User's Awards

6       3   

LBA as best international O_O how high are you right now? :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

GOunderamor12

GOunderamor12

• 1 posts

Best: Denver International Aiport it is amazing how efficient everything is and how they split the traffic ect...

Worst: Cancun International Aiport why would you let street vendors into an airport? And with like 8 gates 1 active runway for an aiport this busy ......

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

I really like it. It's small and easy to get through.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Best = ICN for efficiency and ambient. NRT for Cuisine and all the weird thing they have there.

Worst = CGK for inefficiency. DPS for their weirdness in a bad way.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

In my experience the best airports to change planes at are Singapore Changi, Amsterdam Schiphol, and Charles de Gaulle.

The worst airport to have to change planes at is unquestionably New York JFK, especially if you have to change terminals.

On the other hand, out of Terminal 4, I find JFK to be one of the best airports to be flying out of as a departure airport, and I would say that Florence airport is the worst airport overall.

UbxSbIt.png

AIRmaster8

AIRmaster8

Aviation enthusiast

• 53 posts

User's Awards

Best: HND for efficiency (or both tokyo airports) because of staff, cleanliness and efficiency.

worst:From my experience, DFW is one of the worst airports for efficiency. not that i've gone there much, but customs was horrible and they gave no attention to transit passengers.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Best: HND for efficiency (or both tokyo airports) because of staff, cleanliness and efficiency.

worst:From my experience, DFW is one of the worst airports for efficiency. not that i've gone there much, but customs was horrible and they gave no attention to transit passengers.

They also hate gays in DFW.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts

Best- Dubai International Airport

Worst- Damascus Airport 

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

DWProski

DWProski

AE's (Former) Ambassador to Bosnia

• 403 posts

Best-Heathrow

Worst-Zagreb (5€ for a juice box)

image.png

ZA TP Fan

ZA TP Fan

AE Player

• 60 posts

User's Awards

Best -    Bergen, Norway. A very pleasant environment, efficient G/H. Lovely seafood restaurant. Although you'll pay 5EUR for a juicebox, that's Norway.

Worst-   DME, Moscow   - 4 Hours in line for immigration. Crowded Terminal. Scrap Yard of planes outside. Immigration staff don't speak English or understand the word 'adopted'. That said, Vnukovo (VKO) and no more than 50km away is great. But, for environment: Jeddah (Hajj Terminal), very overcrowded. But, then again -free meals and snacks, and very helpful staffers. So, overall worst has to be DME.

FNsig.png

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

Best International: 

MVD - Montevideo Carrasco, a small (3 mil year pax) airport, but with amazing amenities, smooth and fast as light (security passport etc), lovely people as well, and enough shops to keep you busy, and a lounge to die for (for those lucky enough)

Worst:

The utmost worst airport on this planet HAS, like quite literally HAS to be FCO. There are constant power outages, and recently had fires, staff wear masks to protect themselves from fumes, and you get diddly-squat (even tho you go in the same place as them) and bags take a life to get to the conveyor, no air-con during the summer (40 deg cent easily reached), but the Italians (one myself) somehow manage to convince people to fly through FCO regardless.

Best Domestic:

Pisa. While no hhuuugee airport, it has its perks, easily enough for business and they let you check in 25/30 mins before departure (with bag under) and smooth efficient security + whatnot and you have direct flights to JFK like 4 times a wk which is rare for an airport this kinda size but is super duper convenient 

Worst Domestic:

No idea, dont usually fly domestic ;) trains in Italy are some of the best in the world, and you get to see the scenery ;)

pics of MVD for those who haven't seen it  

Attached Files

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

DeltaA350

DeltaA350

AE's Official Delta Fan/Flyer

• 282 posts

User's Awards

Best: NRT

Worst: EWR

AJ787-9

AJ787-9

Friendly Aviation Capitalist

• 80 posts

User's Awards

2    5    2   

In my experience, AMS, EWR and RAR were better, while SFO and LAX (T2) weren't.

CVQgY9y.jpg

UJ3urKq.jpg

ItsNoz

ItsNoz

King of Tripoli, in a bright pink shirt

• 12 posts

The best airport ive flown into as crew is TFS, if you came inearly enough they'd bring down the staff duty free! :D

But the worst would have to be PUY or AMS. Pula is just a long runway and then nothing else, it's nice that you always have a break down there because there is only 1 bus and 1 gate agent and AMS is just horrible. 45 minute flight there and then 30 minutes taxiing to stand.

74,999mi

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
I found Dublin has some rather nice views from the old terminal on the long pier used by FR :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Med.

Med.

Professional Lover

• 838 posts

User's Awards

I've been to several airports but here are some standouts.

Worst:

Manila, Ninoy Aquino International (MNL) - It's a s***hole for scammers. Infrastructure is poorly planned and poorly maintained. It's unfortunate this is my home airport.

Los Angeles International (LAX) - The airport is falling apart. I haven't experienced the new TBIT though.

Best:

Hong Kong, Chep Lap Kok (HKG) - It's so convenient and high tech.

iJIXDA4.png

KmaD8AM.png

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

worst- DEL
the airport sucks so bad. it smells like rotten eggs inside, there are people everywhere, and is really hot inside.

best- TPA
great views during takeoff, and i love it's rail shuttle!

jmfsam

jmfsam

to be or not to be

• 321 posts

Best International for me was either Auckland or Brisbane. Both flights ran smoothly and I could navigate easily around the airports to my connecting flights.

Worst International was definitely Rarotonga. It's small, has a lot of people all crowded in a small terminal with one A/C going on a muggy day

Best Regional was Wellington, no hassle and easy to fly back.

Worst Regional would be Christchurch, I could barely find anything, it's hard to navigate around and the baggage claim takes forever..

vZe8iFx.png

1kZZDPA.png

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
Best Intl - Leeds, Manchester, Dublin,

Worst intl - JFK!!!! arrogant rude immigration staff, plus waiting hours to get through all that crap. I will always pre clear all that in Dublin now amd arrive as a domestic passenger.

Wasnt that fussed about LHR either, suppose i don't like truely huge airports.

Best regionals - East midlands, knock Ireland west.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts

LBA is a great airport. I fly out of it multiple times a year, never any bother. (plus i live just a few miles away).

Only bad points are pick up/ drop off charges and the awful old crap jet2 continues to fly around in, although they are getting brand new 738's.

Whats not to like?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users