50 replies to this topic

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

What in the hell is the world coming to

Some people choose to realistic airlines and others choose spamlines. Regardless, I have run a few successful spamlines when I was new on AE, and these are great tips if you choose to run one  :)

QITdCef.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Some people choose to realistic airlines and others choose spamlines. Regardless, I have run a few successful spamlines when I was new on AE, and these are great tips if you choose to run one  :)

+1

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

This is a good spamline guide.

This is actually a pretty good guide for anyone who wants to win/operate a spamline.

This isn't the first time someone coming up with a misleading guide. If the OP ever finish #1 in O2, it's just that his hasn't met a real competitor like most in O1 had.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

What's a spamline.  Somebody who snorted spam up their nose....

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Uh! That was not called for? It's an airline that exploits every bug in AE.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

It's for smart people only.

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

Uh! That was not called for? It's an airline that exploits every bug in AE.

*sarcasm*

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

DUMBΛSSΛΞRO

PEPPY SHITHEAD

• 136 posts
  • Skype Name:ABSOLUTE TRASH

User's Awards

Oh my! I have to say it's always funny to see posts like this, someone thinking that mastered the game and then come with these guides, nothing much than stating the obvious. Don't forget about the catfights that develops after, to make things even funnier :P. Even so, good job champ!!! :thumbup:

hMY9hX9.png                                                    

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

So its agreed that smart people run spamlines.  While snorting spamlines.  And that's how you get to number1. 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

So its agreed that smart people run spamlines.  While snorting spamlines.  And that's how you get to number1. 

You just solved the biggest mystery in human history. Congratulations. Here, have this mysterious cookies.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I still beg the question, if AE has no other defined objective (with "winning" being defined as accomplishing a task that a game sets you out to do) than not failing, then isn't everybody who doesn't fail a winner? But since not going bankrupt is contingent on continuing to play the game, this leaves AE as one of two things: A sandbox game, or a simulation (which isn't a game). Neither of these options, by design, have objectives for players to accomplish. So I ask again, is it possible to "win" a sandbox game or a simulation?

By design, no. Players can set their own objectives to accomplish. I for one set out to make the game as hard for me as possible for challenge by following realistic routings and protocol. But in the broad sense, this can't really be defined as "winning", only success (defining success is a completely different discussion).

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

jdub

jdub

Half way here

• 13 posts

User's Awards

THANK YOU, man, this is AWESOME

Thanks Lockheedtarstart,

First off, any one who likes L10-11's is starting off right with me, Aso, glad you liked the post.

jdub

jdub

Half way here

• 13 posts

User's Awards

Is it possible to win a game which has no defined objective?

No it is not possible to win a game without a clear objective. Luckly this game has two very defined objectives. The only way to get a "trophy" in Airline-Empires is by valuatition, which is impressive, and by reputation, which is not as impressive.

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

No it is not possible to win a game without a clear objective. Luckly this game has two very defined objectives. The only way to get a "trophy" in Airline-Empires is by valuatition, which is impressive, and by reputation, which is not as impressive.

Quantity before quality? Nah, dont think so.

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

jdub

jdub

Half way here

• 13 posts

User's Awards

What is exactly "spamline"? Please define. Any successful airline with over 500 planes? 

I had smaller "realistic" airlines as well, not that I didn't enjoy that, but now I'm going for high valuation along with a few other goals that I set for the company, and valuation is going up because I can (not a lot of competition) and I didn't even plan it, I started 5 years into the game, and my airline is sure less "spamming" by any definition then the above guys' recommendation to create only ultra-scam-IFS and reduce all workers' pay to $7 (which I think even doesn't work well AFAIK).

Talking about "realism" with my airline, my workers are well payed all with happy faces and dancing :P  and at 0.0-0.44 attrition rate, my long-range IFS is not making money,, and my planes' hours are almost never at the max, I like keeping it well under 15 h when I'm not in a mood to compete, but even when I want high profit, full usage for me is not practical in a few ways and I leave remaining hours, and yes, I actually and absolutely care about "realism" of not sending remaining hours on wide-bodies EVER on regional routes and rather buy "unnecessary" turboprops, it's simple and practical, but only big planes and max usage is what really serious spamming-strategists here propagate all the time and say that sending a 747 on short routes is just great to get the daily usage to 20 h, which is ridiculous to me.

In all of my posts on the forum I've agreed that in the future very big airlines should be an exception and AE should be more realistic... At the moment it is not and I don't know who can exactly set limits between competition and spamming. Don't hate the playa etc.

When I played "realistic" then I had no problem with those who played for high valuation because my goals were different, so I don't know why would anyone feel bad about all that. 

Checked it out and you are correct on wages, after 2-4 years you should bump it back up.

chuckmorris

chuckmorris

AE Player

• 91 posts

I still beg the question, if AE has no other defined objective (with "winning" being defined as accomplishing a task that a game sets you out to do) than not failing, then isn't everybody who doesn't fail a winner? But since not going bankrupt is contingent on continuing to play the game, this leaves AE as one of two things: A sandbox game, or a simulation (which isn't a game). Neither of these options, by design, have objectives for players to accomplish. So I ask again, is it possible to "win" a sandbox game or a simulation?

By design, no. Players can set their own objectives to accomplish. I for one set out to make the game as hard for me as possible for challenge by following realistic routings and protocol. But in the broad sense, this can't really be defined as "winning", only success (defining success is a completely different discussion).

While it might be true you can win in other ways, the OP did say that this was a guide on how to get the highest valuation. They do give you a trophy for it. 

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Quantity before Quality is decided by those in charge. Not just in this game. But the world in general.   Quantity gets you profit.    Quality gets you closed.  Mostly due to inflation and devaluing of the currency.

anshabhi

anshabhi

AE Addict To-Be

• 14 posts

does this still works?

wally2305

wally2305

• 3 posts

Thanks,this is useful.But this seems like a cheat guide

iquit

iquit

AE Luver