Photo

How to pull off a profit as a start-up?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

Just started playing this game - I'm struggling to make a profit as I have no idea how to start-up. S4 so still learning. Not sure how many planes I need to pull off an actual profit, despite the plane's page saying that I should be profiting. I gain around 250k profit daily from each of my A319 planes that I've leased(should I buy? It's S4 anyway, 100 million start money)

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Just started playing this game - I'm struggling to make a profit as I have no idea how to start-up. S4 so still learning. Not sure how many planes I need to pull off an actual profit, despite the plane's page saying that I should be profiting. I gain around 250k profit daily from each of my A319 planes that I've leased(should I buy? It's S4 anyway, 100 million start money)

The plane page is only the profit for the aircraft. I would recommend reducing reserves(don't put it to 0%), and reducing staff wages. Initially, the staff will be unhappy, but they will get used to it. Also, if you have advertising, then remove it. It has no effect in game other than increasing your reputation, which is less important than money.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Take a look at either my guide or Kitty's guide. Both are in this forum, but Kitty's guide has been swarmed.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Take a look at either my guide or Kitty's guide. Both are in this forum, but Kitty's guide has been swarmed.

You forgot mine ;) http://www.airline-e...s/?fromsearch=1

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

Mr. Wonderful

• Validating
  • 53 posts

If you really want ot make a profit in a world (expecially a large one),

• You should just go into a country NOT in the EU as long as the game endes before 2000 (when the Open Skies Agreement starts).
  • You should probabally go into a country that has no airlines currently in it probabally, not U.S.A., Canada, China, Japan, Brazil, Austraila or if you really want to go EU not U.K.
  • Probabally not a good idea to buy right off the bat.
  • Don't install IFE or IFS
  • Try to keep within the continent unless you really want to go international then go world wide once you have the cash

Hope that helps you make a successful airline.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

YES MAKE IFE AND IFS WTF U MAKE ALL OF IT LOW BUT THE MAKE SNAKS HIGH QUALITY AND MAKE THE OTHER THING FREE IT GIVE U 3 STAR WITH 400 PROFIT

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

you could always try scam IFE/IFS to help boost profit earnings.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

you could always try scam IFE/IFS to help boost profit earnings.

Stop encouraging new players to be spammers, 

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Stop encouraging new players to be spammers,

Spam =/= Scam. Scam IFS doesn't always mean spamline. 4* Scam is commonplace with quality airlines as the lesser of two evils and for a sense of realism. So to summarise, getting extra money from passengers so your airline doesn't BK straight off. Have you tried flying London - Copenhagen for $49 on a 95Y RJ100? Then try to tell us who the real spammers are :P

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

I was just saying that its a nice way to earn lots off $$$ if you start off. After a while you wouldn't need it anymore and can remove it, but it is useful to help you expand faster etc. in the beginning of a world.

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Spam =/= Scam. Scam IFS doesn't always mean spamline. 4* Scam is commonplace with quality airlines as the lesser of two evils and for a sense of realism. So to summarise, getting extra money from passengers so your airline doesn't BK straight off. Have you tried flying London - Copenhagen for $49 on a 95Y RJ100? Then try to tell us who the real spammers are :P

Well, that's your problem, deciding to buy such an inefficient aircraft, and then removing seats from it. At least buy some good, better planes, such as the A320, which probably will be filled by the route.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well, that's your problem, deciding to buy such an inefficient aircraft, and then removing seats from it. At least buy some good, better planes, such as the A320, which probably will be filled by the route.

:facepalm: I'm sorry Master. I don't think A320s have clearance to land at LCY , and I can put whatever configuration I choose into an aircraft :/ . The fact of the matter is, I pulled this off as a start up, and am therefore recommending it as a Business plan.
Now let's take our pointless ranting out of the forums. Goodnight Vienna.

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

:facepalm: I'm sorry Master. I don't think A320s have clearance to land at LCY , and I can put whatever configuration I choose into an aircraft :/ . The fact of the matter is, I pulled this off as a start up, and am therefore recommending it as a Business plan.
Now let's take our pointless ranting out of the forums. Goodnight Vienna.

Well then, try the A318, or A319-100.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Well then, try the A318, or A319-100.

It's 1993 and Avros are lovely. A319s aren't allowed into LCY either.

zahrul3

zahrul3

AE Player

• 36 posts

So I just figured it my own way, and I found out myself that in order to make profit, you need to make at least 5 million from 2 planes to cover the cost of staffing, gate etc.

Currently I have a business class on my planes, but that's because there's an economy class only competitor with a low-cost strategy. The presence of 16 business class seats seem to give me a 20% increase on my profits which should balance out the cost of installing them. My gripe is that I selected a relatively small airport(Bali) as a hub only to find out there's a competitor on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users