Photo

U.S - Micronesia Openskies agreement

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we Add??? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see this in game?

1. Yes, there isnt enough passenger demand from Micronesia to support an unfair advantage by U.S carriers (Its not like there is a Micronesian based carrier?) (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. No, this provides too much for U.S carriers. (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

BernieBro

BernieBro

All opinions are my own

• 130 posts

The United States has a (complicated) Openskies agreement with the Federated States of Micronesia could we get this implemented - 

http://www.state.gov...m/fm/114357.htm

(not to mention its in a Compact of Free Association with the United States.)

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

I've suggested this here... http://www.airline-e...-us-open-skies/

Yet, it's being ignored by those who can make it happen.

BernieBro

BernieBro

All opinions are my own

• 130 posts

I've suggested this here... http://www.airline-e...-us-open-skies/

Yet, it's being ignored by those who can make it happen.

Sorry to make this issue sound like a broken record didnt know there was already an article about it.

aoumd

aoumd

AE Player

• 94 posts

User's Awards

7    3    2    2    2   

Stepping out of the virtual world and into the real world, I just got back from a trip on the "Island Hopper," United's flight from Honolulu to Guam via the Marshall Islands and Micronesia (HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM, to be exact), which serves as the main commercial air service to most of Micronesia in the real world.

Based on what I saw, in order for a Micronesian airline to truly be well-simulated in AE, the game needs more than just the open skies agreement.  AE would need a method of allowing intermediate stops on direct-but-not-nonstop flights, allowing passengers between all origins and destinations to share the flight.  For instance, there may be a half dozen passengers flying from TKK to PNI, another 20 from GUM to KWA, another 10 from TKK to HNL, etc.  In AE these cannot be represented on the same flight (the hub model relies on demand generation in a completely unrelated way).  In real life, they just get on and off the Island Hopper at intermediate stops, keeping the plane relatively full despite no one island having enough demand to fill a 737-800.

However, the Island Hopper is very unique.  99.9% of commercial flights worldwide are not like Micronesia's Island Hopper.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Stepping out of the virtual world and into the real world, I just got back from a trip on the "Island Hopper," United's flight from Honolulu to Guam via the Marshall Islands and Micronesia (HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM, to be exact), which serves as the main commercial air service to most of Micronesia in the real world.

Based on what I saw, in order for a Micronesian airline to truly be well-simulated in AE, the game needs more than just the open skies agreement.  AE would need a method of allowing intermediate stops on direct-but-not-nonstop flights, allowing passengers between all origins and destinations to share the flight.  For instance, there may be a half dozen passengers flying from TKK to PNI, another 20 from GUM to KWA, another 10 from TKK to HNL, etc.  In AE these cannot be represented on the same flight (the hub model relies on demand generation in a completely unrelated way).  In real life, they just get on and off the Island Hopper at intermediate stops, keeping the plane relatively full despite no one island having enough demand to fill a 737-800.

However, the Island Hopper is very unique.  99.9% of commercial flights worldwide are not like Micronesia's Island Hopper.

This is hard to simulate within the game... Depending on how Yuxi does the future engine for passengers, it's unlikely that a long multi-hop would be efficient...

Even then... we have to have the proper openskies to even attempt this. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users