• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

AJ787-9

AJ787-9

Friendly Aviation Capitalist

• 80 posts

User's Awards

2    5    2   

I had a look around to see if anyone mentioned it, couldn't find an earlier post.

In reality, flights to and from DCA are restricted to cities up to 1,250 miles/2010 km away. However, there are exemptions given to airlines to allow them to operate (a limited number of) routes beyond that limit.

I'm wondering whether there has been any discussion about introducing this feature in future updates. It would be great to go DCA-LAX or -SJU or even -LHR.

CVQgY9y.jpg

UJ3urKq.jpg

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

The system can't implement beyond perimeter exemptions because we don't have a board to pick and choose who gets them. Same reason why China-Taiwan flights don't work since we can't specify which airlines gets to fly which route pairs... Only option is to either leave the statusquo or let the exemptions be free for all.

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

You can play in an open world.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I would argue for free for all, but a code that limits you to 2x daily on each route.

Yeah. But that would result in heavy overpricing due to the immense underserving of demand. It's still better than nothing though.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I say leave it be the way it is.  Its one of my top 5 airports to play the game with. 

AJ787-9

AJ787-9

Friendly Aviation Capitalist

• 80 posts

User's Awards

2    5    2   

You can play in an open world.

I meant in a Realistic World.

I would argue for free for all, but a code that limits you to 2x daily on each route.

Not exactly, I was thinking slot exemptions per Airline, not per Route. A maximum of x10 daily flights (or the equivalent of) per Airline.

I was going to say x20, but it seemed a tad too much.

CVQgY9y.jpg

UJ3urKq.jpg

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

I meant in a Realistic World.

What's the point if you just want to circumvent the political restrictions?

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

In real life its by daily departure... so 2-3x daily. However routes like DEN should be totally open. they were granfathered

2-3x daily is a tad low for certain routes. I've seen Easyjets website show up to 6 different options!

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

I had a look around to see if anyone mentioned it, couldn't find an earlier post.

In reality, flights to and from DCA are restricted to cities up to 1,250 miles/2010 km away. However, there are exemptions given to airlines to allow them to operate (a limited number of) routes beyond that limit.

I'm wondering whether there has been any discussion about introducing this feature in future updates. It would be great to go DCA-LAX or -SJU or even -LHR.

LHR..? Yeahno

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

I'm sorry but this is how it is in real life. wanna dispute it? go talk to the DOT.

...or...play in an Open world...as previously suggested...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users