Payware GA Aircraft

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

Hello all,

I'm an FSX user, and recently I've been looking for a good payware GA or light transport aircraft. Right now, I'm more interested in twins than single engine aircraft because they're usually faster, can fly farther, are better at instrument flight, and are generally more complex aircraft, but I'm open to both. Are there any particular aircraft you would recommend? I've looked through the Carenado site already, but there are simply too many aircraft for me to decide definitively on one, so input (positive or negative) on a particular Carenado product would be extra helpful. Thank you all in advance.

Oh - my computer also has 8 GB of ram and a processor speed of 2.4 GHz.

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

Not Carenado

Carendao is pure ,pure eyecandy. You should look at the A2A products (especially the c182). Way more realistic and functioning then the carenado aircraft.

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

Not Carenado

Carendao is pure ,pure eyecandy. You should look at the A2A products (especially the c182). Way more realistic and functioning then the carenado aircraft.

Thank you!

Is the c182 superior to their c172?

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

Thank you!

Is the c182 superior to their c172?

Never tried the c172. all i know is that the 182 is great, i have it. it has  a full maitenence thing in it and also when you crash the prop stops realisticallty

TheFlyingPhoto

TheFlyingPhoto

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

For the twin engine market, I would have to say the Alabeo Cessna 404 is my top choice. The 404 is a larger version of the 402. Featuring different engines, and a little different design. But it's a classic airplane that was used for private, air taxi, air cargo, and airline operations. Alabeo did a great job modeling it, and they also just released a new service pack for it. It has very few minor issues. I have about 20 hours flying the Alabeo 404. The Aersoft Twin Otter is another great add-on! It flies well, it's slower than I thought it would be for having two PT6s. But it's held at Aerosoft's quality, it has fanastic modeling and some cool features aswell! Carenado also has a wonderful Beechcraft King Air 90, and 200. The 200 is my personal favorite, I just love the 200. It is very well modeled and is easy on frames. MilViz is coming out with a King Air 350i featuring a glass cockpit and all the bells and whistles. It's still in Beta, but from my knowledge you can purchase it know, and recieve updates as it is fixed. Then Flight1 has a King Air 200 that features a glass cockpit, but I know nothing about it. Also, have heard and seen good reviews on about the RealAir Beechraft Duke, however, I've never owned or flown it.

For single engine, their are plenty of wonderful aircraft! A2A with Accusim is a wonderful add-on. Like LockheedTristar said the maintenance thing is great! It's also very well modeled. Carenado and Alabeo also feature a great line-up, I love my Carenado 206, you can upgrade it to glass. But for single engines I would recommend A2A if they have made it.

What I always do when looking into an add-on, is I look on youtube and find any kind of review of the aircraft. That way I know how it is hurting frames, or what common issues are there, things like that!

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

For the twin engine market, I would have to say the Alabeo Cessna 404 is my top choice. The 404 is a larger version of the 402. Featuring different engines, and a little different design. But it's a classic airplane that was used for private, air taxi, air cargo, and airline operations. Alabeo did a great job modeling it, and they also just released a new service pack for it. It has very few minor issues. I have about 20 hours flying the Alabeo 404. The Aersoft Twin Otter is another great add-on! It flies well, it's slower than I thought it would be for having two PT6s. But it's held at Aerosoft's quality, it has fanastic modeling and some cool features aswell! Carenado also has a wonderful Beechcraft King Air 90, and 200. The 200 is my personal favorite, I just love the 200. It is very well modeled and is easy on frames. MilViz is coming out with a King Air 350i featuring a glass cockpit and all the bells and whistles. It's still in Beta, but from my knowledge you can purchase it know, and recieve updates as it is fixed. Then Flight1 has a King Air 200 that features a glass cockpit, but I know nothing about it. Also, have heard and seen good reviews on about the RealAir Beechraft Duke, however, I've never owned or flown it.

For single engine, their are plenty of wonderful aircraft! A2A with Accusim is a wonderful add-on. Like LockheedTristar said the maintenance thing is great! It's also very well modeled. Carenado and Alabeo also feature a great line-up, I love my Carenado 206, you can upgrade it to glass. But for single engines I would recommend A2A if they have made it.

What I always do when looking into an add-on, is I look on youtube and find any kind of review of the aircraft. That way I know how it is hurting frames, or what common issues are there, things like that!

Awesome - thank you!

I was looking at Carenado's C404 because it's such a cool airplane. Aerosoft's Twin Otter is definitely a good aircraft as well, but I think it's a little too large for my criteria presently. I hope I can get it in the future, though. I personally was wondering which of Carenado's king airs was better, so you helped clear up a lot. I haven't heard of the MilViz and Flight1 planes, but I'm sure they're excellent as well. I've also heard a lot of good stuff about the RealAir Duke - is there anyone reading this thread who owns it and could spare a word or two about?

As for single engines, I'm looking only at A2A's planes (c172, c182, and cherokee) for now, since they seem to be widely regarded as the best.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,363 posts

I really like the A2A C172. It simulates every step of preflight inspections and can catch you by surprise if you fail to do a thorough inspection (occasional water in the fuel, control failures, ...). It also simulates regular (and irregular) maintenance like oil and filter changes, engine compression tests, etc. Other realism things include spark plugs getting fouled if you fail to lean during taxi (make sure you check your magnetos during the runup!), draining the battery after cranking the engine too much (either no fuel or flooded), etc. Oh and the audio is amazing - the switches, fuel boost pump, and engine noises sound exactly like the real thing.

As LockheedTristar mentioned, prop strikes are simulated as well :whistling:

c172-120.png

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

I really like the A2A C172. It simulates every step of preflight inspections and can catch you by surprise if you fail to do a thorough inspection (occasional water in the fuel, control failures, ...). It also simulates regular (and irregular) maintenance like oil and filter changes, engine compression tests, etc. Other realism things include spark plugs getting fouled if you fail to lean during taxi (make sure you check your magnetos during the runup!), draining the battery after cranking the engine too much (either no fuel or flooded), etc. Oh and the audio is amazing - the switches, fuel boost pump, and engine noises sound exactly like the real thing.

As LockheedTristar mentioned, prop strikes are simulated as well :whistling:

c172-120.png

Awesome! Thanks, Yuxi. It seems like all of A2A's aircraft are really amazing. From my research, it sounds like the 172 or Cherokee might be better starter aircraft since the 182 is a little more complex (constant speed propeller, cowl flaps, etc). Does anyone know anything about A2A's Cherokee?

Blillpers

Blillpers

• 4 posts

It is very realistic, I fly almost the same plane in real life and it feels just the same. A very nice aircraft indeed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users