a renovation and expansion badly but after I flew into the airport about a month ago, My wish came true, construction everywhere and major areas blocked off. Was a real mess to transit through. Next on my list would be Johannesburg O.R Tambo. They seem to be doing some renovations there but not nearly enough, it is one of the worst if not the worst airport I have ever used in my life. I don't really have a hate against a certain airport that I want it gone, just upgraded.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

Here's one airport I totally hate: Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila). I want it completely gone!

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

KLM Caravelle

KLM Caravelle

C'était une fois.

• 112 posts

User's Awards

La Guardia International Airport (LGA) in New York is an airport that deserves to be almost completely rebuilt. Most of the terminals are small, cramped and dilapidated, the logistics if departing through it are awful and the whole thing looks like a hold out from 1973.

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

Well I think all of these need renovations (some of them are thankfully getting it)

Heathrow (T3) - Outdated, ugly and a rabbit warren of bleak corridors.

Hong Kong - Honestly I don't know why people like this airport it's a pain to transit through and large amounts of walking to get anywhere if you're not fortunate enough to have a gate at the right end of the pier.

Dubai Concourses B&C - They're outdated and dirty as anything.

LAX - Do I even need to say?

Sydney

Perth

Auckland

Jo'berg

Harare

a0149d3efa.jpg

gertjatsa

gertjatsa

Enthusiast

• 61 posts

User's Awards

Osaka Kansai. No where to eat/shop/relax-

kyurem800

kyurem800

AE Player

• 55 posts

User's Awards

4    4   

Here's one airport I totally hate: Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Manila). I want it completely gone!

Actually its being renovated right now

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
Avalon. 'Nuff said.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Salgado Filho airport in Porto Alegre. It is a small airport with a short runway; Terminal 1 is good, but Terminal 2 is very old. They are making a new terminal, but as it is in Brazil, do not know if it will be finished

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

Houston Hobby should be burned to the ground... IAH is King.

Also, I like using LaGuardia, but I feel it should be updated majorly.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

1. LaGuardia is nice to use for connections, going to NYC, etc., but the terminals could use some excessive renovation. 

2. Minor one I remember flying at was Rochester (ROC). Pretty dated iirc 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

LHR, FRA, CDG, AMS, FCO. Pretty obvious why.

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

I thought of one more that needs a little more thought into connections: DFW.

I had an about 40 min connection from International to Domestic.  Only 4 customs lanes w/ well over 150 people waiting.  That literally took up at leats 40 mins in line.  not to mention the line bolocked nearly every baggage claim.  There weren`t even official lane until the very end so there was one very long winding lane. 

Well here`s the part where it could be better.  We were told that our gate got switched from the C terminal to the D terminal.  But to get to the train is another long set of stairs.  Maybe they could put an escalator or elevator rather than us lug carry-ons up the stairs while running, then back down after we get off the train.  Surely there`s a better solution.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

Boston Logan currently has to have international arrivals wait for 30+ minutes on the tarmac on arrival because we do not have enough customs and immigration capacity to handle the european arrival rush. Definitely we need a new international terminal to handle the new routes we've been getting.

UbxSbIt.png

P_E_Ts

P_E_Ts

AE Player

• 33 posts
How has nobody said Berlin Tegel yet? After you get through security there aren't any bathrooms in the waiting area for your plane so if you need to go you have to leave and do security all over again or hold it. Also the waiting areas are tiny.

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

Probably why they`re building a new airport for Berlin...

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Probably why they`re building a new airport for Berlin...

You mean, the s***ty airport that have tons of problems and delayed few years after it's opening?

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

I`m talking about Berlin Brandenberg airport... if that`s what you`re talking about.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

No, I'm talking about Tempelhof Airport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users