• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I'm looking to travel back to India this summer, and the only three financially sound options are Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines, and Air India.

It's kind of like being stuck between a rock and a hard place (well, two).

QR:

Upside: Great (even if complicated) new airport, five star airline, one of the best possible airlines for that price

Downside: Their human rights record for which I boycott them

TK:

Upside: The only one I could really use for a stopover in Europe (with a bit of backtracking), and the best connection times

Downside: Not really a great airline, and IST can be a nightmare. Also, I'm not too sure about security in Turkey

AI:

Upside: Cheap, and I have a good number of miles with them, as well as great catering

Downside: It's Air India (automatic downside) and rather unreliable. Hard product isn't that good

Any suggestions/advice?

QITdCef.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

As it seems you hate Air India [for unspecified reasons] as well as Qatar [for their human rights record], yet you are still complaining about Turkish, you might as well go for the latter, as you have the least problems with it.

cUDPatH.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Turkish.

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

I'm surprised if QR are financially sound Etihad and Emirates are not.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I'm surprised if QR are financially sound Etihad and Emirates are not.

QR offers tickets about $400 USD cheaper than the latter two.

QITdCef.png

Issa

Issa

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

I have found Virgin by far the best into India.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

I have found Virgin by far the best into India.

They'll be back down to one destination (Delhi) in India by this summer, and that's the only corner of the nation I'm not travelling to.

QITdCef.png

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

As it seems you hate Air India [for unspecified reasons] as well as Qatar [for their human rights record], yet you are still complaining about Turkish, you might as well go for the latter, as you have the least problems with it.

AI have to strip aircraft for parts they can't afford, they can't afford to get aircraft fixed in other situations (VT-ANK was stranded at BHX for 20 days due to unfixed engine issues despite there being a Boeing certified 787 maintenance hangar on the other side of the airport), from what I can gather AI's general product ain't exactly great either and most of their flights end up late. 

Can't really blame him for not liking AI really.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Qatar. Though you have problems with them, picking an airline is like trying to draft an American Fantasy Football Team without a criminal record.

Qatar also has really nice planes...

wgOP4y0.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

I have been on Qatar airways to Visit the Lavishing Beaches of Goa on a holiday trip..

Trip- 5 days, 4 Nights

Goa Airport- Worst then Somalia's Airport ( If they even have one) because check-in was on the Ground Floor, Security checks on the First, Immigration again on the 2nd Floor, Duty free on the 3rd and again Boarding  on the 2nd... Thus I was climbing Steps most of the Journey.... Goa- Great Place to visit, The Beaches are simply Relaxing  and so are the Hotel's Spas..

Qatar Airways- Great Service, Hamad Airport looks like Dubai Airport in terms of Infrastructure... Great Service onboard, Priority Boarding for Me and 3 Course Menu for me as I Traveled in their Business Class....Got a chance to see the Cockpit and sit in the Jump Seat for 20 Minutes looking around all the Buttons.. crew was helpful and so was IFS and IFE...Qatar Airways is what I suggest...  

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

"Human Rights record". Yeah sure, because Qatar is too horrible compared to US or India. Just take Qatar, it's the best value you could got right now, they're known for having cheap ticket and great service. The new terminal is also great.

Turkish in-flight is better than most European airlines. Take them, but I would recommended Qatar.

Air India is hot or cold. You could get an 10 or a 2. Don't risk it.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Guess you are flying from New York. Are there not direct flights from Newark to Mumbai & Delhi.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

Guess you are flying from New York. Are there not direct flights from Newark to Mumbai & Delhi.

There are, but I avoid EWR at all costs simply because it's an awful airport and JFK's WAY closer.

QITdCef.png

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

There are, but I avoid EWR at all costs simply because it's an awful airport and JFK's WAY closer.

That looks a little like putting convenience ahead of principles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users