Photo

Earning money on turboprops?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

benboy123

benboy123

• 6 posts

Hi!

How is it possible to make profit on turboprops? I find it more economic to operate larger aircraft, also on routes with a low demand, but with less departures per week, instead of daily departures with turboprops.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Hi!

How is it possible to make profit on turboprops? I find it more economic to operate larger aircraft, also on routes with a low demand, but with less departures per week, instead of daily departures with turboprops.

That's pretty much the game at all points. Fewer larger planes tend to be more profitable as passengers don't give a damn about convenience as they would int he real world.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, I'm aware that turboprops make big money if you spam hard enough (See: https://dl-web.dropb...q0mWS0G1YM8BWww). The Doc (owner of that airline) made them incredibly profitable. I believe the Q400NextGen is also the most efficient in-game aircraft.

benboy123

benboy123

• 6 posts

Well, I'm aware that turboprops make big money if you spam hard enough (See: https://dl-web.dropb...q0mWS0G1YM8BWww). The Doc (owner of that airline) made them incredibly profitable. I believe the Q400NextGen is also the most efficient in-game aircraft.

That llink didn't work. 

benboy123

benboy123

• 6 posts

That link didn't work. 

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

It's an ATR 42 making $750k a day.

benboy123

benboy123

• 6 posts

It's an ATR 42 making $750k a day.

Nice. The older ATR-series (ATR 42-300/320 and ATR 72-200) is my favourite aircrafts, and I really want to start a regional airline operating an ATR fleet. But because it's nearly impossible to earn more than ish 75k a day pr. aircraft, I'm forced to operate larger aircrafts (A320-series).

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

A320 is too big for regional carriers. Try the A319, and the CRJ-1000EL if they are available in your time period. They are loads better than ATR-42/72 for regional. (7.5 miles/passenger litre, aaah, jets speed turboprop. OMG) It's efficient and it's great for the ATR-42 market, except the smallest routes.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I dunno. I find that I can run turboprops anywhere better then jets.  They use  less fuel. And if another player comes to the route with a jet . I can cut fares to the point that  he cant  match  and make money. or he has to cut routes.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

I dunno. I find that I can run turboprops anywhere better then jets.  They use  less fuel. And if another player comes to the route with a jet . I can cut fares to the point that  he cant  match  and make money. or he has to cut routes.

S K Y

S K Y

None of anyone's interest

• 865 posts

User's Awards

7    4   

Turboprops can be very profitable on the right routes.

Q400, ATR, and CN235-100 are among my favourite props.

Use them on smaller routes where competitors don't bother flying.

If you talk about amount of money, larger jet planes maybe better, but when it's about profit margin, props win by large percentage.

msg-21998-0-02795400-1542637702.png

msg-21998-0-01263700-1542637720.png

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
I got 30 percent profit margin operating q300 in UK domestic.

dieseltu

dieseltu

AE Luver

• 436 posts

User's Awards

Very good point.  They make less money but more profit margin. Well said.

benboy123

benboy123

• 6 posts

Thanks for all the answers! Has leased 3 ATR 42s now for regional operations in the UK.

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

• Validating
  • 53 posts

The turboprops are great for routes that others wont do, definitely on short feeder routes around your hub with less tham 25 pax per day.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Not much, just buy A380 or A330 to subsidised your lack of income.

Airboss777

Airboss777

Just don't mess with me

• 564 posts

User's Awards

15    19    9    2   

It all depends on your game motive. Some people are purely playing a numbers game & focusing on their rank. They'll use any plane they can get, just to have the biggest fleet & dominate by intimidation. Alternatively, some people are trying to replicate real-life airlines, or create their own "perfect" airline in a perfect world. They're not worried about being in the top 10 rankings, they just want to fly Saab 340's on 100 mile sectors, 4 times a day, to provide a convenient imaginary service for the good folks of their IRL home town. I've done both. The first option is hard work. The other can be fun - until someone else who cares nothing about your IRL hometown comes & dumps B777's on your route just to soak up a few spare hours. Then it just becomes annoying. Good luck, however you chose to play.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
I think those people should be perma-banned from airline empires until they resolve their ways.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I think those people should be perma-banned from airline empires until they resolve their ways.

That sounds like what Kim-Jong Un would said.

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

No he wouldn't, he's the main spammer, needs to be number one whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users