Photo

A380-800 11-abreast Options and Capacity.

* * * * * 1 votes AE 3.1

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

As we know, recently Airbus have been bombarded Us with the news about A380's improvements. One of them is the NEO project and the other is "Flexible Interior". There are been talk about 11-abreast seat on the main deck of A380-800 and a possibility of 9-abreast seating on upper deck. With Emirates interested in the project and Airbus starting to offer it in 2016-2017, could we see this implemented in the game? just like A320-200 modified capacity.

With this particular configuration, we could see increased capacity for A380-800.

Source: http://www.runwaygir...1-abreast-a380/

http://www.usatoday....a380s/25867611/

I'll let the picture talk    ༼ つ◕_◕ ༽つ━☆゚. * ・ 。゚

bPnFdLK.jpg

q4j6m5J.jpg

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

With Emirates interested in the project and Airbus starting to offer it in 2016-2017, could we see this implemented in the game? just like A320-200 modified capacity.

Have they changed their tune then? Last time Airbus pitched this Emirates said no..... that said I'm sure some airlines (*cough* Chinese ones *cough*), will do it so can't see why not

a0149d3efa.jpg

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

Emirates was on board with this but changed their mind due to the middle seats being an unattractive option for economy flyers apparently. Something like "it would damage our reputation as a premium economy service carrier" I could remember a statement along those lines not to long ago though. When did they change their mind to accommodate the 11 abreast seating into their remaining 50 A380s due to receive Rolls Royce engines coming over the next 3-4 years?

Looks just to cramped to be honest, would most likely not be any worse than flying economy on their 77W but still it looks horrid.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Have they changed their tune then? Last time Airbus pitched this Emirates said no..... that said I'm sure some airlines (*cough* Chinese ones *cough*), will do it so can't see why not

So if no airlines use this config, could we still have 11 abreast options since Airbus offering it in the public? Btw I would see China Southern, lufthansa or Qantas be the first one to fitted their A380 with these config.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

While it may not look (or feel) particularly attractive for customers, Airbus has clearly stated that seats will remain "at least" 18 inches wide, despite the increase in seats due to clever playing about with the interior, without need for expensive modifications.

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

While it may not look (or feel) particularly attractive for customers, Airbus has clearly stated that seats will remain "at least" 18 inches wide, despite the increase in seats due to clever playing about with the interior, without need for expensive modifications.

Yeah, Zodiac and Geven already make the mock up without the floor raising modifications. 

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

So if no airlines use this config, could we still have 11 abreast options since Airbus offering it in the public? Btw I would see China Southern, lufthansa or Qantas be the first one to fitted their A380 with these config.

As far as I know if the A380 gets certified to have this new config/maximum number of seats it'd be updated in AE. CZ I can easily see doing this yes, LH and QF I'm not sure about (as Chubby Bear mentioned, it's a reputation thought of thing)

a0149d3efa.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

The reasons why I think Qantas or LH would used this config is because they're known for not providing much comfort for economy class passengers. Qantas fitted their A380 with 17.5" seat width while lufthansa use 17" seat for their A380 in 10 abreast configuration. By this standard, they wouldn't have much problems transitioning to 11 abreast. I know the aisle is bigger since they have smaller seat but it's seat to seat comparison. And seat in other lufthansa or Qantas aircraft never been on the bigger side anyways.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,364 posts

With this particular configuration, we could see increased capacity for A380-800.

Can you point us to a source saying that the maximum certified seating capacity has been increased? I'm under the impression that it has not...

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Can you point us to a source saying that the maximum certified seating capacity has been increased? I'm under the impression that it has not...

They haven't pointed out that one yet. Although I would argue that this would be follow up by saying that it would be increased in near future, especially since they have to do 90 seconds test for emergency. The number of doors in the main deck would be the same while the seat count would increased by couple dozens. By this logic, we should see an increased in certified seating capacity. There would be less than 500 seats allowed in the main deck.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Seat width would be just under 17 inches. I suppose you could increase pitch and reduce width. The evil carriers will go with both (Easyjet Ryanair and Spirit alert)

11 abreast 33 inches pitch would get same capacity as 10 abreast 30 inches. What is more important to you.

Max Devo

Max Devo

Extra spicy memes

• 363 posts

And in other news, Ryanair has shown new-found interest in the A380...

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

Dinner

Dinner

AEs out-of-date cold breakfast

• 66 posts

Seat width would be just under 17 inches. I suppose you could increase pitch and reduce width. The evil carriers will go with both (Easyjet Ryanair and Spirit alert)

11 abreast 33 inches pitch would get same capacity as 10 abreast 30 inches. What is more important to you.

XD XD XD XD 

Oh boy, you have much to learn. No way would LCC's go with A380's or 747's etc. They might go with 787's, 777's, A350's perhaps and the like. The A380, I can imagine, wouldn't really fit in airports like Kaunas or Modlin or the such anyway... The LCC's go with reliable money-makers, such as 777s, A330s, 787s, A350s etc. Not a 800+ seater plane XD

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

EK will , not those carriers. stop spewing crap bcrap

forget the multi-account.

XD XD XD XD

Oh boy, you have much to learn. No way would LCC's go with A380's or 747's etc. They might go with 787's, 777's, A350's perhaps and the like. The A380, I can imagine, wouldn't really fit in airports like Kaunas or Modlin or the such anyway... The LCC's go with reliable money-makers, such as 777s, A330s, 787s, A350s etc. Not a 800+ seater plane XD

Those were rather ill-fitted examples.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

EK will , not those carriers. stop spewing crap bcrap

Now now Ross. Turn off the Bitch mode in this forum.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Now now Ross. Turn off the Bitch mode in this forum.

Thank you for sticking for me TNT. 

Anyway, supposedly Airbus will not raise the floor of the A380 to accomodate 18 inch 11 abreast. The result, a seat of 16.8 inches width. Grossly uncomfortable though the Jetstream 41 seats are narrower.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Thank you for sticking for me TNT. 

Anyway, supposedly Airbus will not raise the floor of the A380 to accomodate 18 inch 11 abreast. The result, a seat of 16.8 inches width. Grossly uncomfortable though the Jetstream 41 seats are narrower.

I doubt that would happen though, the picture you saw in this thread are the example of 18" seat provided by Zodiac and Geven. Those picture proved how they could fitted A380 with 18" seat with smaller aisle and no modifications to the floor. The modifications to the floor would actually make the cabin roomier.

Dinner

Dinner

AEs out-of-date cold breakfast

• 66 posts

Those were rather ill-fitted examples.

No they weren't. They were realistic examples. A380's don't really fit in with the LCC ideals. A LCC aiming to go longhaul and in need of suitable aircraft would go with the A330/A350/777/767/787 platforms, and maybe might buy up some old 757's if they are operating out of suitable bases (Example: A LCC can comfortably run a full-load 757 from DUB to certain cities across the Atlantic, such as JFK, EWR, BOS and, IIRC, YYZ and Montreal, cannot remember it's IATA code)

So don't expect to see a Ryanair A380 taxiing at Stansted, Luton, Kerry or Kaunas anytime soon...

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

No they weren't. They were realistic examples. A380's don't really fit in with the LCC ideals. A LCC aiming to go longhaul and in need of suitable aircraft would go with the A330/A350/777/767/787 platforms, and maybe might buy up some old 757's if they are operating out of suitable bases (Example: A LCC can comfortably run a full-load 757 from DUB to certain cities across the Atlantic, such as JFK, EWR, BOS and, IIRC, YYZ and Montreal, cannot remember it's IATA code)

So don't expect to see a Ryanair A380 taxiing at Stansted, Luton, Kerry or Kaunas anytime soon...

Easyjet might get the a380 if they start long-haul services, though i doubt they will even try. They may take the a350 though. Plus, I was referring to my examples, not the EK one. Apologies for the confusion.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

The reasons why I think Qantas or LH would used this config is because they're known for not providing much comfort for economy class passengers. 

You realise airlines don't just jam more seats in because "they're not known for providing comfort." Whilst i'm unfamiliar with LH, I highly doubt QF would reconfigure their A380s. Their longhaul fleet has very little slack in it at the moment and it would be very hard to schedule in a month long rejig of the whales. Secondly, QF probably can't even sell that many seats. Yes CASM, will go even further down, but the demand simply isn't there, certainly not today. In January 2015, one of the busiest months for QF, its flights to the UK had 96.7% seat utilisation on inbound flights to Australia and 77.8% on outbound flights to the UK (pax lost due to transfers at DXB.) Similarly to the USA, inbound was 90.2% whereas outbound was 74.8%. Increasing the seat count doesn't really do many favours for QF considering it doesn't even completely sell out these flights. There's also the need for additional crew due to the increased seating capacity and QF isn't exactly renowned for having cheap labour. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users