Photo

A380-800 11-abreast Options and Capacity.

* * * * * 1 votes AE 3.1

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

You realise airlines don't just jam more seats in because "they're not known for providing comfort." Whilst i'm unfamiliar with LH, I highly doubt QF would reconfigure their A380s. Their longhaul fleet has very little slack in it at the moment and it would be very hard to schedule in a month long rejig of the whales. Secondly, QF probably can't even sell that many seats. Yes CASM, will go even further down, but the demand simply isn't there, certainly not today. In January 2015, one of the busiest months for QF, its flights to the UK had 96.7% seat utilisation on inbound flights to Australia and 77.8% on outbound flights to the UK (pax lost due to transfers at DXB.) Similarly to the USA, inbound was 90.2% whereas outbound was 74.8%. Increasing the seat count doesn't really do many favours for QF considering it doesn't even completely sell out these flights. There's also the need for additional crew due to the increased seating capacity and QF isn't exactly renowned for having cheap labour. 

Hmm, you might be right, It's seems like Qantas need smaller plane, not bigger capacity. Although they could try to reduce their ticket prices to attract more customers maybe? I mean, the reasons why less people fly Qantas might be in the price tag.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users