27 replies to this topic

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

Get FSX Steam Edition and get freeware. No point spending £60 on a game that costs £25.

100% Disagree. If you want a realistic flight simulator, £60 is the least of your worries. Think I've spent up to £1200 on FSX if I count my PC with that. And I know others here have spent more!

banner_signature_northern.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I'm running FSX on an i3. It's lovely with a few add ons: QW757 etc

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

100% Disagree. If you want a realistic flight simulator, £60 is the least of your worries. Think I've spent up to £1200 on FSX if I count my PC with that. And I know others here have spent more!

I don't have ultra-deep pockets. Most people can barely afford enough food for themselves, let alone spend £1200 on a game that will make "almost" no difference to their lives.

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

I don't have ultra-deep pockets. Most people can barely afford enough food for themselves, let alone spend £1200 on a game that will make "almost" no difference to their lives.

I beg to differ. Most people can afford to feed themselves, although luxuries are a different question.

banner_signature_northern.png

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

FS9 runs beautifully with 29GB of add ons on my 4GB RAM laptop.

Asus fabulousness.

FSX, however, you need a decent machine to deal with it, mine had awful frame rates.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

You'ved talked a lot of rubbish. But I think this is the most ridiculous thing I ahve heard in my life.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

You'ved talked a lot of rubbish. But I think this is the most ridiculous thing I ahve heard in my life.

"really!" It's true though. Besides, I believe X-Plane is better and more realistic but FSX steam is probably your best bet if you want a good sim with the reputation of Microsoft FSX.

NWAviator

NWAviator

AE Player

• 33 posts

1, I would definitely recommend FSX over FS9. However, you should consider getting either Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d (which is essentially FSX with better graphics and bug fixes), FSX: Steam Edition (which is a bug-fixed version of boxed FSX) or X-Plane 10 (which I'd recommend least out of all of them if you're going for a truly immersive, in depth experience).

2, 4GB of ram would definitely be enough to run any sim on fairly low settings.

3, The base product is fairly realistic; if you're willing to spend some money to get a good payware addon (A2A and PMDG produce AMAZING products) it can be unbelievably realistic. 

4, For me, at least, it's very fun.

5, In FSX you can get a large number of freeware and payware planes.

6, No idea.

7, No idea.

8, Boxed FSX no longer has multiplayer, but FSX: Steam Edition has multiplayer.

9, I think there are around 25 or 30 thousand. I might be totally wrong though.

10, The more addons you get, the more indepth it can be. For example, it can take weeks or even months to master flying a PMDG aircraft based on your previous level of knowledge.

11, That's your choice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users