• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

767holic

767holic

AE Know It All

• 225 posts

User's Awards

3    4         

I ever wonder how if AE restricts some country to use some type of aircraft, just like on real world. Is it possible? Moreover maybe also can be applied some "cold war" restrictions on 1950-1991 era and some Embargo effect.

Example : Soviet union and Warsaw Pact countries(e.g Russia, Ukraine, Polish, etc) and Soviet influenced countries (China, Cuba, North Korea, Vietnam, DDR, etc) are not allowed to use Western bloc aircraft(s) or any aircraft that using Western bloc parts until end of 1980's. For China it seems that they allowed to use western aircrafts since 1970/1980's. For North Korea(and maybe Cuba) it seems that they still not allowed to use Western planes until now. US and NATO countries also not allowed to use Eastern aircrafts.

Another one, until 1980's only some Western bloc airlines are allowed to have routes to Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact cities. The same rules also applies to Eastern bloc airlines. And if i'm not wrong, airlines that allowed to enter USSR must using eastern aircraft (for example JAL ever using Tu-114 to be allowed for crossing above Russian airspace)

Thanks for your attention, please correct me if i'm wrong :)

"Managing a real world airline is not as easy as you play Airline Empires. Real world airline are more and much more complicated"

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

I agree, it would be a "realistic" feature which I have often considered myself. It is already a feature in the game that you can't fly from certain countries to other certain countries. That restriction could be extended to airlines from certain countries purchasing aircraft from other countries as well. Aeroflot never flew B707's in the 1960's, nor did United or Delta fly the Tu-114. As well as political factors, there are also "cultural" factors even among western airlines. Did you ever hear of an American-based airline flying a Bristol Britannia?

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

You have to keep in mind that in the Cold War era, some routes got frozen and the airline industry basically died down for a while. lots of men abandoned their job and join the army to go to the war. It's a much bigger thing than banning a certain type of aircraft to make it realistic.

Luft

Luft

IVIVI

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2          2   

And some things can't be completely changed...Russian aircraft are flown to the US (Interjet flies the SSJs to up north).

I think that while this feature would be realistic, it shouldn't be implemented for the simple reason that people would want a little room to work with.

QITdCef.png

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   
Nobody seems to care that a UK airline can setup a hub/terminal in Warsaw in the midst of cold war, yet aircraft restrictions keep popping up in the forum.

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

Image1.png

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users