Photo

High frequency for small airports

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

anonymous

anonymous

• 6 posts

I don't understand why some airlines can have high frequency for small airports, which has very small amount of passengers, but they do not suffer.

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

What do ya mean? Thinking of something but don't know if it's what you're talking about. 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I don't understand why some airlines can have high frequency for small airports, which has very small amount of passengers, but they do not suffer.

You are talking of people like me who basically run Ryanair business models. Small planes(with the exception of Ryanair), high frequencies, small airports. it's basically a regional shuttle. I once operated 70 times a week between London Luton and Southampton, using the smallest viable aircraft, the Cessna F406.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

You are talking of people like me who basically run Ryanair business models. Small planes(with the exception of Ryanair), high frequencies, small airports. it's basically a regional shuttle. I once operated 70 times a week between London Luton and Southampton, using the smallest viable aircraft, the Cessna F406.

Even Ryanair's daily utlisation wavers between 11 and 14 hours...It's physically impossible to run an airline like you do with 19 hour utilisations. 

QITdCef.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Even Ryanair's daily utlisation wavers between 11 and 14 hours...It's physically impossible to run an airline like you do with 19 hour utilisations. 

That's flying time, NOT time including turn time which is what is measured on AE. Our proper utils are pretty low (around 14-15 for me, and 8 for a carrier in Golden)

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

That's flying time, NOT time including turn time which is what is measured on AE. Our proper utils are pretty low (around 14-15 for me, and 8 for a carrier in Golden)

15 isn't exactly low, and that was Ryanair's TOTAL utlisation. 

QITdCef.png

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

TheGreatOP

• 193 posts
  • Skype Name:TheGreatOP

15 isn't exactly low, and that was Ryanair's TOTAL utlisation. 

Yep. 12 is around the maximum for a full-service carrier, and 14 is high (usually reserved for cargo planes and LCCs). 15-16 is already in extreme LCC or ULCC territory, and 19 is actually technically physically impossible.

Face it - you run spamlines. There's nothing wrong with that except for denying it.

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

Looks like I'm running three spamlines, then.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users