Photo

Public Financial Statement for Leasing Rights

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts

In real life, the financial status of your competitors is usually fairly public knowledge: companies are required to release annual financial statements. Yet in AE, apart from the valuation ranking, there is very little ability to analyze such information. This is true even for airlines which engage in leasing - where, at least theoretically, the lessor takes on the risk associated with periodic payments.

Why not have a required financial disclosure for any airlines who want to lease planes. Information could include DOP, salary expense, etc. Airlines could still choose not to release the information, but would then be confined to buying aircraft only. 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
I second this. It would make the game a touch easier.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

I don't particularly see how this is helpful to competitors (you, the player). Also, the only corporations required to release financial information is publically traded airlines, otherwise the release of information is strictly voluntary. Potentially, lessors would need to analyze an airline's financial stability, but as you are not a lessor you would not be privy to the information by law.

Perhaps an option to make this information public would be nice, but requiring it by default to lease aircraft would be excessive. Leasing =/= publically traded.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

If you want to know how another airline's doing, watch their value on the ranking page. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users