Photo

American Airlines vs Delta Air Lines vs Jetblue vs Southwest Airline vs United Airlines

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

Poll: Airline fan war (56 member(s) have cast votes)

American Airlines vs Delta Air Lines vs Southwest Airline vs United Airlines

1. American Airlines (AA) (10 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

2. Voted Delta Air Line (DL) (20 votes [35.71%])

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

3. Jetblue (B6) (14 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. Southwest Airlines (WN) (10 votes [17.86%])

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

5. United Airlines (UA) (2 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

Witch one of the 'big five' you think is better in the poll and comment.

Call me a Delta fanboy, but Delta is way better then American Airlines and United Airlines. Also American and United don't fly to Atlanta. Not sure about Southwest since I never flew on Southwest.

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

JetBlue beats everything.

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

JetBlue beats everything.

I have added Jetblue ;)

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I'd vote jetBlue, except they fly to nowhere, so Southwest it is. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

eastwind

eastwind

AE Addict

• 858 posts

Delta because they have 2 MD90s a day at BUF :awesome: 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Delta because they have 2 MD90s a day at BUF :awesome:

The plane does not matter!

39 inches of seat pitch does.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

If we're including secondary airlines, I object to the omission of VX, HA, and AS.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

If we're including secondary airlines, I object to the omission of VX, HA, and AS.

JetBlue is not a secondary carrier. Nor is Spirit or Frontier. The only secondary carrier is Copa, which flies from Panama.

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

None have any positive or negative characteristics that make them stand out.  Whatever is cheapest, that's what I will book.  Airlines long ago lost their brand appeal where you might actually pick United over a LCC and ignore ticket price.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

None have any positive or negative characteristics that make them stand out.  Whatever is cheapest, that's what I will book.  Airlines long ago lost their brand appeal where you might actually pick United over a LCC and ignore ticket price.

Whatever is the cheapest you'll book will get you no where in the United States. JetBlue isn't that expensive, and you won't get your knees crushed unless you are abnormally tall (6 ft 5-6 plus)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

JetBlue is not a secondary carrier. Nor is Spirit or Frontier. The only secondary carrier is Copa, which flies from Panama.

The heck are you talking about? COPA is not even a US based airline.

The most influential airlines in the US are the legacy carriers (Delta, United, American/US). Then you have your secondary/regional/low cost carriers (Southwest, Virgin America, JetBlue, Alaska, Hawaiian). Finally, you have the ultra low cost carriers (Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant).

If the poll is asking for opinions on which airlines are better, and mixing the legacy carriers with the secondary carriers, I believe the omission of VX (the most direct competitor to B6), AS and HA (both of which are mighty in their own spheres of influence) does not allow for proper comparison between the aformentioned carriers.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

The heck are you talking about? COPA is not even a US based airline.

The most influential airlines in the US are the legacy carriers (Delta, United, American/US). Then you have your secondary/regional/low cost carriers (Southwest, Virgin America, JetBlue, Alaska, Hawaiian). Finally, you have the ultra low cost carriers (Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant).

If the poll is asking for opinions on which airlines are better, and mixing the legacy carriers with the secondary carriers, I believe the omission of VX (the most direct competitor to B6), AS and HA (both of which are mighty in their own spheres of influence) does not allow for proper comparison between the aformentioned carriers.

You've summed up how flawed and stupid this thread is.

But I find Southwest to be in the tier between Legacy and Secondary. If we give the 3 categories each a number... SWA is a 1.5. It's not full Tier 1, but is much more than Tier 2. Their lack of hyper regional pushes them from being Legacy... but they're not nearly as niche as the others.

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Whatever is the cheapest you'll book will get you no where in the United States. JetBlue isn't that expensive, and you won't get your knees crushed unless you are abnormally tall (6 ft 5-6 plus)

Incorrect.  Depending on where you are, and where you want to go, one carrier can be substantially cheaper than the other.  I fly any of them indiscrimintely but not because I like one over the other, I just don't like paying $100 more for a connecting flight.

Andy-J

Andy-J

probably been on here too many years now....oh well

• 158 posts

User's Awards

You've summed up how flawed and stupid this thread is.

But I find Southwest to be in the tier between Legacy and Secondary. If we give the 3 categories each a number... SWA is a 1.5. It's not full Tier 1, but is much more than Tier 2. Their lack of hyper regional pushes them from being Legacy... but they're not nearly as niche as the others.

Basically all hes asking is which of the Big Four is your favorite....not which of all of the US carriers doesn't cheat you out the most.

-------Andy-J

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

Basically all hes asking is which of the Big Four is your favorite....not which of all of the US carriers doesn't cheat you out the most.

You're missing his point. It looks like the OP arbitrarily picked airlines and elevated them to the level of "Big Five" while ignoring their competitors which deserve to be mentioned and have a chance to be selected.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

JetBlue need to fly to International destinations. Would love to see what kind of service they would provide on medium and long-haul flights.

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

I agree,  Delta provides much better service than American or United.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

JetBlue are planning medium - long haul routes using the A321 NEO-LR from what I've heard. Wait for 2018, people. Their CEO had an interview with a newspaper, said they'd do less popular destinations (presumably to avoid competition).

http://m.independent...s-30108384.html

PatriotsBruins&RedSox

PatriotsBruins&RedSox

AE Player

• 83 posts

jetBlue by far, followed by Delta, Alaskan, Hawaiian, American, Frontier and United. 

MAL

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

jetBlue by far, followed by Delta, Alaskan, Hawaiian, American, Frontier and United. 

+1.

And Spirit way way way way way off the bottom.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users