Photo

If you could take charge of your country's flag carrier...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

Singapore Airlines

I would basically do nothing because the airline is already doing very well.

Just replace the older 777-200/ER to newer ones or the A330-330

Mr PAG 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

British Airways 

Tell the f***ing staff if they want to get a raise do their job and stop waisting passengers time by going on strike

+1 shoutout to Lufthansa as well.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

British Airways:

Increase seat-pitch to 32 inches on all mainline aircraft (ie. no mods to E190s) and slightly increase fares with it. Introduce a budget fare that does not include meals, but is priced around the same region as an Easyjet flight (maybe?).

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

British Airways:

Increase seat-pitch to 32 inches on all mainline aircraft (ie. no mods to E190s) and slightly increase fares with it. Introduce a budget fare that does not include meals, but is priced around the same region as an Easyjet flight (maybe?).

Uhhh, increasing prices for BA? even with the current prices, it's already ****ing high. The only good thing that would come up with that is your LCC ideas.

Ongots Khaan

Ongots Khaan

The current khan of AE

• 411 posts
MIAT-
Buy a ton of B737-700s and B787-8s and start flights to the US, add more flights to Europe, possibly to Moscow, add much more flights all around China and Asia.

MAS-
Sell a B777 bound for NRT to North Korea and act like it was hijacked.

Air China-
Make the disgrace of an airline defunct and sell everything to glorious China Eastern and Southern.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Uhhh, increasing prices for BA? even with the current prices, it's already ****ing high. The only good thing that would come up with that is your LCC ideas.

BA are cheaper than Easyjet when you don't book very far in advance. I once found £188 ONE WAY London-Naples the night prior to the flight. BA would've been cheaper. But I found this!

https://www.britisha...source=continue

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

BA are cheaper than Easyjet when you don't book very far in advance. I once found £188 ONE WAY London-Naples the night prior to the flight. BA would've been cheaper. But I found this!

https://www.britisha...source=continue

That's called special fare. Are every ticket prices both for short-haul and long-haul always that cheap? I doubt it. Remembering BA competing with ME3 to Asian routes or the US3 in the America. I doubt increasing ticket prices is the answers. If you actually do some research about their prices for major routes like LHR to JFK, PEK, NRT, SYD, LAX, CDG, FCO, DXB, SIN, BKK, MIA, you would actually found other options that are way cheaper than BA. It's not just about 1 routes, It's about every single routes they operate on. Every airlines have those trick with sudden appearance of cheap ticket.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Aer Lingus?
Re nationalise it and operate routes centres around other factors than corporate pockets. Of course my views are out of sync with EU directives, but in an ideal world that's what I'd do.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Aer Lingus?
Re nationalise it and operate routes centres around other factors than corporate pockets. Of course my views are out of sync with EU directives, but in an ideal world that's what I'd do.

Do you think Aer Lingus could do the same trick Emirates do for hubing system at Dublin Airport?

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Do you think Aer Lingus could do the same trick Emirates do for hubing system at Dublin Airport?

No, not really. AF KL BA have that sewn up for hubs, although from what I'm aware 40 - 50% of TATL pax on Aer Lingus do connect. DUB is now the 6th biggest hub in Europe, but just remember KLM have more 747s than Aer Lingus have systemwide for TATL. Their A350 orders are quite a bit down the line and they won't be finding many desirable Trent engined A330s between now and then. Yes, Dublin can become a decent hub but it can't hit much higher without a second runway and significant terminal extension.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

No, not really. AF KL BA have that sewn up for hubs, although from what I'm aware 40 - 50% of TATL pax on Aer Lingus do connect. DUB is now the 6th biggest hub in Europe, but just remember KLM have more 747s than Aer Lingus have systemwide for TATL. Their A350 orders are quite a bit down the line and they won't be finding many desirable Trent engined A330s between now and then. Yes, Dublin can become a decent hub but it can't hit much higher without a second runway and significant terminal extension.

Could it still be happening if the Government forcing to demand? You know, by decreasing prices and opted for more quantity?

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

That's called special fare. Are every ticket prices both for short-haul and long-haul always that cheap? I doubt it. Remembering BA competing with ME3 to Asian routes or the US3 in the America. I doubt increasing ticket prices is the answers. If you actually do some research about their prices for major routes like LHR to JFK, PEK, NRT, SYD, LAX, CDG, FCO, DXB, SIN, BKK, MIA, you would actually found other options that are way cheaper than BA. It's not just about 1 routes, It's about every single routes they operate on. Every airlines have those trick with sudden appearance of cheap ticket.

This is a flexible ticket for 2 people on a flight to Barcelona from London!!! £1125! Not cheap.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Could it still be happening if the Government forcing to demand? You know, by decreasing prices and opted for more quantity?

Not without investment, and the EU block government investment in airlines. Can't see the hub growing an awful lot.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This is a flexible ticket for 2 people on a flight to Barcelona from London!!! £1125! Not cheap.

Uhmmm what?

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Uhmmm what?

That is exactly what it was.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

That is exactly what it was.

I don't get what you're trying to say.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I don't get what you're trying to say.

That was a £560 round-trip per person, for a flight from London to Barcelona. Granted, it was a flexible ticket, but that is still too much.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

That was a £560 round-trip per person, for a flight from London to Barcelona. Granted, it was a flexible ticket, but that is still too much.

for British Airways?

markantony9692

markantony9692

AE Player

• 78 posts

Shut Conviasa down... or at least sell the multiple aircraft (733, 747-400 (for a 40 pax per flight load factor), 732, E190) and keep the 190's.

Iones

Iones

Ricky Fort's Soldier

• 43 posts

For Aerolineas Argentinas/Austral (And all of the subsidiary companies like "Optar S.A.", "Aerohandling S.A.", etc.):

Do a complete staff "revision of contracts" (Thanks to our last "CEO" and our ex-president!) (Everyone, from the ground personal to the ones related to management of the company). Make an inventory of the company. Check all contracts made by our ex-"CEO" (To find something strange on them). Make a inform of the status of the company (Specially the financial side) and the Argentinian market (Passengers and Cargo) (And our neighbor countries) (That will be the guide of what to do in the future). Unify the entire fleet (Or Boeing or Airbus, not both of them), and f*cking buy (Or lease) some REAL cargo planes, putting an end of the use of free space on a B737 as a cargo section.

I think that the first three points were already made by the new management of the company (Plus the financial status of the company).

seleccion_argentina_costado.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users